The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 09:40:22 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Newbie Protection  (Read 8918 times)
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2010, 06:40:36 PM »

Emi,

I'd like to suggest that you change the newbie protection to 250,000 power instead of the server stats like it currently is.  This would give newbies quite a bit of time to start exploring the game, investing in missions and learning the ropes.  This would also remove those players who buy new servers and hide behind their newbie status.  Haven't seen it this round yet, but last was quite annoying.

In addition, a player could break newbie protection by hacking into a private server or disinfecting another players virus.

Of course, a warning would display informing the impending newbie protection destruction when they attempt to hack a private server or disinfect another player's virus.

-Brok

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 07:19:03 PM »

should remove against that player

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 07:40:14 PM »

So, they should be able to have newbie protection, except who they attacked?

Not sure if I like that...  Could be abused.

Exousia
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 01:34:32 AM »

Suggestion approved.  5

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 08:55:47 AM »

Pretty good idea, I tink i suggested someing similar...

http://www.hacker-project.com/forum/index.php?topic=1833.0
Along the same lines

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 11:21:52 AM »

Yeah, that could happen in this scenario as well Alpha.  Get above 250k, cause damage and bomb yourself back into safety...

But I don't think too many people would be doing that... 1

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 03:23:36 PM »

permanent destruction of status after 99,999 power

choice of discard

if you do something on a person's gateway (not hack or view but actually create/destroy process) you lose for that person and their group as well as 4hrs of lost protection from everyone (unless inactive for 2+weeks)

1 month inactivity kills

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Exousia
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 07:19:05 PM »

Why are we so adamant about attacks forcing the target out of protection as well? The only way one would be able to attack is if the target has already lost protection.
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 08:01:53 PM »

I have no idea of what bontrose is talking about...

I'm mainly suggesting that if a person chooses to participate in PVP they are warned of their actions and if they choose to go ahead they are then awarded PVP status for their efforts and are free to be counter-attacked.

In addition, to prevent someone from creating a second account and using that to freely attack another player without fear of reprisal. 

Exousia
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 10:18:28 PM »

I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about, Brok.  5

Like you, however, I'm not entirely sure what Bontrose is talking about. It appears to me, however, that he seems to be thinking that the target of such aggression should also lose protection, for some reason.  confused2
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 06:41:02 AM »

I have no idea of what bontrose is talking about...

+1

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 12:23:39 PM »

I'm going to study the suggestion.

It's usually more difficult to balance a player power restriction protection system then the current server by server, because you would have to account for the attacks of a player in protection.

An option would be to remove protection completely, as since high players can not accept missions on public servers when they are over 1 million and newbie players don't pose a good target for adware virii as they did in the past, the protection is kind of outdated...

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2010, 01:29:53 PM »

Improve it or get rid of it, i'm down with either

VOTE FOR CHANGE

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 01:50:16 PM »

I'd suggest not getting rid of it.  The reason being is that a couple of hacks and the newbie becomes very disgruntled at not being able to get anything done without getting their processes killed.

We may not have a reason to kill their processes, but doesn't mean we don't do it.

They need a reason to want and stay and play.  Getting slaughtered every couple of days won't help them.  Let them get their sea legs before we toss 'em in with the sharks.

Exousia
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 03:28:08 PM »

Maybe a time limit from account activation or a combination of the above such as a certain power rating and/or certain hardware per server as well. For instance, new servers could have until they reach a certain hardware spec or until they've been around for a week or two whether the player is active or not.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: