The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 20, 2024, 05:32:56 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Revelation & Anti Missions  (Read 9654 times)
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2010, 08:49:46 AM »

I think it would be a nice incorperation if you added missions for Revelation dependant on your factions stance.

For instance True Light and Omnicron would spawn faction missions like "Disinfect Revelation Day Virus" with a decent reward dependant on version/security as usual

And the other two factions would spawn "Install Revelation Day Virus" Install at least a 0.1 Revelation Day virus onto any server to receive reward.

Obviously these wouldn't appear until later in the round, maybe once the first Rev has been activated

It would encourage more infecting/disinfecting revelation and could make for interesting gameplay i think

Hatejacket
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 08:50:58 AM »

Lol, because the round ending isn't encouragement enough?

Haven't you been around for a round or two? You should know how this works.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 09:17:49 AM »

It's a good idea, the factions that support Rev send you on installing and the ones against it would send you to disinfect.

Of course the mission should be extra special, maybe a big faction standing increase as a bonus... I'll think about it.

On the Rev side, it would have to be a minimum version, something like Rev V 1.0 minimum (that you will have to acquire), while on the Faith side you are sent on all the lower and higher Revs.

It would add up some spice 1

Cheers!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 09:21:07 AM by siremi » Logged

GlitchH4xor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 09:20:00 AM »

It's a good idea, the factions that support Rev sent you on installing and the ones against it would send you to disinfect.

Of course the mission should be extra special, maybe a big faction standing increase as a bonus... I'll think about it.

On the Rev side, it would have to be a minimum version, something like Rev V 1.0 minimum, while on the Faith side you are sent on all the lower and higher Revs.

It would add up some spice 1

Cheers!

People always respond to incentives! Yeah the missions could be "Start Dooms Day" and "Stop Dooms Day."
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 09:53:21 AM by GlitchH4xor » Logged

The level of tyranny that you will live under is the level of tyranny that you will tolerate.
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 11:04:02 AM »

I agree... More missions.

Hatejacket
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 11:53:03 AM »

It'll also cut the round length down significantly IMO. I'm not too hot on this idea.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 12:04:13 PM »

Considering the last round lasted nearly a year I don't think that will be too bad a thing... 21
It'll give you more incentive to stop it from happening that's for sure. And the chances of 10 people all activating a Revelation are slim without everyone working together to do it basically  atention

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 12:05:10 PM »

meh

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
GlitchH4xor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 05:45:59 PM »

Considering the last round lasted nearly a year I don't think that will be too bad a thing... 21
It'll give you more incentive to stop it from happening that's for sure. And the chances of 10 people all activating a Revelation are slim without everyone working together to do it basically  atention

Yeah it is really bad when some crazy group get together and are determined to start rev. SOTL and ZombieTech hilarious. "Donating is the last check on a tyrannical group."

The level of tyranny that you will live under is the level of tyranny that you will tolerate.
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 06:18:47 PM »

meh

says the person who failed to make the top 50.

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 02:09:14 PM »

haven't been on much this round

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 07:05:32 PM »

any round?

Hatejacket
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2010, 02:39:56 AM »

any round?

Bontrose, our unnecessary forum poster. That's all he's ever been known for.
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2010, 11:01:51 AM »

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2010, 02:08:29 PM »

" Revelation virus uses a complex algorithm to overload remote servers and cause an explosive chain reaction that will convert a regular server into an explosive device. Once installed, the virus will search the network and create a list for the chain reaction. The Revelation virus has a unique signature that is visible across the world network. The server running the Revelation virus will have it's defenses negated by the virus process. A private information facilitator can only install one virus. "

Really?

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: