The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 27, 2024, 10:30:58 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Additional programs - Patcher and Archiver  (Read 3655 times)
asdfth12

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2011, 04:59:49 PM »

Patcher

Simply take one version and a higher version of the same programs, run this, and it'll make a patch to update the orginal file to whatever version the higher version was. (Basicly you take a V .02 and a V.5 of the same program. The patch will equal the diffrence between their sizes and can be applied to and version >.2 and <.5 to update it to V.5)

Not really sure how diffrent versions of this file would work though. It could be 2 diffrent programs though. (One to create the patch, one to apply it)

Archiver/Compressor

Basicly it compresses a file into a smaller size. Like encryption, the file would be unusable until decompressed. Two diffrent programs, one to compress, the other to decompress.
Hatejacket
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 05:51:39 PM »

Patcher

Simply take one version and a higher version of the same programs, run this, and it'll make a patch to update the orginal file to whatever version the higher version was. (Basicly you take a V .02 and a V.5 of the same program. The patch will equal the diffrence between their sizes and can be applied to and version >.2 and <.5 to update it to V.5)

Not really sure how diffrent versions of this file would work though. It could be 2 diffrent programs though. (One to create the patch, one to apply it)

Archiver/Compressor

Basicly it compresses a file into a smaller size. Like encryption, the file would be unusable until decompressed. Two diffrent programs, one to compress, the other to decompress.

Don't like the patcher idea. It ruins research in a sense, the same way Steal Research File missions do now.

I like the compressor however, I have suggested it before.
Trael

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 05:54:04 AM »

Compressor/De-compressor is good.
Like winrar ^^
norill

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 08:06:14 AM »

i like compressor too, but it was suggested many times.

but patcher is useless. you can just copy the file, cant you

AdmiringWorm

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 05:20:29 PM »

I don't see the reason, it's a game not real life. patcher I agree to be useless. the compression would also be useless I believe, wouldn't compress enough I think
Hatejacket
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 11:59:56 PM »

I don't see the reason, it's a game not real life. patcher I agree to be useless. the compression would also be useless I believe, wouldn't compress enough I think

It's a game, not real life? That's a valid argument. The points you made...are done on what basis? You're a total noob, what makes you think you even know what you're talking about?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: