The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 20, 2024, 08:49:05 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Suggestion: Remove the Software Collect Limit  (Read 2898 times)
Hatejacket
« on: September 10, 2010, 07:43:30 AM »

I don't think it really serves a purpose any longer because we can't have Adware/FS Farms anymore. Does anybody actually have this affect them in any way?
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 08:50:49 AM »

I've been emaning to mention this actually, yeah, it's stupid, i don't see what it even does  21

Hatejacket
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 09:49:26 AM »

I've been emaning to mention this actually, yeah, it's stupid, i don't see what it even does  21

Back when we had 50+ servers all with 50+ Fileshares on them each, there was a lot of collecting to be done. I can't remember what it's exact purpose was, but I'm pretty sure it was to prevent people from setting up macro programs and just setting them to collect all day long while they're out, which also kept them online...Why Auto Refreshers are allowed to this day is beyond me and I have ZERO respect for anyone that uses them...
Exousia
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 11:41:07 AM »

I don't think I've reached even the first level of limitation on this since the virii were changed to drain from the account of the server upon which they were installed back in round 2.
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 03:55:13 PM »

People used to collect just before the .1 mark because the program calculated rounded up, if I recall correctly.  So you could get extra money if you collected every .06 instead of every .1.  It rewarded the person who collected a lot.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: