The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 19, 2024, 06:53:55 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: just some random ideas...  (Read 7523 times)
OpCode90

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2011, 12:02:20 PM »

ive been trying to think of ways to get more ppl playing and i have a few ideas.
might i suggest the cost of hardware/pay out of missions being dictated by the users power level
or something similar. also maybe consider decreasing the pay out if doing more than x amout of missions
this would discourage users from hogging all the missions on a server.
maybe at the least decrease the pay out of each mission at some random rate per extra mission?
also limiting the amout of FS/ spam deamons a user can have installed on remote servers.
increase their pay outs respectively but limit the number so that one user cannot install .59 FS and .7 spam deamons
on almost every server they crack. these files take ages to disinfect (75-94 hours) and the pay out u recieve after doing that doesnt compensate the user for the work they put into it.
i know raising ur skill level in running a-v's reduces this time but the amout of work it takes to level these skills up
is way to dificult for newer players.. maybe just reducing costs of upgrading these skills would compensate addequetly
im not sure if these idea have been proposed but maybe they will be took into consideration
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 12:05:24 PM by OpCode90 » Logged
deamos

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 01:17:20 PM »

and a question arises for the FS Daemon  idea.     does a real hacker not have the option to load as many Virii to as many servers as he can
OpCode90

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 02:14:24 PM »

yea but they also have millions and millions of servers to infect. we have some what limited resources. so for the same reason as limiting the barons that can be installed by one user it would prevent vets and advanced users from monopolizing server infection.

im just tossing out a few ideas, of ways i see that could keep any 1 player from gaining an advantage over the rest of the players.
and possibly making the game a lil more user friendly so that we could get more users.

more users = more possible donations
more donations = more updates / better features
and more updates/more players/more donations/means more competitors
Exousia
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 02:24:16 PM »

Interesting, but most vets move on to Baron servers, which they build themselves and stop infecting the Secret Servers.

Currently, players over 1 million power cannot do Public Server missions and virii installed on Public Servers are limited to v0.2.

However, Secret Servers do not have the hardware to install more than a v0.3 FileShare and the quantity of Secret Servers is limited to 20 per faction, or something like that. As our player population grows, our already impacted NPC servers will become unusable to anyone.

Perhaps we simply need more Secret Servers, or to increase the hardware available, perhaps on a per capita basis. Do a monthly or weekly census of the active players and adjust the available Secret Servers accordingly. Perhaps even another 'type' of server would be created once players reach a certain power level, a 'uber server' of some sort with even greater hardware where 1.0 FileShares could be installed or even Barons.
OpCode90

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 03:07:55 PM »

see thats kinda the idea i was thinking too exo. ( somewhere along that line anyways ).
that and as u said when the next round starts ppl are gonna hog all the missions.
so i'ld say what if they deduct from each mission after the first one if a player is accepting multiple missions on 1 server.
that would encourage players to do 1 mission from each server instead of clearing out an entire server of missions. giving the other players a slightly higher chance of accepting a mission thats not already 3/4ths done by another person.
or simple make the mission unavalible for so long after its accepted and replace it with a mission of equal or greater value
and if the player doesnt finish it after so long return it back to the server as avaliable.

**added : this would encourage newbies and vets alike to hunt for more servers.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 03:11:08 PM by OpCode90 » Logged
ivandrago
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 04:37:38 PM »

offtopic: your latest idea of installing virii on active players' gateway is not a good one
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 04:41:35 PM by ivandrago » Logged
OpCode90

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 04:49:34 PM »

what are u talking bout ivan?
ivandrago
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 05:00:26 PM »

Are you going to destroy it or not ?
OpCode90

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 05:02:03 PM »

yea it destroyed bro  17
ivandrago
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 05:03:14 PM »

Ok good 1
And run a password protection  shifty
OpCode90

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 05:04:42 PM »

13 didnt take u long to get me did it bro
Exousia
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 07:54:07 PM »

You tried to install a virus on one of Ivan's servers?  laugh
OpCode90

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2011, 08:40:48 PM »

i didnt try.  i did lol he caught me pretty quick. thanks for not destroying me ivan. good hack bro u won lmfao
norill

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2011, 11:28:05 AM »

However, Secret Servers do not have the hardware to install more than a v0.3 FileShare and the quantity of Secret Servers is limited to 20 per faction, or something like that.
there are 200 secret servers.  all you need is to do some searching and you will find loads of untouched servers waiting for your fileshares

GlitchH4xor

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2011, 12:34:39 PM »

I think we should start out with 20 secret servers and add 4 per day with increasing hardware and protects. If this started at the start of this round we would be up to 928 secret servers and that would be enough for everyone and then some.

I also would like for the secret servers to have static ips again so that installing virii on them actually is more worthwhile and so that it is easier to do missions on for newbies so they do have to recrack them every 2 months.

Personally I think the game is too balanced and this hurts newbies more than it helps.

The level of tyranny that you will live under is the level of tyranny that you will tolerate.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: