The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 16, 2024, 05:56:44 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Make HP Gorgeous... NOW!  (Read 2475 times)
Ailithical

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2011, 11:29:23 AM »

I have been playing HP for maybe, a month??, Now 21 maybe more and have realized...

to put it bluntly... That the HP site is well, Ugly!.  14

I have played !!!ALOT!!! of different online games and you soon see a trend of popular games (Even text based) showing you with beautiful graphics. But the graphics do hide the fact the game itself isn't built very well (Will explain what I mean soon).1

Now, I do enjoy a little GREEN and ORANGE once in awhile but put them together and make you look at them for a long period of time, Then it starts to get a bit.... Blehhhh.

What I am saying is a total Aesthetics revamp.
-A more graphical interface (instead of using CSS to make everything)
-Make the timers count down (so you don't need to keep refreshing)2
-A more better side menu3
-new non-repeating background  4
-make the welcome page a bit more.... welcoming  17
-A new friking logo!
-etc  16

trust me its the little things that make games good and HP has everything else.
but I think the rule of law for all games is to keep the users distracted by pretty lights while the makers siphon our money  13

1-good graphical structure+limited options=SUCK but HP good graphics+Good customizations,options etc=SUPER XD
2-there is no excuse to have a still counter, Learn from games like HF (With coutdown timers that Move) plus it will remove some server strain (page requests etc)
3-Put hardware+software+software types together in one (Upgrades), Finances+stock market=(Bank), mission+pvp and forum, hall of fame etc in the header or footer that kind of thing, Its called categorizing (because no one wants the menu to be bigger than the interactive part of the page)
norill

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 10:35:53 AM »

i was thinking recently that hp needs more graphics too, but it has to fit current look of hp (which i like)
-A more graphical interface (instead of using CSS to make everything)
-make the welcome page a bit more.... welcoming  17
-A new friking logo!
agreed (especially with logo, it sucks)
-A more better side menu3
-new non-repeating background  4
i dont think we need "more better" menu, and i like current background
-Make the timers count down (so you don't need to keep refreshing)2
2-there is no excuse to have a still counter, Learn from games like HF (With coutdown timers that Move) plus it will remove some server strain (page requests etc)
i made a script for that named HP Timers. and wtf is HF? hi five? i dont think its a game and i certainly doesnt have any timers :P

Ailithical

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 01:32:07 AM »

HF is a game but I don't know what the rules are on advertising games so I left it at HF lol and your link to the Hp timers post is broken??
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: