The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 19, 2024, 10:20:29 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: taking over servers  (Read 3154 times)
Noseedam

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2008, 05:50:49 PM »

there needs to be a way to take over servers, instead of having to buy them, with maybe the draw back of not being able to upgrade them, or something like that

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 06:05:18 PM »

there needs to be a way to take over servers, instead of having to buy them, with maybe the draw back of not being able to upgrade them, or something like that
Well firstly, isn't a server ran on a computer? And buying a new gateway the dealer says "or you could buy a whole new complete system" or something like that. I don't think you'll be able to because you can simply format it..

But i do like the idea of taking over another server

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 06:18:43 PM »

servers are run off computers yes, but there are things called e-servers, look em up, it'll explain it better than i can

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 08:19:25 PM »

You used to be able to do this.  My group had control of 6+ secret servers.  But it was decided to change it so that player owned firewall's and password protects can no longer be ran on the NPC servers.

Now really the only way that you can "take over a server" is if someone gives you their server when they quit.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 08:50:22 PM »

You used to be able to do this.  My group had control of 6+ secret servers.  But it was decided to change it so that player owned firewall's and password protects can no longer be ran on the NPC servers.

Now really the only way that you can "take over a server" is if someone gives you their server when they quit.
Oh nice, so that was why people were uploading firewalls and such.

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: