The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 05:51:39 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Secondary Accounts  (Read 6454 times)
Tiak

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2008, 04:47:18 AM »

Basically right now, everyone on every PC in the world is running as admin, this seems somewhat strange to me, so I propose secondary account system, for logins other than admin, could be added to allow people to share limited account access with friends/allies.
-For secondary accounts to exist at all, the owner of the server would have to add an account name to one of their servers.  Once it was added, the listed player could log in as that account.  This would allow people a more convenient means to give friends access to their stuff.
-Secondary accounts would have lesser permissions to admin accounts, they would not be able to view/edit logs at all, they would not be able to kill any process started by the admin account, and they would not be able to delete any admin files.  You would still not be able to bounce through a server without admin access.
-On the other hand, secondary accounts would not leave logs themselves, would be free to download/upload whatever, and can kill/delete things started by any secondary account.
-Secondary accounts could be cracked, but only if the name an account holder was known.  In that case, this cracking would take 1/4 the time required for a normal account.  The bypasser/breaker requirements would not be lessened.
-An account (with the name in the server description) could be added to the starting truelights to make things easier on new players (quick crack times getting started, and no logs to give them a bit of safety.
-Cracking admin when one already possesses lesser account access and is logged in as such would also take only a portion of the time normally required, and would not require bypassing the firewall, but would leave a log when it was started and would have a running process on the server being attacked.

Good/Horrible?
 Rate--comment
XRay

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 05:01:34 AM »

I like this idea. 1

Just don't make them invisible in logs. A guest account's actions should be logged like all others. If this is implemented, it would also be cool to allow/disallow some actions (log viewing, uploads, downloads, etc.).
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 05:38:06 AM »

I like it except for the part where it doesn't leave logs..  2

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
Kingdutch

Crazyness :D

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 12:53:02 PM »

I like this idea. 1

Just don't make them invisible in logs. A guest account's actions should be logged like all others. If this is implemented, it would also be cool to allow/disallow some actions (log viewing, uploads, downloads, etc.).

Ai, I think disallow ability on uploading virii should be possible too. Since that'd be quite a backstab otherwise  confused2

Skippyballs would do well in this game.
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 12:53:16 PM »

bouncing bro >.> bouncing

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 03:57:03 PM »

If this prevents bouncing, ability to run software, etc then yeah it would work.  You could also just create a Private FTP as well.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 03:58:27 PM »

or use a server with no in/out connections

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
TheLeaderOfTheHOD

Hackers. United through darkness and deception.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 04:00:53 PM »

I believe this is a great idea except that instead of them not leaving log or leaving logs, how about a compromise? How about that the secondary account has logs all they're own? They could also have access to certain files only and would require authorization from an admin to upload a file.
N3hpy50X3

Deal With It. Don't Get

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 08:31:54 PM »

just make your files public instead

if you want to make them accessible by only just a select few hackers, then just make them public for a short amount of times so that they can initiate the downloads and then make them private again

there shouldn't be any logs from there left if they are public then when they download it from there
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 01:56:16 PM by N3hpy50X3 » Logged

.,..,....,,....,.,,...,,.,,.,.,,.,,.,..,.,,.,,,..,,..,,,..,......,,.,..,.,,,..,,..,......,,....,..,......,,.,,.,.,,..,.,.,,.,,,..,,,.,...,,....,.,,.,,....,......,,..,,,.,,....,.,,.,,.,.,,..,.,.,.,,,.
TheLeaderOfTheHOD

Hackers. United through darkness and deception.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 05:58:43 PM »

Someone could happen upon the software while its public. I happen upon public files all the time.
N3hpy50X3

Deal With It. Don't Get

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 02:55:31 PM »

I can hack you and make all of your files set to Public if you like :P

.,..,....,,....,.,,...,,.,,.,.,,.,,.,..,.,,.,,,..,,..,,,..,......,,.,..,.,,,..,,..,......,,....,..,......,,.,,.,.,,..,.,.,,.,,,..,,,.,...,,....,.,,.,,....,......,,..,,,.,,....,.,,.,,.,.,,..,.,.,.,,,.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: