The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 20, 2024, 05:37:26 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: New Software: Remote Virus Injector  (Read 22405 times)
Hatejacket
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 03:30:29 PM »

Can you add the new files to the software purchasing menu?  And also change text for IP scanner (description still says nmap scanner)

http://www.hacker-project.com/index.php?action=software&a2=purch_soft&ver=0.5

The RVI is special since it has 4 Gb on V 0.1, so you'll have to get it from Best Software dealer or from the TR Repository.

I don't see why the filesize means you can't buy a up to 0.5 version of it
Considering as soon as it goes over 0.5 it costs like a 100k...

Emi should have worded that a bit differently, probably. a 0.1 file share is 3.20 GB.

The RVI is special, not only because of it's size but rather it's capabilities at version 0.1. We need to use file shares early on, so keeping them from the software dealer due to their size is ineffective. The RVI however performs a special task and can turn that 0.1 file share into a 1.0 file share fairly easily, and it will still only take up the hardware of the 0.1. That's pretty decent, and nowadays is crucial to development. Also consider that there is little to no use for a file share virus after about version 1.0, but a v10 RVI is easily the most important file in the game.

It's okay to buy the file share from the dealer because you need it to start up your account. It's not okay to buy the RVI because it's not necessary to early development, but rather to boost it. Early on if we were to all buy RVI's, the first file shares we'd all have would be huge, and newer players would never be able to catch up to us right from the get-go. Is anyone disinfecting a v4 baron? not in this lifetime. Wait until you see the first v10 barons out there.

The RVI takes up considerably more resources than the file share as well, so it becomes a challenge to research. It'll take you quite a while to get a 0.5 RVI compared to the file share, because a 0.5 RVI is much more useful and powerful than a 0.5 file share.

Also consider that you can instantly download when you buy files from the dealer. Early on it will take quite some time to download a 4gb file, and doing so won't allow you to use your bandwidth for other files at the time being.

A good chunk of that reasoning, in my opinion, is to stunt development. It's been 2 months since the round started and I'm already in the HoF for last round power wise. When the other players find out the "importance" (I'd call it overpower) of this file they'll see the reasoning. You should already know why this file can't be purchased. I think you're just trying to get under Emi's skin.

But it doesn't change the version...It just uploads/installs it, and as you say it takes a large amount of hardware anyway which is the price in itself, let alone installing it even at a low version early in the game would be difficult... I haven't used it much, I just didn't see the logic behind it, i understand it is powerful at a highversion, but that takes silly amounts of resources anyway, which it should.

But meh no pain in downloading it really, I need to experiment with it because I don't quite get it still. The same with the data hijack...

Educate yourself.

My 1.0 RVI ran for 330 hours and changed the version of my 0.1 baron to a 2.0. I must've been tripping or something.

The longer the RVI runs, the higher the maximum version of the virus you're trying to inject. When you actually know what the software does you'll understand why it's not there.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 04:46:53 PM »

I tried it with a 0.2 malware using a 0.24 RVI, it said something like "injecting malware at version 0.64" then when i hit complete it installed a 0.2 malware, not the 0.64 version. That's why i'm confused.

Quote from logs:

admin [] Virii file installed, #120857 Improved Malware Logic Bomb V 0.2
Receiving inject file V 0.6468 on #120154 Improved Malware Logic Bomb V 0.2 from  completed.

No file version change takes place. So, lol wut?

GlitchH4xor

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 06:33:21 PM »

I tried it with a 0.2 malware using a 0.24 RVI, it said something like "injecting malware at version 0.64" then when i hit complete it installed a 0.2 malware, not the 0.64 version. That's why i'm confused.

Quote from logs:

admin [] Virii file installed, #120857 Improved Malware Logic Bomb V 0.2
Receiving inject file V 0.6468 on #120154 Improved Malware Logic Bomb V 0.2 from  completed.

No file version change takes place. So, lol wut?

- every 36 hours of run time adds 0.1 to the version of the next injection task

Next time read.

The level of tyranny that you will live under is the level of tyranny that you will tolerate.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2010, 06:41:13 PM »

The time the RVI has been running?

Okay so I use:
Remote Virus Injector    Basic Remote Virus Injector    0.2428    156.88
to inject a 0.2 malware

Err, right then
So you're saying that won't just install a 0.2 malware, it will install a higher version?

Receiving inject file V 0.6788 on #120154 Improved Malware Logic Bomb V 0.2 completed.
 Virus installation starting...
 File Improved Malware Logic Bomb V 0.2 has been installed!

Oh look  14

« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 06:28:48 AM by ãłþħά-∆9 » Logged

Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2010, 08:00:57 PM »

The time the RVI has been running?

Okay so I use:
Remote Virus Injector    Basic Remote Virus Injector    0.2428    156.88
to inject a 0.2 malware

Err, right then
So you're saying that won't just install a 0.2 malware, it will install a higher version?

And there's no need to be offensive because somebody doesn't quite understand something, lead by example.

Acutally I think he did lead by example....He read it...so he told you to read it. Education received. Me i didn't read it and probably wont so i'll just mess it up when i go to use it but that's ok.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2010, 06:28:58 AM »

Edited my post. See.

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2011, 09:19:48 AM »

I think this software needs to be changed so it uses 0 bandwidth not 0.1

Not enough bandwidth on target server! Need 0.1 kbs.

Also ive noticed sometimes it wont take the rigth cost of the program inject (Such as sendign a large file it will show its using like 250mhz CPU) then will after a while cost as much hardware as the file youre injecting, if you get me. It needs some debugging?

Annoying beause i think an inject is costing nothing then come back later to loads of processes crashing =/
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 05:18:56 PM by ãłþħά-∆9 » Logged

norill

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2011, 10:43:05 AM »

i agree that it should use 0 BW.

norill

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2011, 12:56:29 PM »

or better, make it so you can start inject no matter if the target has available resources or not. thats what server overloading is made for, right?

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2011, 01:23:32 PM »

Well not really, because the process would just crash so it'd be just as pointless.

I'm pretty sure it using 0.1 bandwidth is actually an error, if you inject malware they each use 0.1 bandwidth too. Bugs bunny.

norill

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2011, 11:20:23 AM »

- there is a chance for crash each hour, and the more overloaded the system, the greater the chance
- only programs and task using 1 cpu/mem/band can crash. Those using 0-0.9 will not be affected. If a server is overloaded at 110% CPU, only the programs that use 1 or more CPU can be affected. Same for mem and band.
that means injecting non-viruses wont crash, because it uses 0.1 BW. but injecting viruses will crash eventually unless you manage to complete the process earlier

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2011, 12:07:26 PM »

What i dont like is adding the extra hardware to stop the crash, then it crashing anyway. And yes it has happened.

norill

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2011, 07:20:20 PM »

we are going off topic, but i think you should be able to kill crash process once extra hardware is added

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2011, 08:24:51 AM »

we are going off topic, but i think you should be able to kill crash process once extra hardware is added

I agree. It should be "locked" until the hardware overload has stopped, then cancellable, or it'll die after the "checks" anyway

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: