The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 05:25:46 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Various suguestions and ideas.  (Read 9918 times)
asdfth12

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2011, 10:13:15 PM »

Most of them are just a sentence or two, not really deserving of a entire topic. Couple of idea's in here that i've sugested in the past that I think deserves to be said again.

VARIOUS CHANGES

I've suguested a large overhaul before but this on will be smaller in scope. Basicly, hows about the ability to sort private ip's by name?

For faction servers, have the time remaining until ip change be displayed from the ip database.

Be able to view entire rankings, not just those near our rank?

HPD CHANGES

A bank.

Ability to allocate what funds go where. After group taxes, say... 25% goes to bank, 25% is used to purchase stocks (Also user selectable) and the other 50% + whatever remains from the stock purchase amount would go directly to your current finances.

How about giving groups the option to use their funds to purchase stock for the group?

Ability to transer HPD between group members.

VIRII CHANGES

IP Leech - The IP leech is a valuable virus with its ability to search for servers with higher versioned software. But, the percentages themselves... Yah. Not the ip obtaining rate, because im fine with that. But, how about allowing us to choose what specifc scan for the leech to do? I figure that this can be set from the software screen, just like setting what faction your virii should steal money from. Basicly, if its set for a basic scan it will increase the chances of obtaining a ip from a network seach while reducing the chances from obtaining a ip from a deep scan. Set it for deep scan, its the reverse. (Increased chance for a ip to be obtained via deep scan and reduced chance obtaining one on network seach.) or if it set for dual scan, leave it with the current ip obtaining rates. As for setting it for a specifc scan, I figure the buff/debuff can be 25%/50%.

REVELATION/FAITH AND OTHER RELATED CHANGES

Revelation - Don't allow multipule revelations to be installed on the same server.

Faith - As revelation functions like a 'super' overload bomb then i'd think it would be nice to allow Faith to be used to disinfect standard malware as well. The main diffrence is that Faith would be much faster at disinfecting malwares. I think that Faith being able to disinfect a malware in 25% of the time a regular malware av can would be good.

Faction Related - Have activating a Revelation give negative standing in Icarus and Hakuza. Since TL developed the virii to DESTROY these factions it makes sence, imo, to get negative standing for the factions if you activate it. I'd have said Omnicron as well, but being with that faction makes it easier to activate revelations so meh... For the sake of this idea, im assuming that they like the Rev.

Faction joining and Revelation - This idea is inspired from a sentences taken DIRECTLY from the game guide. From the guide, "Faith has been developed by the mega-corporations research servers in an attempt to defend against the Revelation virus. They are actively seeking outside help from information facilitators to defend against the Revelation menace."

So, since they are wanting to defend agenst Revelation, it seems that they wouldn't allow players into their faction who have installed a revelation. So, basicly, while you have a revelation under your control you should be unable to join factions that are opposed to Revelation, specificly Hakuza and Icarus. (i have another idea related to the above sentences but it is further down in this post)

Revelation Deactivation - If the above suguestion is implimented, this would need to be added for sake of ballance. Give players to option to deactivate their revelation virus. I'd think that a good deactivation time would be something like half or a quarter of the time required to activate it. Also, deactivation should be disabled during revelation day for extremely obvious reasons.

Faith Avalibility - This is a two part suguestion. First, remove the list of secret servers that Faith is located on. Or include all the TL servers that have a Revelation stored on it under the revelation status. (And really? Faith Public Locations? How can it be a public location if all the servers it's stored on are secret servers?) And then increase the chances for it to appear on a secret server.

PUBLIC MISSION CHANGES

Increase the power limit to 2 mil for public missions.

Add additional mission boards to the public's (Basicly, give them 'faction' boards) and give it the same types of missions that the public boards do. Set the power level for that board to 3 mil. Don't have it loaded with as many as the public board though, proably something like 25% the amount on a public.

Have the missions reset weekly. Why am I suguesting this? Because there are missions on the public boards that have been their for... get this, 2 months. Not days, not weeks, months.

Remove some of the disinfect virii missions and add additional crack secret server/delete file missions.

Do anti-hacker missions (on public servers) give pvp points? If they dont, they should give some imo. Also, my above public faction boards idea? Proably best to have anti-hacker missions only show up on those boards. (Makes sence to me. Person attacks faction, faction sics one of their members on them.)

MISSION IDEA'S

Delete/modify Logs (Yes, I just copied&pasted this from one of my previous topics)
One of our agents reports that he forgot to delete a log while bouncing a connection to our enemies server. We need a experienced hacker to crack into a server and delete the log so the connection can not be traced to us.

Delete Faith/Revelation -  Basicly, your job is to hack into another factions secret server and delete faith/revelation (Dependent on what faction you took the mission from) Avaliable on secret faction board.

Attack Server - Basicly you attack another server with malware. Avaliable on ecret server bulletin board. Variable reward. (Using pvp point reward calculation that determines the amount of pvp points you get when destroying hardware on a target server. Instead of getting points, you will get the amount of HPD that you would have gotten had to converted the gained points into HPD. Basicly, you do 100 pvp points worth of damage you are rewarded 3500 hpd)

REGISTRATION CHANGES

Redo the registration into something more then just 'put random name here, pass here and here, and random email here'. I guaren-f**kin-tee you that this will cut down on the amount of junk registrations we get. Know why? not@real.email Yah. I JUST registered an account using this as the email. Can we please, PLEASE, require email confermation on accounts?

Give the member the option to select their faction upon registering. Depending on what faction they are on, give them additional starting software or a higher version of starting software (Instead of v.1, give them v.2) if its something that their faction specilizes in.

As well as email confirmation, have a captcha check as well.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 02:28:50 PM by asdfth12 » Logged
norill

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 11:06:59 AM »

• ipdb needs more sorting options - agreed
  • multi rev on 1 server - why not?
  • ip leech suggestion - i dont mind it, i would just install more v0.1's if i were you (10x v0.1 is far better than one v1)
  • public servers - totally agreed
  • registration - agreed too

Tartarus

What you think you know is wrong.

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 02:24:24 PM »

Anti-Hacker missions on public servers definitely do not give PvP points, fyi.

asdfth12

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 03:59:20 PM »

• multi rev on 1 server - why not?

If a person wants to install a rev he/she should have to use their own resources to do so. Or use a NPS, and install it on a secret server.

Edit - I've added a couple more suguestions.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 06:44:24 PM by asdfth12 » Logged
asdfth12

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 06:08:49 PM »

Couple more idea's.

Edit - More idea's.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 07:31:22 PM by asdfth12 » Logged
asdfth12

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 10:10:10 PM »

Bump.

New round and all that. Perhaps now some of these can be implimented?
Ailithical

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 11:29:59 AM »

13 Triple postin and bumping ay? lol why don't you just take it up with emi himself if you are so dedicated to the suggestions... 1 even noril agrees with pretty much all of it lol I say, If ya want it ya take it lol besides I haven't seen a rule saying nobody message emi [ shifty yet] to converse about important... no, Very important! topics like this to convince him into taking some harsh consideration into your (no pun intended) 'Various suggestions'

or atleast get him to comment on each suggestion people make to show yes he is in fact listening and didn't make a suggestions topic to keep the masses happy lol
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 12:11:47 AM »

Bump.
tn5421

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 06:46:44 PM »

This man suggests logic.  Please accept this logic.
asdfth12

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 02:18:46 PM »

Bump.
N3hpy50X3

Deal With It. Don't Get

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 02:32:10 PM »

VARIOUS CHANGES
the ability to sort private ip's by name? agree
display time remaining until ip change for faction servers in the ip database. agree
Be able to view entire rankings, not just those near our rank? agree - when we click on Top Ranking it will automatically take us straight to the page we are on. but once we have >1,000,000 powers then we can only see no lower than the page we are on...what I mean is that once we are above 1,000,000 then we cannot see below 1,000,000 except if they are on our page

HPD CHANGES
A bank. disagree - this is taking away from PvP
Ability to allocate what funds go where. disagree
give groups the option to use group funds to purchase stock for the group? disagree - members of the group can invest HPD and transfer HPD to the group
mass transfer of group funds, divided equally between all members. agree

VIRII CHANGES
IP Leech undecided

Don't allow multipule revelations to be installed on the same server. agree
Faith - allow Faith to be used to disinfect standard malware as well. disagree - why have Malware Anti-Virus? if Faith can do this then are you suggesting Malware Anti-Virus is to be removed from the game completely? otherwise why/who would use it?
activating Revs/MRVs gives negative standing towards opposing factions agree
players controlling Revs/MRVs cannot join the opposing factions agree
Revelation Deactivation disagree - they are not designed to be deactivated, they are only programmed to destroy! ...if you want to deactivate it then it should destroy the host and take 5% off all your servers, hardware and software

Faith Avalibility I had no idea about this until I read it here
remove the list of secret servers that Faith is located on. disagree
How can it be a public location if all the servers it's stored on are secret servers? the servers in that list weren't public locations until they had completed their research on the Revelations Virii inorder for them to develop the Faith Vaccine
include all the TL servers that have a Revelation stored on it under the revelation status. undecided - how can they be public? Virii are illegal! TL repos only host Virii because they are rebels...until they meet the MRV and then everybody switches sides (they might aswell stay where they are and just throw the ball over the "net" into the othersides court)
And then increase the chances for it to appear on a secret server. disagree - they already appear on secret servers, just like you said 16

PUBLIC MISSION CHANGES
Increase the power limit to 2 mil for public missions. disagree
Add additional mission boards disagree
reset missions on a weekly basis disagree
Remove some of the disinfect virii missions and add additional crack secret server/delete file missions. disagree

Do anti-hacker missions (on public servers) give pvp points? If they dont, they should give some imo. Also, my above public faction boards idea? Proably best to have anti-hacker missions only show up on those boards. (Makes sense to me. Person attacks faction, faction sics one of their members on them.)
public servers are for noobs!

MISSION IDEA'S
Delete/modify Logs undecided
Delete Faith/Revelation -  Basically, your job is to hack into another factions secret server and delete faith/revelation agree
Attack Server - Basically you attack another server with malware. Available on secret server bulletin board. undecided

REGISTRATION CHANGES
required email confirmation on accounts? disagree - just limit to only include valid possibilities, there is no such thing as ".email" ...yet
upon email confirmation, player receives 7 days of Gold Account agree
option to select their faction upon registering. disagree - this conflicts with the tutorial
give additional starting software disagree - most types of software are available from the TL repos
higher versions of starting software (Instead of v.1, give them v.2) disagree - higher versions can be bought already using HPD
CAPTCHA after clicking the Register button on the homepage agree
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 02:41:58 PM by N3hpy50X3 » Logged

.,..,....,,....,.,,...,,.,,.,.,,.,,.,..,.,,.,,,..,,..,,,..,......,,.,..,.,,,..,,..,......,,....,..,......,,.,,.,.,,..,.,.,,.,,,..,,,.,...,,....,.,,.,,....,......,,..,,,.,,....,.,,.,,.,.,,..,.,.,.,,,.
Ichigo Kurosaki

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 07:37:57 AM »

i think you are anti-rev yes? well in that case i say the rev,s should only display ip,s of installed revs... not ip,s of were the rev,s are like when you download a rev your ip is in the revlationday list it should only be there when an active rev is installed.
N3hpy50X3

Deal With It. Don't Get

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 05:20:32 PM »

i think you are anti-rev yes? well in that case i say the rev,s should only display ip,s of installed revs... not ip,s of were the rev,s are like when you download a rev your ip is in the revlationday list it should only be there when an active rev is installed.
I agree with you about the revday list not showing dormant servers, otherwise why not all the dormant servers including the faction ones aswell, but I think they should be added when they are running and have become active processes (installing/researching ...download/upload is not an active process because only bandwidth is being used up and which can exceeds the requirements for the virii themselves so it's not running)

.,..,....,,....,.,,...,,.,,.,.,,.,,.,..,.,,.,,,..,,..,,,..,......,,.,..,.,,,..,,..,......,,....,..,......,,.,,.,.,,..,.,.,,.,,,..,,,.,...,,....,.,,.,,....,......,,..,,,.,,....,.,,.,,.,.,,..,.,.,.,,,.
tomorty080

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 09:58:28 PM »

Most of them are just a sentence or two, not really deserving of a entire topic. Couple of idea's in here that i've sugested in the past that I think deserves to be said again.

VARIOUS CHANGES

I've suguested a large overhaul before but this on will be smaller in scope. Basicly, hows about the ability to sort private ip's by name?
no opinion

For faction servers, have the time remaining until ip change be displayed from the ip database.
ummm no

Be able to view entire rankings, not just those near our rank?yay clapping

HPD CHANGES

A bank. would be so happy with this

Ability to allocate what funds go where. After group taxes, say... 25% goes to bank, 25% is used to purchase stocks (Also user selectable) and the other 50% + whatever remains from the stock purchase amount would go directly to your current finances.
no opinion at all
How about giving groups the option to use their funds to purchase stock for the group?what would this do exactly?

Ability to transfer HPD between group members. good idea

VIRII CHANGES

IP Leech - The IP leech is a valuable virus with its ability to search for servers with higher versioned software. But, the percentages themselves... Yah. Not the ip obtaining rate, because im fine with that. But, how about allowing us to choose what specifc scan for the leech to do? I figure that this can be set from the software screen, just like setting what faction your virii should steal money from. Basiclly, if its set for a basic scan it will increase the chances of obtaining a ip from a network search while reducing the chances from obtaining a ip from a deep scan. Set it for deep scan, its the reverse. (Increased chance for a ip to be obtained via deep scan and reduced chance obtaining one on network search.) or if it set for dual scan, leave it with the current ip obtaining rates. As for setting it for a specific scan, I figure the buff/debuff can be 25%/50%. no opinion

Revelation - Don't allow multipule revelations to be installed on the same server. i completely support this

Faith - As revelation functions like a 'super' overload bomb then i'd think it would be nice to allow Faith to be used to disinfect standard malware as well. The main diffrence is that Faith would be much faster at disinfecting malwares. I think that Faith being able to disinfect a malware in 25% of the time a regular malware av can would be good. this would be good, but it requires 20GB, how are people supposed to support that with all their other files?

Faction Related - Have activating a Revelation give negative standing in Icarus and Hakuza. Since TL developed the virii to DESTROY these factions it makes sencse, imo, to get negative standing for the factions if you activate it. I'd have said Omnicron as well, but being with that faction makes it easier to activate revelations so meh... For the sake of this idea, i'm assuming that they like the Rev.no opinion

Faction joining and Revelation - This idea is inspired from a sentences taken DIRECTLY from the game guide. From the guide, "Faith has been developed by the mega-corporations research servers in an attempt to defend against the Revelation virus. They are actively seeking outside help from information facilitators to defend against the Revelation menace."

So, since they are wanting to defend ageanst Revelation, it seems that they wouldn't allow players into their faction who have installed a revelation. So, basically, while you have a revelation under your control you should be unable to join factions that are opposed to Revelation, specifically Hakuza and Icarus. (i have another idea related to the above sentences but it is further down in this post) i dont know about this one ok, im going to stop with spell check, but you seriously need to though

Revelation Deactivation - If the above suguestion is implimented, this would need to be added for sake of ballance. Give players to option to deactivate their revelation virus. I'd think that a good deactivation time would be something like half or a quarter of the time required to activate it. Also, deactivation should be disabled during revelation day for extremely obvious reasons. no opinion

Faith Avalibility - This is a two part suguestion. First, remove the list of secret servers that Faith is located on. Or include all the TL servers that have a Revelation stored on it under the revelation status. (And really? Faith Public Locations? How can it be a public location if all the servers it's stored on are secret servers?) And then increase the chances for it to appear on a secret server.
good and bad
PUBLIC MISSION CHANGES

Increase the power limit to 2 mil for public missions. i like it, but im not sure about this

Add additional mission boards to the public's (Basicly, give them 'faction' boards) and give it the same types of missions that the public boards do. Set the power level for that board to 3 mil. Don't have it loaded with as many as the public board though, proably something like 25% the amount on a public.they are public for a reason

Have the missions reset weekly. Why am I suguesting this? Because there are missions on the public boards that have been their for... get this, 2 months. Not days, not weeks, months. good and bad

Remove some of the disinfect virii missions and add additional crack secret server/delete file missions.the delete files one i dont agree with, but the rest are cool

Do anti-hacker missions (on public servers) give pvp points? If they dont, they should give some imo. Also, my above public faction boards idea? Proably best to have anti-hacker missions only show up on those boards. (Makes sence to me. Person attacks faction, faction sics one of their members on them.)agreed

MISSION IDEA'S

Delete/modify Logs (Yes, I just copied&pasted this from one of my previous topics)
One of our agents reports that he forgot to delete a log while bouncing a connection to our enemies server. We need a experienced hacker to crack into a server and delete the log so the connection can not be traced to us. good idea

Delete Faith/Revelation -  Basicly, your job is to hack into another factions secret server and delete faith/revelation (Dependent on what faction you took the mission from) Avaliable on secret faction board.no opinion

Attack Server - Basicly you attack another server with malware. Avaliable on ecret server bulletin board. Variable reward. (Using pvp point reward calculation that determines the amount of pvp points you get when destroying hardware on a target server. Instead of getting points, you will get the amount of HPD that you would have gotten had to converted the gained points into HPD. Basicly, you do 100 pvp points worth of damage you are rewarded 3500 hpd) NO

REGISTRATION CHANGES

Redo the registration into something more then just 'put random name here, pass here and here, and random email here'. I guaren-f**kin-tee you that this will cut down on the amount of junk registrations we get. Know why? not@real.email Yah. I JUST registered an account using this as the email. Can we please, PLEASE, require email confermation on accounts? i dont really know about this one

Give the member the option to select their faction upon registering. Depending on what faction they are on, give them additional starting software or a higher version of starting software (Instead of v.1, give them v.2) if its something that their faction specilizes in.
good idea

As well as email confirmation, have a captcha check as well. no opinion

- posted in honor of ARVL
We are here to protect the world against the rev virus, we will be the last defenders, no matter what, we will be the last line of defense
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: