The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 07:54:53 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New Missions - Brainstorm  (Read 3250 times)
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2010, 12:23:16 PM »

I'm going to use this thread to brainstorm Anti-hacker missions with the general populous.

I was thinking:

"Attack a Hacker that damaged our system"

Recently it has come to our attention that a hacker has been damaging our servers, we have traced the IP back to [xx.xx.xx.xx] and will pay hansomly for somebody to seek revenge for us. Damage their gateway by at least 50,000 CPU to receive your reward.
Explanation - This would make for malware missions, obviously it would have to be relative to the players power and server stats. This mission would/could spawn after a certain amount of HPD has been taken from a faction server via barons or other viruses

"Process Trace a Hacker"
One of our faction servers is suffering malicious processes from an unknown assailant, trace this process and the IP found will automatically be sent to us in order to reward your efforts.
Explanation - This would make use for process tracer other than gathering IPs and is another mission type that only takes a bit of hardware to complete, it's something else, rather than nothing else basically. It could spawn when a virus is being activated on a secret server, or if a player is deleting files on it.

"Recover Log"
An unauthorised gateway has been detected bouncing through our server [xx.xx.xx.xx] Unfortunately we are lacking the resources to recover this log and would like your assistance in the matter. Log ID: #xxxxx Deleted at Version xx you will be rewarded once the log is recovered.
Explanation - This mission would be great for new players and old ones alike, it could have a higher reward per version the log is deleted, it could only be on public servers if you are worried about big players hacking smaller ones (due to the new 1million power mission feature) this one was Glitch's idea  19
*RECOVER TRAIL MISSION ADDED*

"Upload File"
According to our sources, there is a nice piece of software we'd like to get our hands on. Find and upload <Filetype> of at least <version XX> to one of our faction servers to complete the mission.
Explanation - Factions should have good software, uploading files to a faction would also generate more higher reward delete file missions. This way it makes more sense, as you're helping your faction to obtain new software, but then rival factions will post missions to destroy that software in competition, or even steal it for themselves, which could be another mission type. It would be a simple mission for everyone and could have different rewards based on the filesize of the file (rather than version due to upload times)

"Delete Crucial Rival Data"
You need to delete / purge a file from a rival system.
The file is <file ID and type>
After hacking into the system, access Files / Programs and start the delete process. Complete the delete process from the Running Software. It usually takes a bit of time to delete... depends on the file size. We will transfer the reward when you complete the objective.

Explanation - This mission would be a faction mission like regular delete files, except specifically targetting rival faction servers, possibly leading to a new type of server (like unlisted) "eg.Unlisted Icarus Mainframe", this type of server would be running twice as high defenses as regular unlisted servers and would contain the faction's top files, rival factions would then spawn this mission for hackers to damage their rivals. It would give AP and HPD depending on file version (deletes can take hundreds of hours) This server wouldn't have much bandwidth (maybe 50 max as its a secure mainframe) Unsure whether it should be allowed to be bounced through, maybe you can only bounce into it from it's own faction server (eg. to attack an icarus mainframe the bounce before it must be secret icarus, uplink style)

"Kill Process"
We have detected a hostile process running on our server <server IP> kill it before completion to receive your reward
Explanation - I know there is already a kill process mission, but it scarcely spawns and it costs quite a bit of AP to trace any single process, so i was thinking this also could be a faction mission that rewards with AP and HPD, you could even have it work out how much AP you used tracing it and reward you accordingly (seeing as process tracer is chance based) But i'm unsure about that. I think it'd be good as it encourages the use of the software and is generally another mission type, the more the merrier is how I see it. Could even have an Identify Virus mission, that rewards you for finding a name, and even higher for finding an IP maybe.
*TRACE & SCAN TRANSFER MISSION ADDED*
Code: (template)
[u]""[/u]
[i][/i]
[color=lightblue][b]Explanation - [/b][/color]

If I think of more, i'll edit here and add them, same if I like anyone elses ideas.  1
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 05:11:19 PM by ãłþħά-∆9 » Logged

GlitchH4xor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 05:06:12 PM »

"Recover Log"
An unauthorised gateway has been detected bouncing through our server [xx.xx.xx.xx] Unfortunately we are lacking the resources to recover this log and would like your assistance in the matter. Log ID: #xxxxx Deleted at Version xx you will be rewarded once the log is recovered.
Explanation - This mission would be great for new players and old ones alike, it could have a higher reward per version the log is deleted, it could only be on public servers if you are worried about big players hacking smaller ones (due to the new 1million power mission feature) this one was Glitch's idea  19

My idea in detail because I did not give much on our group board was that you have to hack into a secret or public server and undelete the log and go through the bounce logs and find the ip of the hacker. Then you copy the ip and paste it into the mission briefing. It does not matter if the hacker changed ips or not. So it is like trace the hacker mission.

The level of tyranny that you will live under is the level of tyranny that you will tolerate.
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 02:16:34 PM »

so

malware attack missions
tracer missions
find the hacker missions
steal file missions

i like them*

*adding to list

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
GlitchH4xor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 03:49:24 PM »

so

malware attack missions
tracer missions
find the hacker missions
steal file missions

i like them*

*adding to list

I hate doing extra work to see messages.

The level of tyranny that you will live under is the level of tyranny that you will tolerate.
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 04:08:22 PM »

not too much work for you i hope laugh

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 04:33:49 PM »

Updated.

Added - "Delete Crucial Rival Data" mission idea
Added - "Kill Process" mission idea

I think it's good to bear in mind that with these missions, it pushes more advanced hackers away from the newbier servers, so they should have higher rewards  21
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 04:44:57 PM by ãłþħά-∆9 » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: