The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 07:51:50 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Overload Death  (Read 3080 times)
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2010, 12:11:56 AM »

Yeah, well it's just how it works at this time.

We could do something like this for the future, that if the system is too compromised and the resources to run the programs loaded drop then each hour the system enters stability issues and programs begin to fail.

This would work in a priority basis and probability to fail, first the low priority programs like hider, unhider, firewall, passwords, etc. and ending with the virii witch will simply crash and self-destruct when the resources are gone... would make it more realistic. This will all be probability based, so you won't see instant effect once you zero a system, but if you do bring it to default values, in 24 hours most of the programs would have crashed 1

For now, you'll have to disinfect the stuff, but I've noted this and will bring it with the next updates.

Thank you,

Sir Emi

Got that from SirEmi and figured i post it bc i think its a great idea and im sure most people will think so as well
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 07:15:19 AM »

I was thinking that's not even slightly close to your grammar.
I don't really see the point, it seems to me to make overload sinto some weird logic hybrid, as if you've not done enough damage to that server anyway, and would encourage people to leave programs running so they deteriorate after malwaring hardware instead of killing them? Weird counter productive activity

It's sounds overly complicated and even more power to the malware hordes.

WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 01:46:11 PM »

Well I see how a coward like u think that. But it makes the game better. No need for the opinion of people who wont be playing anymore, This wasn't just for malware this was many so if barons and such are installed they be stopped.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 02:11:30 PM »

There's no need to flame, I haven't said anything offensive about you  14

I'm just trying to get my head around this... Would this basically stop servers that have been nuked having >100% resource use by degrading whatever is using it until its back to 100? Is that what it means?

Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 08:47:49 PM »

Ah... I think I understand it...  I had to re-read it several times...

This won't be too bad to your firewall and such, they will just get 'killed' and unloaded from memory.

Where this will have a big impact, is that it will 'self destruct' virii.

Imagine your HUGE baron install... Imagine that you just got nuked... Watch your several hundred hour install baron go bye-bye in 24 hours if you don't get your server back under 100% utilization...

This would be a good way to kill someones malware farms.

BUT... Is it going to make barons even more of a hindrance to keep up?  They can already be disinfected within 5 hours times their .1 version, but still take 54 hours per .1 to install. 

Hmmmmmm.....  I'll have to stew about this....

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: