The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 18, 2024, 11:57:51 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Lock Process  (Read 2603 times)
ZacQuicksilver

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2008, 11:23:55 PM »

I want some way to prevent myself from accidentally killing a process. There have been several times that I've killed a File Share Capture (6+ days to complete) about halfway due to a misclick or something similar.

Perhaps a "Lock Process" Program that eats up some CPU (enough to keep it from being worth locking everything), but takes 10 minutes/level (! minute normally) to stop before the locked process can be stopped. This wouldn't keep someone from stopping everything I'm doing, but it would slow them down. However, it would keep me from accidentally killing a task.

I hack games, not computers, in my life.

I'm NOT SGP, no matter how much I support them on the forums.

Pardus.at. Let me know if you play.
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 11:48:27 PM »

I would also like this kind of feature, I have killed many dl's that have been like one hour to complete that had taken over 50 hours to get there.

RaiseCain

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 04:04:36 AM »

It would be best if Uploads/Downloads and running programs would be separated in the running process page. That way you can't accidentally kill a download while you really were trying to free up CPU/MEM.

Also it would be nice to separate the downloads/upload on the manage transfer page.

Untill then, double check what you a stopping ^^

The battles of the skilled are without extraordinary victory, without reputation for wisdom and without merit for courage.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 09:40:16 AM »

This has been suggested and discussed.  Sir Emi did not give any real input on it so I don't think it will be put in at any time soon.

After all SGP right now is abusing as much of the system as possible to get things fixed.  I want the problems fixed before new features are added in.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: