The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 02:20:05 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Software System Requirements  (Read 1881 times)
black_ice

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2008, 07:35:25 AM »

- Software System Requirements
  - Option 1: Mouseover Script that shows the requirements to run said software (CPU, RAM, Bandwidth)
  - Option 2: Check system, that warns a person when purchasing software, based on errors they would recieve with their current rig config (all processes currently running), giving them the option to either purchase the software (at their own risk), or allowing them the option to not purchase, after realizing that it won't run on their rig. This already occurs if you don't have the space to fit the software on your rig, so with some tweaking, this could fit into checking all categories.

**This would only be applicable to "purchased" software and not captured or downloaded software, as the current system works perfectly for that.

This would allow newbies to make enlightened decisions about their purchases.

...on a side note, I would like to see an "end results" system requirements for the end result of research, with a similar warning, so that you can research to the perfect level for your rig, without having to upgrade to support the new software.

Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere, but I searched and found nothing, a link to guide me on my way would be appreciated.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: