The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 26, 2024, 02:13:18 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Group Research  (Read 3227 times)
Hatejacket
« on: October 17, 2010, 09:12:53 AM »

Let's say ANYONE can research files to the group server, when you click research it would look like this:

Owned Servers     

Servers 0-20 | First | Previous | Next | 50 100

Action    IP    Name
Research
 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Group Servers     

Servers 0-20 | First | Previous | Next | 50 100

Action     IP     Name
Research
 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

And that would allow anyone in your group to start research tasks on your group server, if you have one available. Your abilities and everything of course still take effect, so it would make a huge difference who starts what research task. The research would be taken out of your group funds, therefore anyone could pay for it/finish it, and take the AP loss. There would be no bonus for the Hardware dealer connections ability.

On the other hand, anyone could kill your research, at which point not only would you lose your research, your entire group would.

This would get rid of the confusion of having two members researching the same file accidently which is a huge nuisance to the game. Also it brings in a serious factor of group and PvP play.

Personally I love this idea. What do you guys think?
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 03:44:54 PM »

Don't really see the point in ANYONE being able to research, surely if you choose to research with the group server it would be a mutual thing.... although actually if everyone in the group could do research, they could also donate to get the server upgraded for their research tasks (although only leader can upgrade hardware so =/)

Otherwise i dont really see the point, unless maybe anyone in the group can click TASK COMPLETE and it will take the funds/AP out of the player who completed the tasks account....but it should come out of the group funds really....

I dunno man, sketchy at best. But being able to research on your group server in general, i dont see why not

Hatejacket
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 11:56:57 PM »

Don't really see the point in ANYONE being able to research, surely if you choose to research with the group server it would be a mutual thing.... although actually if everyone in the group could do research, they could also donate to get the server upgraded for their research tasks (although only leader can upgrade hardware so =/)

Otherwise i dont really see the point, unless maybe anyone in the group can click TASK COMPLETE and it will take the funds/AP out of the player who completed the tasks account....but it should come out of the group funds really....

I dunno man, sketchy at best. But being able to research on your group server in general, i dont see why not

Sounds like a good compromise
N3hpy50X3

Deal With It. Don't Get

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 06:55:48 PM »

make this happen and it sounds like a good idea

but I'm thinking that bc it's Group Research
*then all members ability towards Research Wizard (ability) should be counted towards the research (point of having a Group is the work together part, right?)
*and all research is paid from the Group Account

...I dunno about AP tho - how about, make it so that there is an AP pool that every member can donate to but it can only be used for Group things and connat be taken/given back by any player (just like Group Finances)

and, we should be able to add boost to the research...like overloaded processes or something, but instead if all the members have the resources to beable to handle the research, then ...(this bit here gonna be hard to explain...) so say Group Leader want to start Group Research, then the process will begin as normal but won't start[1], and if the entire group want to boost it (it will show up on they Research panel) then they can open a process and host another instance ofor it on they own server...and if all members...

okay, let's take off from [1]:
say, it is begin as a process, but not started research any moment (so the clock hasn't started ticking)
just like when it's complete it will have green button saying task complete
but instead will say something like this task begin/start/ready
so that gives time for other Group Members to join and contribute the research
and what will happen when the Group Members add to the research is they will have process on they server (cannot be killed...only GS process, which kills all associated processes...but can be traced using Process Tracer)
and the...

this is what will look like:
research file #4133 (100h*7) | Firewall Protect V 0.1 [localhost], 59m 56s

so that, maybe you will notice, there is 100h*7 ...so that means that there is 6 other members contributing (plus 1 for the running instance on the GS)

if there are multiple tasks on the GS, then for every task on GS, must also create on all other Group Members server who want to contribute (so not only have to upgrade GS, also every Group Members servers as well)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 06:58:55 PM by N3hpy50X3 » Logged

.,..,....,,....,.,,...,,.,,.,.,,.,,.,..,.,,.,,,..,,..,,,..,......,,.,..,.,,,..,,..,......,,....,..,......,,.,,.,.,,..,.,.,,.,,,..,,,.,...,,....,.,,.,,....,......,,..,,,.,,....,.,,.,,.,.,,..,.,.,.,,,.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: