The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 25, 2024, 05:32:32 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Poll
Question: do you think missions that give you new hard/soft ware should be made?
yes - 6 (66.7%)
no - 2 (22.2%)
lemme think >.< - 1 (11.1%)
well see....... - 0 (0%)
why are you asking me? - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: new missions  (Read 4535 times)
Noseedam

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2008, 08:55:35 PM »

post what you think about maybe having missions that give hardware/software too you as well as hpd missions, personally i think this would be a good idea, and relatively easy to code in comparison to other suggestions (no blaming it on that..........)

i have already had at least one person support this, as it makes a bit of sense, what you call them is of little concern to me, but these missions would be really useful, especially to those who want to research instead of just spend money on upgrading >.<

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 09:00:20 PM »

post what you think about maybe having missions that give hardware/software too you as well as hpd missions, personally i think this would be a good idea, and relatively easy to code in comparison to other suggestions (no blaming it on that..........)

i have already had at least one person support this, as it makes a bit of sense, what you call them is of little concern to me, but these missions would be really useful, especially to those who want to research instead of just spend money on upgrading >.<
YESSS haha, but probably make these missions very rare meaning 1/250 missions. And i support this. Only if it doesn't become too common or overpowered. And as long as it doesn't give out very high end software

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 09:00:55 PM »

From the actual diversity point of view, i support.

I rememebr another thread out there which stated that the missions are a bit bland... (i.e, same thing over and over again)
Story line was mentioned too, but that's on the back burner.  16

Now, for my mandatory niggly side:

What is the purpose? Surely money = hardware and research anyway? Or are we going to make these missions more efficent as it were?

I.e, if it was for money, it would have an hpd value of say... 1400? and the hardware mission of same difficulty would give you 500 Mhz?

if above mentioned is the case, how would gold member's be affected?

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 09:09:58 PM »

gold members should not be given anything additional, this is just a new kind of mission, thats all

however to address the money=hardware side of it, yes the degree of difficulty would also be a factor in it worth, it makes sense, and i also support what bobby said, they shouldn't be as common, however at the same time, they can't be that rare or people will always jump then gun >.< and it wouldn't be any fun to other players, so make it so you really have to look around for them (another reason i wanted the bulletin board to be forum based instead of how it is.........)

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 09:15:35 PM »

gold members should not be given anything additional, this is just a new kind of mission, thats all

however to address the money=hardware side of it, yes the degree of difficulty would also be a factor in it worth, it makes sense, and i also support what bobby said, they shouldn't be as common, however at the same time, they can't be that rare or people will always jump then gun >.< and it wouldn't be any fun to other players, so make it so you really have to look around for them (another reason i wanted the bulletin board to be forum based instead of how it is.........)
should be rare, but if this is implanted the "search for mission" option should not be implemented.

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 09:16:38 PM »

it could just be excluded from it then, would be easier to program that way!

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 09:17:17 PM »

it could just be excluded from it then, would be easier to program that way!
lol meh dunno

sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 09:17:37 PM »

no the point is if you make it missions = hardware then gold members are already at a disadvantage (har de har har...)

Rephrased:

Gold member's lose out.

I.e, In the aforementioned scenario of 1400 hpd difficulty missions giving 100 Mhz, they would lose out by 200 hpd, for example.

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 09:20:07 PM »

make sense to me anyway.......... but i'd like to see domains happen before this, i think that this is less important, the website/domains would make this game unique and also much better in my opinion!

and don't gripe about gold members, they already have better down/uploads! and also secure ones too *pouts*

and they don't lose out! they're same as all of us, the effects of the upgrade might be boosted tho, would be another perk (of the already many........) f the gold members

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: