The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 27, 2024, 02:35:03 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Advertising  (Read 4390 times)
Nemo

nemon@fuck.you
View Profile WWW
« on: August 02, 2008, 12:45:15 PM »

Right now it seems that you only advertise for Gold Accounts..

I think that all non-Gold members should see a massive, 800x600 ad, which would redirect to the game after 5 seconds..

Your server probably counts how many logins you have daily - You could make lots of moneys this way..

nemon@f**k.you - The MSN is not a joke, it works.. Please don't ask me how it's done?
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 01:08:33 PM »

Well, it's an idea. We didn't want to scare new players with ads but at some point we will deploy some ads in there for those that didn't donate anything or are not Gold...

HJ®
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 02:52:56 PM »

I do believe Gold members were advertised a certain "Ad free" game when we paid our money.

I really hate that 3 lines of bright green font at the top of every screen, I thought that would be gone. Maybe something smaller for gold members, still letting us know the exchange rate, but up in the top corner or on a different page? Otherwise the game advertisement wise is no different for either member.

Athough to be fair I dont know why anyone would suggest advertisements inside the game.
Nemo

nemon@fuck.you
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 03:48:22 PM »

Well hatejacket, I suggest it because siremi could make big money out of this game.. And if siremi got big money out of the game, he might invest in a faster server, maybe he would use even more time on developing HP?

nemon@f**k.you - The MSN is not a joke, it works.. Please don't ask me how it's done?
Moen Co.

F5!

ragewithmycheese
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 04:13:03 PM »

Since siremi is the main developer for three games right now, I'd assume time and not money is his main constraint when it comes to updating.

Also, what's wrong with the server? It's not Google fast, but it's not 56k slow either...

Those three green lines of text don't bother me usually. But there are two messages it toggles between, and one message is three lines long and one is four lines long, which means I can't click in the same place to get the same result sometimes.

Retired. Best Finish: #4 (Should've been #3)
Nemo

nemon@fuck.you
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 04:14:59 PM »

Those three green lines of text don't bother me usually. But there are two messages it toggles between, and one message is three lines long and one is four lines long, which means I can't click in the same place to get the same result sometimes.

That irritates me too..

But look, if siremi would ever get so much cash from HP that he could live using it, he would probably spend a little more time on HP than the two others - wouldn't you?

Moen Co.

F5!

ragewithmycheese
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 04:17:06 PM »

siremi strikes me as the kind of developer who cares more about the satisfaction of his player base as a whole rather than pure profit.  He has two other games worth of player base to try and keep happy too. Correct me if I'm wrong siremi laugh

Retired. Best Finish: #4 (Should've been #3)
Nemo

nemon@fuck.you
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 04:20:04 PM »

Unless he's a milliuonaire, he needs something to pay his bills.. And even a person who makes 10.000 USD per month, would be very happy with 1.000 more :P

Nemo

nemon@fuck.you
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 04:20:49 PM »

Well, it's an idea. We didn't want to scare new players with ads but at some point we will deploy some ads in there for those that didn't donate anything or are not Gold...

Well, this ad would only come the moment you log in, and wouldn't interupt the gameplay at all..

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: