The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 07:58:20 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Log AutoDeleter  (Read 8625 times)
HJ®
« on: July 15, 2008, 03:34:45 PM »

Just a simple idea, it would need some balance.

- AutoDeleter needs Deleter to run
- (at 0.1) requires 40 CPU to Run, 10MB Mem?, 3KB BW
- AutoDeleter version must be higher than Deleter version to run at 100% (see below)
- if AutoDeleter version is lower than Deleter version, you have a variable chance to fail when autodeleting logs
- AutoDeleter knocks 20% off of Deleter software level
human

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 06:29:24 PM »

I do not like it at all... :((

EoD's forums

~~ Human ~~ EoD Co-Leader
HJ®
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 06:33:25 PM »

Bah, just something I thought to help the newbs, as they seem to forget quite a bit.

Newbs and oldies alike, I've forgotten my IP laying around somewhere......once.
PauloHaddad

paulochf@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 06:42:38 PM »

Bah, just something I thought to help the newbs, as they seem to forget quite a bit.

Newbs and oldies alike, I've forgotten my IP laying around somewhere......once.
Maybe it would be a kind of intrinsic protection of newb ones.

Althought, it could exist for a limited time, and the player should be warnes that the time has expired.

I have left my ip for a whole day, then I got screwed.

A new idea came now: that could be made some videos about how to play. Youtube is there to things like this! =)

If I write something wrong, grammatically speaking, please msg me!
please

Thx!  13
sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 07:53:36 PM »

better yet have a set cap on it.

ya know, maybe v.5-v1 or something...

just ideas.

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
HJ®
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 09:31:29 PM »

Setting a cap on it would work.

That way when you reach the cap (Which some players more than likely already would have), you'd be forced to deal with the cap, or move on to deleting your logs manually with better versions.

The AD would have to act as it's own program, though, I'd think.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 11:20:43 PM »

Why not just have the game for the first week put up in big flashing red letters "DO NOT FORGET TO DELETE YOUR LOGS"

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 11:26:27 PM »

If you agree that when you run an AutoDeleter it takes 10 HPD on each log it deletes, then I could make it work.  5

For newbie players, I'm working on a step by step tutorial like, where they can complete a few missions and maybe install a virus and not leave logs or change IP after they complete the interactive tutorial...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 11:29:51 PM by siremi » Logged

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 11:37:33 PM »

If you agree that when you run an AutoDeleter it takes 10 HPD on each log it deletes, then I could make it work.  5

For newbie players, I'm working on a step by step tutorial like, where they can complete a few missions and maybe install a virus and not leave logs or change IP after they complete the interactive tutorial...

I am for the HPD charge on the AutoDeleter provided it then deletes at the currently running Deleters level.

Anything I can do to help with the interactive tutorial?  Testing etc?

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
HJ®
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 11:45:39 PM »

Yes, i quite like the idea, even with the IP charge. It's another piece of software in the game and it's already completely balanced :P
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 05:00:37 PM »

BUM! BUM!! BUM!!! BUM!!! BUMPPPPPP!!!
madolebr

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 03:18:32 AM »

emi, what if this autodeleter was put in like this (for example)

a v.1 auto deleter would charge 10hpd per delete and 5 ap. with larger versions, it would cost as such (you know, a v.2 would use 20 hpd and 10 ap per delete)
after you go so high with it, it would not serve anywhere near as good a purpose (too expensive)
it would be a separate program than the actual log deleter, and the logs can be undeleted with a regular log undeleter of equivalent or higher version (therefor only being helpful for new, low players. )
Ulurukangoo

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 07:38:28 AM »

I'd still delete logs manually tbh xD I'm quite greedy when speaking about money..... >_>
But if you guys want this, then balance it to be fair-play, then add it tbh, cheers!
Numbers

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 07:38:40 AM »

could work, but if it deleted every log I make I'd be out of ap all the time. laugh
madolebr

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, 06:29:44 AM »

lol. truely, i wouldn't use it, but with how all the new people that try the game quit within a week, it does lead room for improvement. personally, i'd love to see this game prosper, and have new players who aren't scared to loose a little effort they put in. anything pertaining to the first few weeks of gameplay can drastically change the overall experience of a player. wish it was easier done then said, but as always, it's not...
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: