The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 11:16:15 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Completing Decrypt Task connects you to server (Improves Touch Compatibility)  (Read 7297 times)
Hatejacket
« on: June 24, 2010, 01:16:12 AM »

My suggestion is that for decrypts only, add '/Connect' to the end of decrypt tasks that are complete, so it looks like this:

decrypt file #xxx /root/OS/os.sock V Over.9000 [x.x.x.x], Task Complete / Connect

Both would be links, with Task Complete still functioning as it does now, and obviously with connect connecting you to the server. The function that it would not work while bouncing could also be added as a precaution. Of course to remedy that and start finishing a large amount of decrypts, all you'd have to do is disconnect your trail first.

And that's another two cents of mine. If youre wondering why I am suggesting this, do 100+ decrypts in a day and I'm sure you'll see my point.

Alternatively, make the Task Complete button itself a link that connects you to the server  (and only on decrypt tasks? All mission tasks?). Considering you can not bounce into or out of the unlisted server, the link shouldn't work if you are already on a bounce trail (This will also prevent you from accidentally clicking and losing your trail). If you are connected to a server it would work fine, but not while bouncing. This helps us decryptors who still have to do an annoying amount of copying and pasting when decrypts are complete.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 11:27:31 AM by Hatejacket » Logged
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 01:22:59 AM »

POST COUNT  12

But yea..Would make life alot easier, Gets old real fast...
Hatejacket
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 11:25:49 AM »

I'd also like to note that this will improve compatibility with touch screen users. You can not copy and paste the IP while on an iPhone as when you go to select the IP, it simply highlights the task and doesn't let you copy. Therefore you have to manually type in the IP each time which essentially renders the missions either VERY SLOW or useless. This would solve that entirely, along with the last update which is great as well.
sukilove

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 11:41:23 AM »

True it's helpful but. After Decrypt it will Leave a trail. (normal ) for other user's to track you down. instead of trace your decrypting process.
Hatejacket
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 01:06:23 PM »

True it's helpful but. After Decrypt it will Leave a trail. (normal ) for other user's to track you down. instead of trace your decrypting process.

Can you please try and explain this in a way that it makes more sense? All I'm suggesting is a link so that you don't have to copy and paste the IP. Everything else still works as normal. The 'Connect' Button would only be shown on your localhost.

As it stands, the Task Complete button serves no purpose on localhost other than to tell you that you need to connect remotely. This would simply make that connection for you. Not to mention making the game playable on iPhone.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 01:09:08 PM by Hatejacket » Logged
Exousia
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 07:15:15 AM »

Yeah, try looking in Whatever for the flame that this thread degenerated into.

bodyguard
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 08:57:50 AM »

Suggestion has been implemented.

On some certain task on the gateway when it completes you will see a [Connect / Bounce] link aster the "task completed" link.

Thank you.

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 01:49:09 PM »

woot

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 10:11:26 AM »

I'd also like to note that this will improve compatibility with touch screen users. You can not copy and paste the IP while on an iPhone as when you go to select the IP, it simply highlights the task and doesn't let you copy. Therefore you have to manually type in the IP each time which essentially renders the missions either VERY SLOW or useless. This would solve that entirely, along with the last update which is great as well.

This is very very true. Thats why i suggested all IPs copy to clipboard on click before.
HP on an iPhone can be hell  19

Excellent update Emi!

Also i've just discovered "View ALL unread topics"
Prepare to be assimilated  14

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 04:09:02 PM »

heck i hit new replies-unread-all-then i scan the fourm

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW