The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 23, 2024, 01:41:51 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Domains/Websites  (Read 16884 times)
GuitarHero
« on: July 04, 2008, 10:00:12 PM »

My suggestion would be to allow players to have 1 domain/website per server. Then, depending on your "value" (Hardware/software/Power), you can contact a number of advertising agencies who will pay you (Very minimally, 0.50 - 5.00 HPD per hour for basic specs). This would allow players to at least have a small income without having the stress/complications of trying to install virii/doing missions that can be complicating to some players at first. Obviously, having your website running will consume some CPU/Mem space, as would a virus. You won't have to install a virus on yourself to start making money, either, and you dont have to worry about being hacked by whoever you install the virus on.

An alternative idea would be a "Domain Seller" that will let you have multiple websites running at the same time. Let the HPD payment balance itself out with your power, so it is a dynamic number as opposed to a static one.

Just a thought on another idea to make some HPD for newbies and power gamers alike. Players would eventually have servers just for domains, Domain Servers, which do exist if I'm not mistaken.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 06:52:04 PM »

Heck Web/Domain Hoster?  I will buy another server just for something like this.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
GuitarHero
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 06:59:53 PM »

I think it's a great idea, as it'll help new and experienced members alike.
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 09:29:33 PM »

If i remember correctly this was from a game i tried before. ( Don't ask since it was a year or two ago and I do not remember ) But it was similar because you could search for them and sell them for cash. But i like this idea since it is hard to earn money at first. Maybe only have the people sponsor you until you reach a certain powerlevel? It might make it too complex and realistic though..

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 10:46:29 PM »

If i remember correctly this was from a game i tried before. ( Don't ask since it was a year or two ago and I do not remember ) But it was similar because you could search for them and sell them for cash. But i like this idea since it is hard to earn money at first. Maybe only have the people sponsor you until you reach a certain powerlevel? It might make it too complex and realistic though..

I remember that game.  The Admin of that game ripped me off so I told him to f**k off and haven't gone back since.  It was Cyber Wars I think.  can't remember for sure.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 04:18:33 AM »

I remember that game.  The Admin of that game ripped me off so I told him to f**k off and haven't gone back since.  It was Cyber Wars I think.  can't remember for sure.
Ohh yeah thats the name! lol i thought it was hackers net or something. But i found this so i'm happy :P. Also i joined a gang and left for like 6 months. Then when i came back i was still in and i leveled up a bunch with cash  16 5

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 06:03:54 PM »

sounds good to me, and there should be additional ways to earn hpd, missions can be completed before you get there (sucks), remote host on AV takes forever (literally!) and malware can be tedious under the 2nd to best circumstances (first being an abandoned server :P)

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 12:32:25 AM »

sounds good to me, and there should be additional ways to earn hpd, missions can be completed before you get there (sucks), remote host on AV takes forever (literally!) and malware can be tedious under the 2nd to best circumstances (first being an abandoned server :P)

Well being that Malware provides ZERO HPD income you are right it can be tedious.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 05:58:28 AM »

Well being that Malware provides ZERO HPD income you are right it can be tedious.
lol malware was implemented to be used against other players i guess  shifty

Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 09:50:00 AM »

malware encompasses every kind of program which either does harm to people, or makes them angry in some form, adware is VERY annoying..........

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 11:06:14 AM »

malware encompasses every kind of program which either does harm to people, or makes them angry in some form, adware is VERY annoying..........
Lol SPAMM =P

Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 11:28:07 AM »

yup, perfect example, only malware is the program version (sometimes)

HJ®
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 05:11:04 PM »

i heavily support this idea 1
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 08:09:22 PM »

gah noooooooooooooooooooo

Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 08:14:46 PM »

gah noooooooooooooooooooo

newb...................... we need this! this will make it so new people can build up before they get stomped!!! and we need new kinds of servers too, or at least have some servers have different functions........ as i think has been suggested several times >.>

while i understand that coding takes time (i really do, try typing everything out for a server in HTML!!!!! that'll put kinks in your neck quicker than being a football player! (american football))
however, there are templates you can use to make life easier in that regard....... or maybe post some of the scaling rules for how quick and under what circumstances missions spawn maybe??? that way people have no excuse???? (so they stop bugging you :P)

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: