The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 25, 2024, 06:54:03 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Software File Name change option (read the whole thing before replying)  (Read 4159 times)
virus man

View Profile WWW
« on: August 07, 2008, 02:54:28 AM »

How about giving the option to do a 0 hour research to allow you to change the name of the software.  That way you can buy software and change the name of it.  Include the cost of a normal 1 hour research so it sucks out some of the HPD from the game.

If you reply saying anything such as "You can do that by researching" I will reply with a "You = /FAILURE AT LIFE" message.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
RavenXP

rgongora2002@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 03:28:46 AM »

"You can do that by researching"  laugh

Just kidding. I think this is a good upgrade, some people want to retain the version number of the software but got bad luck when they named it after the last research.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 04:03:47 AM »

Well some ingame testing has shown that yes you can already do this however it costs 30 AP to do it and 0 HPD.  So I would prefer to have that switched as paying AP for a name change on the software is kinda dumb IMO.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 08:12:17 AM »

I prefer 30 AP over some HPD... sorry

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 08:13:55 AM »

Why?  removing HPD from the game is better is it not?  Renaming a file should be no more difficult than killing a process.  But 30 AP is way to much to charge for a File Name Change.  I am afraid to ask now how much AP it will cost us to change our in game names now ;)

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
ZacQuicksilver

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 10:03:21 AM »

You prefer us to pay 30 AP to change the name of a program?  I'm sorry, but I don't see the logic to that.

I hack games, not computers, in my life.

I'm NOT SGP, no matter how much I support them on the forums.

Pardus.at. Let me know if you play.
Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 01:51:28 PM »

Well, I personally don't see the point of a system designed solely to limit gameplay either, but that's just me. Obviously it's worked, since people have closed the gap on SGP, right? Before this change, we limited ourselves to a portion of servers and we regulated ourselves in how many virii we installed... now that everyone is "even" and the game restricts our actions for us, we'll play to the full extent the game allows. When the AP system was implemented, my score was roughly 50% higher than the top non-SGP player. It's now ~700% of the top non-SGP.

The AP system is obviously designed to limit gameplay/enjoyment, but why make it limit aesthetics? If you want, make the HPD cost of renaming it correlate to the version, but making it cost AP doesn't make sense.
Warheart

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 02:03:20 PM »

And how you can change the name with dont research the file?
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 10:32:20 PM »

And how you can change the name with dont research the file?

Research it for zero hours as previously stated.
How about giving the option to do a 0 hour research to allow you to change the name of the software.  That way you can buy software and change the name of it.  Include the cost of a normal 1 hour research so it sucks out some of the HPD from the game.

If you reply saying anything such as "You can do that by researching" I will reply with a "You = /FAILURE AT LIFE" message.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: