The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 25, 2024, 12:36:53 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: GlitchH4x0r's FactionMissions Suggestion  (Read 4918 times)
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2010, 09:27:47 AM »

He didn't want to join the forum for some reason so I said i'd post it for him:

"Ok a lot of people have been complaining that there are not enough faction missions for everyone so I can up with a real solution and I want to know what you think. Increasing the number of missions per sever is a nonsolution because people will just accept more missions and do more.

My idea is to have faction missions that are only acceptable by certain ranks like it would have a some text saying "Only acceptable by Supervisor (rank #) of above." And in Your ability menu next to your rank name in parentheses.

Next the factions for higher ranks should have increased difficulty and greater rewards due to increased difficulty. Like a rank 1 search and destroy mission would be an unlisted server with a v0.1 firewall and password protect protecting a /root/OS/os.sock file hidden by a v0.1 hider and encrypted with a v0.1 encrypter. It would give like 100-200 hpd, some ap, and some standing. A higher rank mission would have higher versions of firewall and password protect, /root/OS/os.sock file, hider, and encrypter. Higher ranked missions would give more hpd, ap, and standing but they should be based on the level of security, (firewall and password protect) the protection of the /root/OS/os.sock file, (hider and encrypter) and the version of the /root/OS/os.sock file instead of just of the the version of the /root/OS/os.sock file. Recover codes missions would the the same way but instead the should be on unlisted servers perhaps the some on the same servers as the search and destroy missions.

Of course, I think with this change we should increase the number of missions of each server to 10 or 12. This suggestion will help newbies because there will be more missions for them because the lower missions will not be as rewarding as the higher ones. This will help experienced player beecause there will be more challenging and rewarding missions with less people hogging them all."

GlitchH4xor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 09:47:08 AM »

The reason is I hate change. I never posted on the forums before over the course of the 4 rounds in which I have played/playing I have never had any necessary comments or suggestions until I went to the bathroom and sitting there I thought up this suggestion. Great things happen when you let your mind wander aimlessly unfortunately if requires some intelligence.

Plus I thought it would sound better coming a well established poster and player than a 1 post newbie.

The level of tyranny that you will live under is the level of tyranny that you will tolerate.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 10:19:50 AM »

You thought of this whilst taking a dump, awesome  5

I think it's a great idea for several reasons actually:

- It makes use of the factions ranking system, whereas right now it's just number grinding and I don't really care about it
- It balances things out nicely, in the beginning the person who starts doing faction missions first will get further ahead, but there'll be alot of competition until the ranks start changing amongst players.

I dont think the AP reward should be increased however because that's already a problem, and AP rewards of 100 would be way too much, I personally think AP is something you should have to wait or donate for, not something you can earn like HPD, I mean it's even called 'Time' but that isn't really the case now, I can complete a bunch of faction missions and overload my 'Time' so i'm, The Doctor?

I don't see why recover codes can't be on unlisted servers, that would make it more dangerous to do decrypts without changing IP at least....

GlitchH4xor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 10:26:44 AM »

...I dont think the AP reward should be increased however because that's already a problem, and AP rewards of 100 would be way too much, I personally think AP is something you should have to wait or donate for, not something you can earn like HPD, I mean it's even called 'Time' but that isn't really the case now, I can complete a bunch of faction missions and overload my 'Time' so i'm, The Doctor?

When I said increase the ap reward I meant make it vary from mission difficulty because all faction missions right now a fixed ap bonus. I want it to be like a low level mission gives you 5 AP then higher up missions give you more AP. I think the max should be between 50-75.

The level of tyranny that you will live under is the level of tyranny that you will tolerate.
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 03:55:08 PM »

Great suggestion Glitch.

Exousia
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 06:39:39 PM »

There's been some discussion of player exclusive missions and rank dependent faction missions in other threads and the consensus seems to be that it is a good idea. Therefore, I will support such a suggestion and anything related to it on the basis that the general population supports it and it would help balance things for newbies.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 07:06:34 PM »

Yeah the version of the hider / encryption used in "Search & Destroy" does affect the HPD reward, but maybe it should be increased to a higher percent.

More specialized missions for higher ranks is a definite possibility, however what we want to do is add some more faction missions for that. Basically, those two missions you see are just starter missions, and when other types are released this also increases diversity / difficulty, going into higher ranks with increased difficulty and more reward...

Also, it would be nice to make some storyline missions that would give some unique bonuses, like ability points and other goodies...

Exousia
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 03:01:37 AM »

Storyline, eh?  21
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 12:33:48 PM »

All sound good Emi.

GlitchH4xor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 02:30:52 PM »

Yeah the version of the hider / encryption used in "Search & Destroy" does affect the HPD reward, but maybe it should be increased to a higher percent.

What percent is it now?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: