The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 19, 2024, 05:28:08 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New mission type: Search  (Read 4553 times)
Tiak

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2008, 07:46:22 PM »

That name isn't particularly good for it, but the idea would be that an NPC had data deleted by an unknown source and wants you to help find them...  You would have to trace back through a series of bounces leading to another NPC (or a PC I suppose) and then, through some means, submit the IP to the mission.  If you submit the wrong IP, you would no longer be able to do the mission.
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 08:08:15 PM »

That name isn't particularly good for it, but the idea would be that an NPC had data deleted by an unknown source and wants you to help find them...  You would have to trace back through a series of bounces leading to another NPC (or a PC I suppose) and then, through some means, submit the IP to the mission.  If you submit the wrong IP, you would no longer be able to do the mission.
Jeez, kinda hard to code that.. It's all up to Sir Emi but i support the idea.

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 08:55:23 PM »

i like the idea of a new kind of mission, but at the same time....... as he point out, i can see how that would be hard to code, because it would have to generate the i.p. in the midst of data flow, and other people could change it..... and theres no real way to make it harder, and on top of that not many people are good at tracking others

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
plubius

a gun is not an argument.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 10:18:57 PM »

or you could turn it into an anti hacker mission and have people track down who deleted a file, that way we wouldnt have the question of how they find hackers who bounce to hide the logs.

for every action there is an equal and opposite government program
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 12:05:17 AM »

This is very similar to the "Kill Process" mission that sends you to track and kill a process on the target, so I don't see a point but we may increase the mission pay on the kill process and maybe take into account power...

Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 06:10:23 PM »

maybe it should be npc, and have it be so that it'll give you some general data on the hacker, and the list of servers he'd recently been too and let you do the breaking and entering

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 07:00:45 PM »

This is very similar to the "Kill Process" mission that sends you to track and kill a process on the target, so I don't see a point but we may increase the mission pay on the kill process and maybe take into account power...
Yes since,  i just did one that paid for 50 and the person had high protection and lowbies might not even have the programs to break into that and 50 hpd isnt worth the hastle.

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 09:51:20 AM »

anti-hacker missions are only worth the time for getting their i.p. and going back to them later........

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 11:05:51 AM »

anti-hacker missions are only worth the time for getting their i.p. and going back to them later........
lol yeah their server could support virii   shifty shifty

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: