The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 18, 2024, 05:20:09 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: PvP with viruses  (Read 8426 times)
norill

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2011, 03:56:29 PM »

i have some ideas that will, imo, bring PvP to the new level:
- hidden viruses shouldnt be displayed in Running Software if hidden lvl > running unhider
- remove the rule that max hidden level is file version + 0.2
- remove notification about spyware intercepting

what would that do? installing SpyWare, Adware, File Shares, Data hijacks, even Malware on people's servers would finally make sense. using viruses to block resources on target. formats to get rid of uber-hidden viruses.

some other ideas, not that good, but still:
- reconnecting viruses. if your target has changed ip and you manage to find it again and crack you could regain control over your viruses INSTANTLY (maybe just by connecting to it, maybe cracking in or maybe using virus breaker higher that virus)
- ip leech could get a new functionality. if a server changes ip all leeches on it attempt to send this new ip to the owner, chance based on version and running hours, as usual. if it succeeds, he maintains control over all his viruses on that server.
- Sniffer could get a new functionality - backdoor. if a server changes password it is send to the owner so he doesnt have to crack it again. you can also regain control over it just by connecting to target if it had changed ip.

what would that do? imagine installing craploads of nasty things on a server, hiding it, and when the owner finally finds out what have you done, he changes ip and... NOTHING. you are still there, with his ip thanks to leeches and his password from backdoor, LAUGHING IN HIS FACE, HAHAHAAAH
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 12:59:31 PM by norill » Logged

norill

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 12:53:43 PM »

BUMP!

WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 04:58:54 PM »

Not some bad ideas if we can get emi to implement them, not sure about the who leech idea but most of it looks good
norill

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 09:13:36 AM »

yeah, i thought that this ip leech part is too much, because you can bully newbies with it, but on the other side newbies can format HDD without losing much. and you cant bully active newbies this way, because those ip leeches need running hours to succeed.

but the main idea is to hide viruses' processes. they are useless when everyone can notice them right away on running software page.
pls emi this will make this game twice as awesome

asdfth12

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 11:32:18 PM »

A ip change is the usual solution that players use to temperaotly disable virii to give them time to disinfect them from their servers.

How about we balance this out by decreasing the time it takes for a person to reformat their gateway, and to the time needed to disinfect a virii on a owned server?
norill

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 10:57:50 AM »

A ip change is the usual solution that players use to temperaotly disable virii to give them time to disinfect them from their servers.

How about we balance this out by decreasing the time it takes for a person to reformat their gateway, and to the time needed to disinfect a virii on a owned server?
yeah, decreasing those times would be good probably (especially av, ppl dont format too often). but ip change would still be the best solution, even with ip leech new functionality. you would just need to change ip twice - this means at least 1h, even if you had one ip change ready. if someone really wants to screw you, he will make use of that 1h, and if you really want not to be screwed then you would change password 563346 times and check logs for intruders every second during that 1h, so i think it is balanced

Tartarus

What you think you know is wrong.

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 02:35:45 PM »

These are some decent ideas. Nice to see some people are still thinking about improving this game.  5
shellshocker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 08:57:49 PM »

i think these ideas would make the game more realistic and add emphasis on a part of the game that isnt currently very useful...

right now once you get an unhider high enough for missions you dont really need to research it any further...

hide files isnt very useful except to gain pvp points right now

ipleechs arent very useful either as they currently are used...

the changes proposed would give these items a purpose for the rest of the game beyond just missions
animale

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 05:30:41 PM »

I 100% agree with the hide virus processes part. Viruses warfare should be more stealthy as it is in RL  21
I'd like also to see some kind of tool to silently install virii + some kind of countermeasure. It would be nice to "disable" the  target's firewall to make it possible to upload and install it without beeing noticed in real time.

Nice suggestions anyway! 5

tn5421

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 07:09:45 PM »

I like this.  +1
N3hpy50X3

Deal With It. Don't Get

View Profile
n/a
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 08:35:40 PM »

- hidden viruses shouldnt be displayed in Running Software if hidden lvl > running unhider
...I made a suggestion like this too, but now I'm thinking it should be that if a process is being hidden then there should be a hiding process running in it's place, or something...

*edit* - imma add that to my suggestion

- remove the rule that max hidden level is file version + 0.2
...why not just increase the file version? ...oh, what, you want to hide others software from them completely? why not just delete the file instead? then it's gone for good (sure it doesn't take up their HDD, but they can't use it anymore...)
imo, it is very fair to keep the cap to 0.2 above file version (but I feel that it could be raised - not removed) that way others can see any software you have hiding on your own system and so they can steal it 16

- remove notification about spyware intercepting
...so what, what would happen when they try to collect? they can't collect anything from that virus...so you want it to just be completely hidden from them when they hit collect? (I believe that's what Virus Breaker is for - it completely removes the virus from their Softwares page aswell as from when they want to collect...it almost as if it don't even exist!)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 08:37:41 PM by N3hpy50X3 » Logged

.,..,....,,....,.,,...,,.,,.,.,,.,,.,..,.,,.,,,..,,..,,,..,......,,.,..,.,,,..,,..,......,,....,..,......,,.,,.,.,,..,.,.,,.,,,..,,,.,...,,....,.,,.,,....,......,,..,,,.,,....,.,,.,,.,.,,..,.,.,.,,,.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: