The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 01:56:20 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New software  (Read 8913 times)
ManoftheSea

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2008, 03:27:55 PM »

Password scrambler, forces a server to change its password.

Thus, I can semi-own another player's server by uploading my protection files and the password scrambler, then run these files on that server.  It has the benefit that I'm directly BENEFITING another player. 
sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 06:42:10 PM »

any more clarification?

whats the adverse affect on the affected system?

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
ManoftheSea

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 10:45:09 PM »

Adverse effect?  It doesn't.  It resets the password, like the owner reset the password.  Meaning even YOU have to re-crack it.  Thus, you have to be able to slice your own software, if you're hardening someone else's system.

But it allows you to "own" someone else's system.  Which you then drop virii on, or use to hold files for an organization.
Melville

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 01:48:43 PM »

Wait, how do you mean "own"? If all it does is scramble his password, wouldn't that make him more in control of his system than you?
ManoftheSea

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 05:38:17 PM »

Well, yes.

The person who logs in localhost still has more control.  But there are users with empty servers, and I feel like I could benefit from that if I could install my firewall and change their password.
Melville

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 06:22:08 PM »

So, let me see if I have this right. You log in to their accounts, use the software to change their password in case someone has it already. Then you upload your firewall, and all of your other stuff. So now he can use all of that stuff, but it can also serve as a kind of backup for you if you have to re-download?
ManoftheSea

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 06:27:11 PM »

Exactly.  It creates a use for some of these people who have decided to quit.

Of course, they may just IP change, and make off with your softwares.
Melville

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 06:45:39 PM »

Hmmm, but if they did decide to quit, unless they gave you their IP, then the chances of getting it from the IP dealer would be really slim then, wouldn't they?
ManoftheSea

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 08:16:28 PM »

Slim to get a specific player's ip.  But to get an ip of a random user?  Not so bad.
Zyzzyx

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2008, 09:38:59 PM »

Need a script to start deleting players who aren't online for x days (I'd say 7).  + maybe a vacation mode if you'll be gone for longer than that.  Being able to use other players servs as a platform for free is just asking to be broken.  All I have to do to find an inactive is pay the IP dealer 10 HPD.
plubius

a gun is not an argument.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2008, 02:05:16 AM »

dont delete players, imactives are exccellant places from which to bounce, and they are probably the battleground of the future in this game. although a script to label them inactive at the ip dealership and drop their price might be in order.

for every action there is an equal and opposite government program
XRay

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2008, 02:49:59 AM »

Don't you think that inactive players might be too useful as spam farms? They don't give away their IPs to other hackers and never format their harddisc, so they might serve as an infinite source of income for free. Normally you'd have to buy a server for 20k HPD for that.
ManoftheSea

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2008, 07:52:00 AM »

They have 5 bandwidth.  That's...  v0.166 spyware max, or about 5 credits per hour.  Not a fast infinite, eh?
XRay

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2008, 11:20:19 AM »

No, but once it's set up, it's totally free. After some time the 5 per hour accumulate to give an unbeatable income-to-effort-ratio.
ManoftheSea

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2008, 11:28:09 AM »

and the teeming horde of newbs will be trying to remove it.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: