The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 25, 2024, 02:13:25 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Group Server  (Read 4884 times)
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2010, 09:34:03 PM »

I think if u pay for one, u should keep it even threw a reset. Simply because u don't use for anything really beside to hold software. or maybe malware farm.  i say u just rest the hardware but keep the actual group server...
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 11:06:10 PM »

You can use it for a lot of other things... proxy, attack server, etc.

I think we could lower the purchase costs a bit, what do you think, maybe start at 500k HPD?

WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 04:25:47 AM »

would be nice simply because its way to expensive to purchase for the first month or 2 of the game
Hatejacket
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 09:05:03 AM »

I think we could lower the purchase costs a bit, what do you think, maybe start at 500k HPD?

+1
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 09:10:31 AM »

Emi,

I would suggest dropping the cost of the server itself to something along the lines of 50k starting out.  But increase the cost of the hardware upgrades by 10x.

This would allow any of the smaller groups to get a hold of a group server, but the upgrades would be what takes the big chunk of dough...

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 10:49:50 AM »

Emi,

I would suggest dropping the cost of the server itself to something along the lines of 50k starting out.  But increase the cost of the hardware upgrades by 10x.

This would allow any of the smaller groups to get a hold of a group server, but the upgrades would be what takes the big chunk of dough...

++1 5

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Exousia
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 12:31:51 AM »

It might level the playing field a little if we at least set the hardware purchase rate independent of the leader's gold status. Right now, it is advantageous to have a gold player as a group leader because it's cheaper to purchase the group server's hardware.

This would also make it easier to implement a vice-leader and/or the coup d'état.

I don't know about ten times the cost for upgrades, but if group servers are more expensive to purchase, the hardware cost should be increase proportionally, perhaps 2x to 5x, or somewhere in there.
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 12:39:14 AM »

Throwing this back up here, Hopin Exo might stick any Suggestion that SirEmi Approves and is working on, so Everyone can keep track of whats being  done and worked on.
Exousia
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 12:41:58 AM »

I need to take some time to go through the suggestion section and clean it up. My hours are down a bit this week, so I'm hopeful that I will get a lot of things done that have been sitting around glaring at me from my to-do list.
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 12:47:27 AM »

cool, theirs a lot of good ideas here just like to keep the one Emi working on at the top, and then work our way crossing them off and putting new ones up, and making sure that the one that have been said get on that list and Updated into the game over time. So we dont lose any in this mass suggestion box lol
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 05:10:01 PM »

It might level the playing field a little if we at least set the hardware purchase rate independent of the leader's gold status. Right now, it is advantageous to have a gold player as a group leader because it's cheaper to purchase the group server's hardware.

This would also make it easier to implement a vice-leader and/or the coup d'état.

I don't know about ten times the cost for upgrades, but if group servers are more expensive to purchase, the hardware cost should be increase proportionally, perhaps 2x to 5x, or somewhere in there.
gold groups possibly?

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: