The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 29, 2024, 03:02:16 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: CPU virus  (Read 9123 times)
jem6502

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2008, 01:34:54 AM »

I propose a new type of virus that's focus is to steal and use your CPU cycles for profit.  It would use a small amount of bandwidth and hard drive space but a LOT of CPU.

You could imagine a black market for illicit CPU power.. think of the  SETI@home model and you get the idea.

Nagitof

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 04:14:32 AM »

That sounds great but to make sure noone abuse it, there should be a relitivly low profet, it will still a lot but less then the damage like 30 per hour to 500 mhz

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 05:11:02 AM »

i like the idea! but dunno how do you make money by putting a virus on someones computer that eats CPU?

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
Nagitof

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 05:57:51 AM »

I know how it can make sents. it is some what complex, and it pro mega corp. there would be three types; Omnicron one, Icarus one, and a Hakuza one. You down load each virus from the one of the mega corp server, oviously each virus comes from the naming virus. So you upload it to what ever server. So what the virus does is it uses the CPU for reseach, and the mega corp head of that virus will pay you for how many hours it is operational.

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 06:21:54 AM »

I know how it can make sents. it is some what complex, and it pro mega corp. there would be three types; Omnicron one, Icarus one, and a Hakuza one. You down load each virus from the one of the mega corp server, oviously each virus comes from the naming virus. So you upload it to what ever server. So what the virus does is it uses the CPU for reseach, and the mega corp head of that virus will pay you for how many hours it is operational.
Err.. that works too... Not so sure about what other think though, but i like the idea :P! So basically we're helping the mega-corp research, ahh once again the topic of two seperate group emerges, Anti-hacker group and anti-mega corp. Maybe someone could suggest the faction ( sides ) idea again. And sometimes Sir-Emi can hold events as Anti hacker vs anti mega-corp players? Dunno just an idea :D

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
Nagitof

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 06:30:21 AM »

So you think my idea will spark conflict against players cuz it would start missions like Anti-Pro-Mega-Corp. My main goal on the forms is to make less PvP and more PvComputer. But if other people like the idea then il go with it.

Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 09:46:42 AM »

dude............. PvP rules!!!!!! (least for those who don't let me find their i.p. :P)

i would like to see this program as well, would also make it so we can eat some of the servers that still have a lot of cpu, but their bandwidth is messed up

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 09:50:38 AM »

Actually I've been itching for more pvp. Since it's basically free for all I thought maybe we should be split into two, Anti-Hacker, Anti-Mega-Corp. As like an official group, meaning you just dont do anti hacker mission and say oh im an anti-hacker, I mean it places you into a group where you can find a bunchload of anti hacker missions against hackers who arent in the mega corp group, and visa versa. Also while on the topic, there isnt that many anti-hacker missions either. If i were controlling a huge corporation sought to dominate the world's web, i'd be constantly trying to hunt down the hackers who are messing with me.

Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 09:54:40 AM »

same, and i want to see official factions as well........... SGP is the only commonly known group, and i can understand secrecy but it limits newbie possibilities and gives everyone above them an edge..........

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 10:18:00 AM »

same, and i want to see official factions as well........... SGP is the only commonly known group, and i can understand secrecy but it limits newbie possibilities and gives everyone above them an edge..........
Also players can form personal groups within groups or work together as anti-hacker anti-mega-corp hackers. It would be very interesting but it might take a while for Sir Emi to code this to make it worth while :]

Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 10:26:55 AM »

maybe absic coding at first? like it highlights a group members virus? so you don't cap theirs?

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 10:30:06 AM »

maybe absic coding at first? like it highlights a group members virus? so you don't cap theirs?
Maybe and if you go against your own group there are penalties?

Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 10:36:29 AM »

yeah, or at least group has incentives to hunt you down and "I will eat you o_o!" them :P

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 10:37:48 AM »

yeah, or at least group has incentives to hunt you down and "I will eat you o_o!" them :P
=.=

Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2008, 10:38:26 AM »

=.=

:P

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: