The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 25, 2024, 08:20:12 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Timer on password changes  (Read 3867 times)
Master Shake

Icarus Code Grinder

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2008, 11:08:35 PM »

I ran across this earlier and it seems to be a possible multi-account trick. Base accounts start with 550 CPU. Daemon takes 250(I think)and password change takes 300. There isnt anything (I havent tried disinfect,not worth the trouble on a dead gate) I could do to it.I uploaded spyware,but couldnt run it-not enough CPU! So I suggest a timer on the password change,to alleviate the lockup of an obvious farm.

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 11:13:17 PM »

Well there will be something to clear dead tasks away, maybe after 5 days the tasks that are completed and not clicked on would just be deleted... we'll see.

You could just remote disinfect and put your own virus tough...

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 11:18:54 PM »

Well there will be something to clear dead tasks away, maybe after 5 days the tasks that are completed and not clicked on would just be deleted... we'll see.

You could just remote disinfect and put your own virus tough...
lol that would work. But i don't like the idea of auto password change, since.. there isn't one in reality i think.

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 01:41:12 PM »

there are password generators which you can use, and if you programmed it (high end one) it should be able to auto change your password, and the ultra secure servers do it as well, and then use a lot of fake back doors to secure the entrance point

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 01:46:41 PM »

there are password generators which you can use, and if you programmed it (high end one) it should be able to auto change your password, and the ultra secure servers do it as well, and then use a lot of fake back doors to secure the entrance point
=P mhm, but auto?.. rawr you don't have to change your pass if you don't want to. Forcing that is.. weird in my opinion..

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 02:29:24 PM »

yeah, it's a good habit but you shouldn't have too

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 03:04:21 PM »

yeah, it's a good habit but you shouldn't have too
Yeah, just like in real life  16

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: