The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 28, 2024, 05:37:41 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: HPD Bank  (Read 7727 times)
Hatejacket
« on: July 27, 2011, 03:36:56 PM »

I dont know about you guys, but when I see HPD in my Finances, I immediately want to spend it on hardware, and alot of the time I end up spending more than I should be saving for research.

It would be cool if we had an HPD Bank we could deposit/withdraw funds from on the Finances page, and also had a way of setting an option where you can "tax" yourself a percentage (for example, setting it to 50% would make 50% of all earnings deposit into the bank).

This money would still be susceptible from virii if your "wallet" is empty, but it would be a nice, easier way to save up HPD. I could then save my bank HPD for research and spend my "wallet" HPD on hardware simply by setting a percentage, for example.
asdfth12

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 04:04:01 PM »

Would it have a intrest rate as well?

As for the 'tax' option, which option would go through first? Would group tax be applied first or would the user's tax be applied first?

WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 12:03:05 AM »

Hj ur finances is. Ur. Bank. U just got to have some self control on spending
Hatejacket
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 01:20:08 AM »

Hj ur finances is. Ur. Bank. U just got to have some self control on spending

Did you forget where to put periods for a second?

I want a separate place to put my funds so I have my spending automatically controlled.
Hatejacket
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 01:51:35 PM »

Would it have a intrest rate as well?

As for the 'tax' option, which option would go through first? Would group tax be applied first or would the user's tax be applied first?

I don't like the idea of an interest rate because it would just be another way for the rich to get richer.

I would rather the group tax was applied first.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 01:56:47 PM by Hatejacket » Logged
norill

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 02:47:28 PM »

group tax first ofc... or else ppl could set this tax to 100% to avoid group tax.

hj, i can make a script that asks you to confirm if (money spent > money available - safety reserve), but tbh, its easier just to not spend all you got on hardware

Hatejacket
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 12:41:33 AM »

tbh, it would be easier if this suggestion was implemented
norill

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 01:10:34 AM »

im not sure, implementation would mean a lot of coding, more than a simple script

Hatejacket
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 01:29:49 AM »

im not sure, implementation would mean a lot of coding, more than a simple script

Are you the coder? No, why are you complaining about it then?

If Emi didn't want to code, he shouldn't have made the game, don't you think?
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 03:25:31 AM »

Are you the coder? No, why are you complaining about it then?

If Emi didn't want to code, he shouldn't have made the game, don't you think?
and no he isn't a coder. but games are meant to stop coding at a point and just be a game, emi doing what he can to add updates but a bank option would be a big update, its not simple to code it in and make it work right.  u need to start with option that work to everyone benefit and then move to bigger updates. . u got to understand that coding takes loades of time and cant just be written in a day. emi got a life too and got to make a pay check like everyone. yes emi makes plenty from the hp but still doesn't have the time to spend 24/7 on hp.  u just ned to chill with the all the big updates
Hatejacket
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 05:59:58 AM »

No, I don't need to "chill" with suggesting updates. There is a priority list for a reason. Thanks for being Emi's PR rep, though.
asdfth12

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 08:10:03 AM »

Am I the only one around here that uses the stock market as my bank?

norill

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 11:18:48 AM »

hmm, thats a good idea. prices' changes are very, very small, you may gain or lose only tiny amounts of money that way.

asdfth12

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 11:28:50 AM »

hmm, thats a good idea. prices' changes are very, very small, you may gain or lose only tiny amounts of money that way.

And the best part, it can't be targeted by virii. With the stock market, depending on how you use it, a bank is practically worthless.
Apocrypha

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2011, 02:49:03 PM »

Nope.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: