The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 06:02:25 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Remote MAlware Add-on  (Read 14624 times)
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 12:08:23 PM »

That would be awesome!

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 03:57:31 PM »

set the damage each attack takes while you attack several times?

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2010, 05:31:13 AM »

I'm a little confused...I have 600 or so hours on a malware and I try to attack with 50 hours attack power...the process time is 4h 53m 28s

Why?

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2010, 06:35:26 AM »

Because you are trying to attack with a 4.20098 Overload file.

The more hours you attack with the, the longer it takes.

Try 10 hours.  It'll take a little more than an hour.

Don't make the Hulk Angry.... He smash your cookies!

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2010, 08:24:50 AM »

Wrong on the version size  19

3.53075 is my highest  bodyguard

But i'm still confused, surely if i attack with 10 hours it should take ten hours not one?

Or is it doing 10 hours worth of damage in one, or in reverse?
I dont get it  2

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2010, 04:52:44 PM »

But i'm still confused, surely if i attack with 10 hours it should take ten hours not one?

Or is it doing 10 hours worth of damage in one, or in reverse?
I dont get it  2

- it takes longer to complete a remote malware attack, depending on virii version / run hours = attack power

So what this means is Run Hours = Your attack power.

Depending on what amount of hours (attack power) you wish to use, and task complete timer is calculated. Bonuses to runtime like faction and skills are taken into consideration too. Generally, the higher the software version and the more hours you input, the more it will take to complete the attack but "Run hours" does not equal "time to complete attack process".

I think we may have to do an estimator here like in research, so you know the time to complete before issuing the attack...

« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 04:54:41 PM by siremi » Logged

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2010, 07:44:06 PM »

This is a rough estimate you can follow.  Most likely add about 14% to this if you don't have any ability points or are not of the faction.

Malware Logic Bomb   3.53075   

50 Hours      4hr  9m
   25 Hours      2Hr 17m
   20 Hours      1Hr 55m
   15 Hours      1Hr 32m
   10 Hours      1Hr 10m

Malware Overload Bomb   4.20098

50 Hours      4Hr 38m
   25 Hours      2Hr 53m
   10 Hours      1Hr 14m

Malware Overload Bomb   1.86295

50 HOurs      2h 16m
   25 Hours      1h 20m
   15 Hours         58m
   10 Hours         46m

Malware Overload Bomb   0.5

250 Hours      2h 56m
       100 Hours           1h 25m
   50 Hours                 54m

The first column is the amount of HOURS to use.  The second column is how long it will take to complete the remote attack.

What I did to learn this is to target my own server (the one with the malware on it) and started doing different values.

The damage caused by a 50 hours .5 virus is roughly the same as the 15 hours of the 1.8  (both complete in about 55-58 minutes)  The same amount of time to complete for each is what determines the actual damage.  This appears to be true for any time of around 1 hour completion time or more.  Any lower than that and results are not as predictable.

In addition damage is percentage based.  If you hit a player with 10,000 BW and another player with 1,000 BW for the same amount of time used, the larger BW player will receive a much bigger hit in damage.  So, this also means that if you hit them with 15 malwares you will notice that each subsequent hit will cause a bit less damage.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 07:51:41 PM by Brok Ironfist » Logged

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2010, 07:55:10 PM »

I think we may have to do an estimator here like in research, so you know the time to complete before issuing the attack...

Emi,

I think the best way to go about this would be to ask the player how many hours they wish for the attack to take.  The system will then use the necessary saved up time needed.  This would reduce the amount of playing around that I've done and allow them to just attack.

It should also inform them of the amount of hours that will be used by that attack so then can make sure their subsequent attacks are not being wasted.

-Brok

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2010, 09:07:34 PM »

Emi,

I think the best way to go about this would be to ask the player how many hours they wish for the attack to take.  The system will then use the necessary saved up time needed.  This would reduce the amount of playing around that I've done and allow them to just attack.

It should also inform them of the amount of hours that will be used by that attack so then can make sure their subsequent attacks are not being wasted.

-Brok

That's what I was thinking. You know how you input nr of hours for research then click estimate.
We do the same thing here, you click a button next to the attack that says estimate time of attack and it gives you the time is takes to complete...

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2010, 02:26:53 AM »

Sounds like a plan to me, maybe it could show up estimated damage too.. Although that's dependant on how much hardware there is, i think....

Go for it :D

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2010, 07:12:03 AM »

Emi,

I would also ask that you add a couple of things to the software section.

Order by IP so we can see all virii on a given server much easier (or even if it just defaulted to that, instead of the current randomness).  I currently have around 150 malware and it is getting hard to quickly scan through them to determine which ones I want to attack with.

In addtion, if you attempt to ACTIVATE a virii and it sits on your own server warn the player before it happens.  I've got so many hours saved up that one wrong click will destroy my server.

Thanks,

-Brok

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2010, 11:19:16 AM »

In addtion, if you attempt to ACTIVATE a virii and it sits on your own server warn the player before it happens.  I've got so many hours saved up that one wrong click will destroy my server.

Yeah that's true, I'm going to make the software page better while doing the estimator.

Thank you.

Hatejacket
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2010, 08:03:13 AM »

IMO Logic Bombs are rather underpowered. Not in that they dont do enough damage (Which they dont), but if you attack another malware server, it essentially has no effect. It doesn't lower the value of installed malware, which I believe it should.

Take out other farms with your farms 1
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2010, 08:32:59 AM »

Yeah, I must agree with you.  It should damage all software whether installed or not.

I think it may have been designed that way to begin with with Robber Barons in mind.  Loosing a a .5 installed baron in one hit would be hard to stomach.  But if faster virii install/disinfects were put into place then it wouldn't matter all that much.

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2010, 03:55:27 PM »

maybe put it in as a sentance like

using XXX hours to attack XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, will take XXX hours to complete.

you would be able to input ip, hrs of use, and hours of attack. when one time is put in it will calculate the other

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to: