The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 01:20:26 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Major Suggestion: Bring Money Making Farms Back (Please Comment!)  (Read 8238 times)
Hatejacket
« on: July 05, 2011, 04:42:00 PM »

If I recall correctly, the main reason why we stopped allowing adware and file shares to be installed on your own private servers was because it was essentially impossible to stop them. That is no longer the case. With overloading and much faster disinfect times, it is now feasible to destroy a money making farm.

The problem facing most newer players today is that they can't keep up with the guys on top, so we have a power creep. The rich get richer while the poor stay poor. 4 people can totally dominate the game's secret servers and new players can't afford to build barons right away.

If you're stuck with no option of installing file shares, the big expensive missions are being taken by higher players and you can't afford a baron, you're essentially screwed. This is a good part of why we are seeing many new registrations every day (over 30 today alone which is an increase on when the game was at it's most popular, if I recall correctly) but players aren't sticking around. It's too hard for them to catch up to us, and we only make it harder with every day we get bigger.

Players need to be able to install adware and file shares on their own servers again. Have it take money from the factions and have your standing go down when you collect, just like barons do now. Put a limit on how many you can put on a server, the same maximum as we have now for barons. I'd suggest 5 adwares per server, 3 file shares, 30 max for gold and 15 max for non gold for both. Those are just random numbers, but I think they would work. There would then be a reason to research Adwares and File shares again.

As previously stated, with lower disinfects and overloads, it's entirely possible to blow up a virus farm, so I don't see a reason why this shouldn't be implemented. Let me know what you guys think. And please comment on this one, Emi.
Trael

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 04:54:22 PM »

I totally agree with that idea as I said in small conversation we had before about it.
Besides all you stated, There are capture and other options which people can use to destroy other people's farms.
Allowing it back, even one who started today could build his own farm server and take down[or at least be able to try] the high ranks.

Maybe if you inputted the limit, I can add something.
When you buy new server, you can choose whether it'll be repository or farm.Repository server will have very small limit of viruses which can be installed. Farming one will be unlimited, but on the other hand, farming servers will be a good pvp mission priority, and the more viruses you have installed there, the higher the chance that some1 will get IP of your farming server.
Hatejacket
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 04:55:38 PM »

I don't like the idea of splitting servers like that, to be quite honest it could get out of hand very quickly for someone like me. I'd have 300 file shares installed on one within a day or so, heh
Trael

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 04:58:05 PM »

Maybe doubling, or even tripling the speed you disinfect viruses from farm one?
Maybe putting a bit limit, but a one which will still be better and worth than the normal server?

Making it impossible to run FW and PW protection?
Idk, something can be done even to nail your abilities?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 04:59:46 PM by Trael » Logged
Hatejacket
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 05:16:18 PM »

A limit on how many we can install per server is simply a better idea lol. What's the issue you see? When you have your servers filled up, self-destruct one and research and install a bigger one.
Trael

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 06:05:37 PM »

'Cause new server costs 20k HPD.
And I don't have even 5 file shares out there, so I don't run money like changing socks, all the money i get is from missions, which takes hours upon hours.
Personally I would prefer to take higher chance that my farm will be destroyed than a limit.
Hatejacket
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 06:19:10 PM »

'Cause new server costs 20k HPD.
And I don't have even 5 file shares out there, so I don't run money like changing socks, all the money i get is from missions, which takes hours upon hours.
Personally I would prefer to take higher chance that my farm will be destroyed than a limit.

Sorry but that makes no sense. A new server costs 20,000 HPD, so you want to be able to create different types of servers? They'd still cost the same amount, if not more.

You could install your 5 adwares and 3 file shares on your main server and that would be enough to hold you off until you bought a new one, etc.

Don't forget to vote every day. Complete 10 follow the trail missions, you should be able to get those done in under an hour and that is 20,000 HPD alone.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 06:20:41 PM by Hatejacket » Logged
GlitchH4xor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 09:17:21 PM »

I do not think there should be a limit because a couple malware attacks and you would be done for.

The level of tyranny that you will live under is the level of tyranny that you will tolerate.
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 10:07:01 PM »

Let's do it emi see how it goes this round then see if we want to keep the change
Trael

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 08:19:44 AM »

I do not think there should be a limit because a couple malware attacks and you would be done for.
Let's do it emi see how it goes this round then see if we want to keep the change

+1
Hatejacket
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 08:59:14 AM »

Maybe not a limit per server, but I think there should be a limit for how many you can hold maximum.

Either that or make File Share and Adware virii self-destruct very quickly on an overload.
Trael

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 10:00:32 AM »

Well, either way, we pretty much pointed it up that farm servers can be destroyed very well and quickly, so I think that making it possible to install them on your servers should be back.

Emi?
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 10:15:00 PM »

Well, the main issue we had with virii farms was it generated a huge amount of HPD while unlimited virii could be installed.

So if we have unlimited virii farms, at some point the virii income becomes greater then mission income. That's where it gets too easy and you lose interest.

So, if we do this right, each server would leech HPD from a mega-corporation. We can just set a maximum money making virii that you can install on a server owned by yourself.

- 10x non / 20x for Gold HPD leech virii installed on owned servers only. If you install on other players, it would still leech from their HPD.

So basically, if you install on yourself and is a HPD making vir, you get a limit on how many you can install on your own server.

Then when you collect, those virii that are installed on your own server act just like a Robber Baron and get HPD from the targeted corp.

Hatejacket
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 10:18:38 PM »

Do this, and we will see an increase in active players. I guarantee it.

And then maybe we can be friends again  12
norill

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2011, 01:40:18 PM »

i like this idea too. and i think there is another solution to the problem with top players controlling all secret servers - to make FS more AP consuming. noobs always have AP, and top players would need a lot of it to claim all secret servers

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: