The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 12:16:24 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Possible New Virri? BotNet?  (Read 5246 times)
OpCode90

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2011, 02:09:39 PM »

definition:
 1.A network of private computers infected with malicious software and controlled as a group without the owners' knowledge.
 2.A collection of zombies that are controlled by the same cracker; a collection of compromised computers that is slowly built up then   unleashed as a DDOS attack or used to send very large quantities of spam.

a botnet could be a very small virri installed on large numbers of servers to generate money through spamming or used to unleash a massive attack on another server. but instead of damaging hardware it could knock there server out for a short period depending on the lvl of the virri used and the number of slaves used to attack them with.

just an idea of another virri ild love to see in an upcoming round.
imagine hitting an enemy server with 300 + slaves at a v5 level and rendering their server unusable for 6 to 12 hours.
1 freezing software timers and such
norill

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 03:49:54 PM »

sounds like slavehack. and slavehack is a bad game to copy from.
you have MOBs for DDoSing, spam deamons are already in, only good part is that server disabling thing, but i would just make a new malware bomb for that
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 07:15:06 PM by norill » Logged

OpCode90

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 07:29:17 PM »

ive never played slavehack, but still a botnet is the most powerful virus (as far as attacking a victim ). i myself have programed a few lol and believe me ive seen plenty of servers bend and break after a 20 min attack with a few thousand zombies
OpCode90

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 07:49:14 PM »

ok sir emi i was talking to wolf and we decided if u where to use this idea it would need to be limited.
so i have idea on how to limit the software:
split it into 2 different softwares:
The Client ( to control the servers / and so the users software screen isnt cluttered with servers for each infected IP )
the client would control the virri options ( collection from spamming & remotely attack another users server )
&
The Server (enough said this would be the file installed on the servers the user would be slaving )
now to limit the software:
i would set a max number of servers that the client could control per .1 of level of the client
( example : a v0.1 BotNet Client could control a maximum of 10 zombies or a little higher if u choose.)
make the attack time based like the other softwares and for the timing have the Client average the time each server has been installed and running all together in to a single time and this could dictate the amount of damage done by the attack or the amount of HPD generated by spamming. the servers research level would merly be used for disinfection perposes on the zombie servers
GlitchH4xor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 09:49:49 PM »

sounds like slavehack. and slavehack is a bad game to copy from.

QFT.

The level of tyranny that you will live under is the level of tyranny that you will tolerate.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 01:30:31 AM »

Certainly an interesting idea but yeah we should split the functions in different software types.

Also some functions are already in, so we'll see what's new and go from there. If you got any more ideas, put them in here.

Also, what's the counter measure for this botNet DDOS attack? There needs to be some defensive system against it like a DDOS defender sort of like firewall but with a chance to deflect the incoming attack...

Thank you  1
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 01:53:57 AM by siremi » Logged

OpCode90

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 10:21:41 AM »

yes sire mr emi. i would suggest something similar to the /root/OS/os.sock that the user could install on their server. as most servers use a Root File To Deflect incoming proxy connections. though i would limit that to only defending agianst the ddos attack so that it did not mess with the bouncing through ips technique. but i would also limit that software to where if its lvl doesnt match the users botnet client then it mearly weakens the attack and doesnt stop it completly but if their version was equal to the version attacking add a 50/50 chance of sending back at the attacker and increase this percent if the version is higher.. this would balance the attack /2/ defense ratio and make ppl do their homework before attacking just anyone they would need to crack admin and examine/remove their root file. i would also make a a-v for it so the user could remove the infected server virri from their Personal Server.
so this would add 4 new softwares to the game. and add an interesting twist on attacking and defending because if u didnt research ur defense you could be taken offline for a few hours.
ps. if rendering their server offline isnt a good idea maybe just a temp. loss of certain functions . ex: not being able to kill tasks for a few hours on a particular server. as most players work up to more than one server they could simply switch to a different server and attack the user attempting to install or delete. and stop the proccesses on the attackers server instead.

this would balance the software very much so and add an interesting twist to the HP we all love already
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 10:32:13 AM by OpCode90 » Logged
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 09:54:42 PM »

Thank you OpCode90, I've noted it and will see what comes out 1

OpCode90

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 01:00:27 AM »

your very welcome sir, was mearly an idea and i kinda liked the way it sounded. talked to wolf about it and he thought it might be a decent idea. but ild just like to thank you for taking time out to read my post.. thank you sir
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: