The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 25, 2024, 10:49:47 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Data Hijack Virus  (Read 4056 times)
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2010, 05:45:15 PM »

Rarely used. Rarely talked about.

I think they could be updated in a significant way:
Remote function; Basically a file stealer (trying to think of Drago's download manager idea)

Enter in the IP and it will bring open a list of software on that server (like the gold FTP upload files show), select the software to steal and it starts a process that uses no bandwidth but resources on the host and client (different or the same i dont know) the timers could be calculated by the filesize and hijack Virus version * hours = time to complete, virus version could always have to be higher than the software version to work, could be an idea, as long as the resource cost isn't too high at high versions.

The perk of this would be the possibility to steal files from other players servers, that may have very little or no bandwidth and rare files.

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 11:07:25 AM »

A good idea. The Data Hijack could work this:

You install it on a server, and for every 0.1 bandwidth on the server you installed it, it would open up a dedicated pipe that archives the data and sends it trough faster then normal. For version 0.1 it would use 0.1 BW. For version 1.0 it would use 1.0 BW.

That occupied BW would then be used from "Software" by the vir to steal files from the target at 20x the normal download speed, due to the archive process. So a 0.1 "Data Hijack" vir would be able to covertly download files at 0.1*20 = 2 kb / sec, while a 1.0 version would download at 20 kb / sec, a download that could only be stopped by disinfecting the virus.

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 12:04:49 PM »

A good idea. The Data Hijack could work this:

You install it on a server, and for every 0.1 bandwidth on the server you installed it, it would open up a dedicated pipe that archives the data and sends it trough faster then normal. For version 0.1 it would use 0.1 BW. For version 1.0 it would use 1.0 BW.

That occupied BW would then be used from "Software" by the vir to steal files from the target at 20x the normal download speed, due to the archive process. So a 0.1 "Data Hijack" vir would be able to covertly download files at 0.1*20 = 2 kb / sec, while a 1.0 version would download at 20 kb / sec, a download that could only be stopped by disinfecting the virus.

That's very interesting. Although my point was for it to be used on servers with no bandwidth at all, it wouldn't matter as a v50 Hijack could download from a server with 0.1 bandwidth at a 100KB/s?
Would the downloading files start new processes?

Wait wait wait.... Ignore everything I just said I missed the point entirely, so, theoretically you could install a v10 Hijack on your own server, which would be installed at 10KBs, then launch the download process from software at another gateways IP, that let's say has 1kbs BW, and that would start a download of the targetted file at a final timer speed of 200KBs, regardless of the targetted servers bandwidth/resources?.
The only thing about that is, if you do have a v10 installed, how can it download at a speed that is faster than the bandwidth you had? Say if the hijack was using 100% of BW on your server, you'd be downloading at 20 times that speed = 2000% useage

Could make it so it's not possible if you do not have the spare BW to compensate? So to use a v10 download at full capacity, you'd need at least 200kbs

How does that sound?

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 04:05:29 PM »

That's very interesting. Although my point was for it to be used on servers with no bandwidth at all, it wouldn't matter as a v50 Hijack could download from a server with 0.1 bandwidth at a 100KB/s?
Would the downloading files start new processes?

Wait wait wait.... Ignore everything I just said I missed the point entirely, so, theoretically you could install a v10 Hijack on your own server, which would be installed at 10KBs, then launch the download process from software at another gateways IP, that let's say has 1kbs BW, and that would start a download of the targetted file at a final timer speed of 200KBs, regardless of the targetted servers bandwidth/resources?.
The only thing about that is, if you do have a v10 installed, how can it download at a speed that is faster than the bandwidth you had? Say if the hijack was using 100% of BW on your server, you'd be downloading at 20 times that speed = 2000% useage

Could make it so it's not possible if you do not have the spare BW to compensate? So to use a v10 download at full capacity, you'd need at least 200kbs

How does that sound?

No, you misunderstood.

I was saying you have to install the hijack virii on the target. Then, you'll use a small amount of the target bandwidth.

When you go to "Software" to activate the hijack virii, you'll be able to launch special processes that will do covert downloads on your active gateway. Those covert downloads will be different then regular downloads, it will be like a process that uses bandwidth on the gateway and makes a covert download of a file from the infected system...

I guess, as a side effect you could install some hijack virii on your own servers to download some files faster but... the virii will be there and using resources all the time too...

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 04:38:19 PM »

Surely but then how would you get the virus onto the target, if they had no BW?

Right?  21 confused2

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 07:27:17 PM »

Surely but then how would you get the virus onto the target, if they had no BW?

Right?  21 confused2

I don't know... maybe that's a task for another program  1

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 07:07:26 AM »

Remote Virus Installer?
Installs viruses direct to remote IP, disappears from local gateway once installed on target  5

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 01:19:21 PM »

Remote Virus Installer?
Installs viruses direct to remote IP, disappears from local gateway once installed on target  5

It could work. It would use a lot of resources on the gateway to send an installed virus on the target server if you have admin access.

It could function in a similar way as the remote attack. You would install a virus on the gateway then use the Remote Virus Installer to send the virus trough. The higher the version, the more time it would take. The version of the RVI and the version of the virii you try to send would affect completion time and of course the target will defend like they do from remote malware atacks.

Great idea  1

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: