The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 12:09:30 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Wrong Fileshare Install Timers?!  (Read 16689 times)
Hatejacket
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2010, 06:46:08 PM »

So what, it's okay to make two accounts but only one is allowed to use malware? Don't get me wrong I'm not saying this is what I plan to do, it's just a hypothetical situation.

If you play two accounts as seperate entities, your goal is still to make it into the top 10, and one way to do so would be to sit on your barons/malware and use them to boost yourself at the same time taking out other players.

You say it's using multiple accounts to attack the same target, well who are you supposed to attack if you decide to play two accounts as separate entities? Your enemies are the same: anyone else who is in the top 10.

Also, who is going to take the AP and massive disinfect time it takes to disinfect a malware farm, when you can easily be process traced and attacked with the same malware? I know for a fact since I started all of my malware farms, none have been cracked, and if they have nobody touched the servers one bit.

As for falling behind, it took me a week to get into the top 10. Maybe less time. Sorry if I seem rude or blunt but that isn't a valid point if you ask me.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 06:56:59 PM by Hatejacket » Logged
GlitchH4xor

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2010, 07:22:45 PM »

So what, it's okay to make two accounts but only one is allowed to use malware? Don't get me wrong I'm not saying this is what I plan to do, it's just a hypothetical situation.

Yes it is ok to have multiple account under these circumstances:
You do not use your accounts to help one single account.
You may not finance a lower power account with a higher power one in other to do damage to lower people using the higher account resources.
You do not use your multiple accounts to attack one single target. Your accounts may not help each other in any way. You have to play each account as a single entity to ensure the fair play as opposed to your fellow players.
There are special features in place that will automatically detect and prevent connections to your multi accounts.
Taken from http://www.hacker-project.com/terms.html

So yes HJ you are correct.

Also, who is going to take the AP and massive disinfect time it takes to disinfect a malware farm, when you can easily be process traced and attacked with the same malware? I know for a fact since I started all of my malware farms, none have been cracked, and if they have nobody touched the servers one bit.

If nobody has touched your servers why go to vacation mode? Just stay out and gain attack power?

The level of tyranny that you will live under is the level of tyranny that you will tolerate.
Hatejacket
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2010, 07:45:56 PM »

Yes it is ok to have multiple account under these circumstances:
You do not use your accounts to help one single account.
You may not finance a lower power account with a higher power one in other to do damage to lower people using the higher account resources.
You do not use your multiple accounts to attack one single target. Your accounts may not help each other in any way. You have to play each account as a single entity to ensure the fair play as opposed to your fellow players.
There are special features in place that will automatically detect and prevent connections to your multi accounts.
Taken from http://www.hacker-project.com/terms.html

So yes HJ you are correct.

If nobody has touched your servers why go to vacation mode? Just stay out and gain attack power?

All those rules explain to me are that you can not attack the same server with two different accounts. Doesn't clearly state that on two different occasions one could attack the same server with your two accounts, say for example after the server changes IP. Hypothetically one could save their malware on the second account and attack ranks 5-10, a legitimate reason would be to get that second account into ranks 5-10. Then your main account could solely focus on ranks 1-4, with a goal to get into the top 4. Therefore the two accounts are being played as separate entities.

And why go into vac mode? For that extra bit of security. To HIDE. Not to go on vacation.

My suggestions to fix this obvious problem...it is compelling that you don't see this is an obvious loophole.

- Don't let users play multiple accouts anymore. This wouldn't change much but would help. It's not realistic that one can use multiple accounts as separate entities. For one, separate entities should be completely entitled to attack whatever server they want so long as it's not at the same time, otherwise the rule is contradictive of itself considering you aren't really playing them as separate if they can't freely attack whomever.
- Add a general rule: "Vacation mode can not be abused, as it is designed for users to be able to safely go on vacation, and not to gain a sense of protection for any other reason. Any users caught using vacation mode as a loophole will have (consequence)".
- remove vacation mode.
- most people know how long they are going on vacation for. Make it so you have to input how long your account is in vacation mode for and it can not be taken out until that time passes.
- don't let vacation mode last longer than 60 days.
- have malware and baron timers reset when you go into vacation mode. File shares, adware and other virii should remain as you can't just stack these onto your own servers productively.

Of all of these, I think the last suggestion works best. Simple way to avoid the baron problem = collect before you go. Your HPD is safe when in Vac mode anyways.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 07:50:21 PM by Hatejacket » Logged
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2010, 09:04:11 AM »

Tested:

Yes, you can be attacked by rev while in vacation mode.  Thanks Ivan/Liberty Belle 1  I'll be back around for you.

Yes, your Malware and baron timers DO STOP while in vacation mode.  Your barons on other peoples servers stop as well.  Not sure if that was intended. 

Hatejacket
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2010, 12:07:30 PM »

I still think Malware/Baron timers should reset completely if you go into VAC mode.
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2010, 03:51:40 PM »

collect beforehand?

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2010, 04:08:17 PM »

Yes, I collected before I went into vacation mode.

As soon as I got out I collected again and all barons said there was less than .1 hours and I should wait.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to: