The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 23, 2024, 12:08:05 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Domains/Websites  (Read 16883 times)
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2008, 08:40:58 PM »

i heavily support this idea 1
gah noooooooooooooooooooo

newb...................... we need this! this will make it so new people can build up before they get stomped!!! and we need new kinds of servers too, or at least have some servers have different functions........ as i think has been suggested several times >.>

while i understand that coding takes time (i really do, try typing everything out for a server in HTML!!!!! that'll put kinks in your neck quicker than being a football player! (american football))
however, there are templates you can use to make life easier in that regard....... or maybe post some of the scaling rules for how quick and under what circumstances missions spawn maybe??? that way people have no excuse???? (so they stop bugging you :P)
RAWR, probably keep it until they reach a certain amount -.- i don't like this one bit..

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
HJ®
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008, 08:44:33 PM »

Say you had a "domain server" and you were making pretty decent money out of it....this way, you have a recurring income and you dont have to infect any pcs. Why is that a problem?
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2008, 08:47:51 PM »

Say you had a "domain server" and you were making pretty decent money out of it....this way, you have a recurring income and you dont have to infect any pcs. Why is that a problem?
Well what can we do with this "domain server" o_O if its just a very current main source of income other ways would be pointless  4 I'd support it if you can only do it for a certain amoutn of time when you join to help me the hpd since it's hard when you're new

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2008, 08:50:28 PM »

no, should be a constant thing, so that theres more ways for you to get income, multiple ways are a necessity!!!!! we need a new way anyway, one that has little risk, like maybe researching something for a company........ or maybe! host your own once your in top ten (so people have something to strive for)

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2008, 08:52:59 PM »

no, should be a constant thing, so that theres more ways for you to get income, multiple ways are a necessity!!!!! we need a new way anyway, one that has little risk, like maybe researching something for a company........ or maybe! host your own once your in top ten (so people have something to strive for)
Grr, maybe. But the thing is there shouldnt be no permanent income! You could at least let it be stolen by other people  16

Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2008, 08:57:56 PM »

spyware to the rescue! all the more reason to have spyware av! and have secure funding channels be part of the servers upgrade, otherwise the server is made useless to you, ri? add some cost to it as well as some money.....

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2008, 08:59:09 PM »

spyware to the rescue! all the more reason to have spyware av! and have secure funding channels be part of the servers upgrade, otherwise the server is made useless to you, ri? add some cost to it as well as some money.....
okay i support it if spyware can interecept the income as well

HJ®
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2008, 09:07:33 PM »

Spyware would have to intercept the income. The server would be the exact same as any other server. Able to do missions etc. the way i see it....it would have to be the same as any other server and each advertisement would have to be it's own process..killable and all...
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2008, 09:09:15 PM »

Spyware would have to intercept the income. The server would be the exact same as any other server. Able to do missions etc. the way i see it....it would have to be the same as any other server and each advertisement would have to be it's own process..killable and all...
ooh i like this now.

Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2008, 09:13:36 PM »

it would also provide a platform for player hosted missions, so kill lotsa birds with one stone! ya???!!!!????!!! laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh 17

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2008, 09:18:06 PM »

it would also provide a platform for player hosted missions, so kill lotsa birds with one stone! ya???!!!!????!!! laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh 17
how o.O

Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2008, 09:21:38 PM »

wouldn't be their main server, so i.p. does not have to be given for 1
2 would give a PLACE for player missions to be given from
3 would give reason for the advertisers to have their stuff there, ri? or am i just crazy????

HJ®
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2008, 09:24:57 PM »

Advertisements would have to be like...Icarus will pay you 0.50HPD per hour to let them advertise their company over the others.
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2008, 09:30:31 PM »

no, more, and your power level should also make a difference in the amount you gain, that way people will have cause to upgrade and get new software (besides pvp reasons)

another idea is that someone can sell you software, by contacting you via your website, and from there make people cooperate a little more as well..........

Nelander

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2008, 04:42:27 PM »

I also think that giving new players a safer way to make money it’s a good idea and eases the transition to the game. I would suggest an easier (I think) way to implement this.

Create new program called distributed pc v1. It consumes 100 cpu and 6000 memory to run. The program would work like an adware program that you can only run it on your own gateway and that you then can use the software menu to collect profits depending on the amount of time it has been running (say 5 hpd per hour).

To make it only a training wheel and force player to then go out to the world I would make it so you can only run one version of the program (or like adware only one of the instances gets to make a profit) and it couldn’t be researched.

At 5phd per hour a newbie can make about 120 per day which can help him getting started but later becomes more profitable to do missions. It would also give them an afk source of money which would make life easier to starting players that can only play a few hours.

Additional options would be the usage of bandwidth and make the program susceptible to spyware(just like regular adware).

The ingame explanation of the profit would be that you are renting your cpu to a distributed computing program.

Since the program would pretty much behave like the current adware program it probably would be not that difficult to implement.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to: