The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 25, 2024, 11:55:39 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Remote Attack Disruptor (RAD)  (Read 4081 times)
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2010, 01:58:49 PM »

We've touched on this subject before, but it has no formal suggestion for it...

I think it needs buffing badly, nobody can use it in time, so i was thinking maybe make it faster/cheaper to use or change it/add a new software that defends against malware attacks, as they cna reduce months worth of work in an hour, especially with a coordinated attack.
I mentioned it before and I think it's a good idea;

Counter-Malware Virus
Install it on local host, if version level is higher than attacking malware, incoming malware attack process is blocked

What do you guys think? 
It encourages people to actually get high version malware, which is hardware intensive. People at the moment use 0.5 vesions can they can simply buy them, gold ftp duplicate and install. Another way would be to nerf malware slightly so the hardware cost of malware is relative to the attack power used... But i like my Counter idea  12
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 02:00:40 PM by ãłþħά-∆9 » Logged

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 04:32:19 PM »

hmm, interesting... yeah the RDA could use an upgrade...

Maybe some preemptive, like starting some RDA processes that would use resources and guard the gateway against attacks while you're away. Each process will try and break attacks until it eventually fails if the attacks get too overwhelming...

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 04:53:55 PM »

But they could just log in and cancel them, or would that not be possible?

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 05:14:12 PM »

hmm, interesting... yeah the RDA could use an upgrade...

Maybe some preemptive, like starting some RDA processes that would use resources and guard the gateway against attacks while you're away. Each process will try and break attacks until it eventually fails if the attacks get too overwhelming...

if installed(if i get this right) these take the hit from the malware and breaks down before your server right, kind of like a protective film.

right?

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 05:37:02 PM »

if installed(if i get this right) these take the hit from the malware and breaks down before your server right, kind of like a protective film.

right?

Yeah something like that, if you have some un-used resources, you launch a couple of RDA tasks and those would protect your server and break during attacks, possibly halving some of the incoming virii runtime attack power...

ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 06:24:30 PM »

Good idea, each 0.1 version could simply negate a relative amount of attack power, I like it, alot.

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 06:21:03 PM »

Yeah something like that, if you have some un-used resources, you launch a couple of RDA tasks and those would protect your server and break during attacks, possibly halving some of the incoming virii runtime attack power...

will the process end or degrade to 0.0?

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 07:32:27 PM »

I like this idea a lot.

How about something like each .1 of the RDA can stop ten hours of .1 attack. 

Each blocked result reduces the RDA by that much.  Thus a 5.0 could block 500 hours of .1 (remember 15 attacks * 50 hours attacks is just one wave, so the 5.0 wouldn't even stop a full wave).  I used to send off 3 waves of 15 at a time against a single target, and at times was able to repeat that 3 or 4 times before I got caught...

Now, the REV virus should only be blocked by 1/10 of that amount....  50 hours of .1 versus the 500 hours of .1

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: