The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 29, 2024, 05:54:14 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Download/upload qeue  (Read 2358 times)
asdfth12

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2011, 05:27:59 PM »

Or however it's spelled.

It goes along with managing transfers.

Being able to manage the amount of BW to each download/upload is a major help. This is a idea to make it easier.

If uploading/downloading mutlipule files from the same ip (Or diffrent ips, not real sure about that) it would be nice to be able to automaticly distribute BW to another download/upload once one is completed.
Hatejacket
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 07:34:47 PM »

Or however it's spelled.

It goes along with managing transfers.

Being able to manage the amount of BW to each download/upload is a major help. This is a idea to make it easier.

If uploading/downloading mutlipule files from the same ip (Or diffrent ips, not real sure about that) it would be nice to be able to automaticly distribute BW to another download/upload once one is completed.

I actually like this idea, provided the downloads are from the same IP. In RL, when you download multiple files from the same location it does this, so I don't see why not.

Different IPs would be a no-no however. Steal Research File missions would become incredibly easy.
AdmiringWorm

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 04:28:53 PM »

I as well like this idea, and to come with an extra suggestion to this.
When one of the downloads is completed, let the next one in the list get full bandwidth (or make a priority list and choose from that).
And I would suggest this to be on different ip's as well, except faction missions.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: