The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 01, 2024, 05:45:35 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: In-game volunteer Guides  (Read 5702 times)
Exousia
« on: July 06, 2011, 04:52:10 PM »

Since it is becoming increasingly apparent that newer players lack support, I suggest that we either assign or allow veterans to volunteer to receive in-game help requests. It would be simply a matter of adding a brightly colored button which newer players would see and be able to click to send a message to all available guides, once the message is answered, the message and who replied would be visible so that other guides might see that it is resolved or that the guide at the time required more information. This might be a bit of an update, but it would go a long way to help keep noobs around as it is a feature found in other games.
Trael

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 04:55:55 PM »

I got better idea.
Why no just add missions which support newbies until certain lvl?
It'll give them more motivation to play, as they're being supplied by new soft and hard, and the elder players will get "volunteer" or "guardian" points.
Exousia
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 05:08:58 PM »

That's also been suggested several times, but I like the way you're thinking.  laugh
Trael

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 05:25:15 PM »

Well, I haven't been here around since the 1st round ended, and about upto 2 weeks ago.
So...
Exousia
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 05:29:46 PM »

It's cool, I just mean you're thinking on the right lines.  5
Trael

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 05:44:47 PM »

Would you update me a bit?
Why it's still not been released?
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 05:58:19 PM »

the newbie mission is around  16 Sorry, scan mission and all mission a on Main faction servers arent possible to do after 1 million power
Exousia
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 07:04:39 PM »

That's all well and good, but we're talking about coaching people through it the first couple times, the interface isn't completely self-explanatory and it would be vanity to claim otherwise as no interface is.
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 07:28:43 PM »

I got better idea.
It'll give them more motivation to play, as they're being supplied by new soft and hard, and the elder players will get "volunteer" or "guardian" points.

talking to trael
Trael

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 08:29:47 AM »

I got better idea.

talking to trael

Newbie missions are good, but when you start you got no idea what is newbie missions and what's not.
Besides, if you put missions which assist both, the newbies and elders, you'll have cooperation, so you can "build" yourself possible targets in future when they could face you.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 09:52:13 AM »

What I'm working to implement is:

- newbie tutorial group missions via the group "Hacker Project Academy" that all players will start in.
- and the Group missions, specific tasks with specific rewards for the group members.

But your suggestion is also good, maybe you could activate an option to be a mentor. That would enable you to post / see the HP Academy board and answer newbie questions...

Exousia
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2011, 01:19:07 PM »

That sounds pretty good, and probably more workable within the context of Hacker Project.  13
norill

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2011, 01:43:50 PM »

Since it is becoming increasingly apparent that newer players lack support, I suggest that we either assign or allow veterans to volunteer to receive in-game help requests. It would be simply a matter of adding a brightly colored button which newer players would see and be able to click to send a message to all available guides, once the message is answered, the message and who replied would be visible so that other guides might see that it is resolved or that the guide at the time required more information. This might be a bit of an update, but it would go a long way to help keep noobs around as it is a feature found in other games.
best idea for HP since months, really

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: