The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 28, 2024, 08:33:02 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hardware profiles  (Read 4302 times)
Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2008, 02:59:18 PM »

I was reminded today about how easy it is to disappear into thin air - between unlimited name changes and plentiful IP changes, it's nearly impossible to keep track of who's who. I'd love to see a "hardware profile" tab when accessing a server that would include more info: some useful, like MAC address (which would allow you to keep track of people you've hacked before, since MAC addy wouldn't change), and some for show (at least for now) like OS and other hardware not actually in the game yet (gpu, mobo, etc). This would somewhat help offset the total anonymity (other than file names, which can also be changed) and give players a greater sense of ownership and customization.

Thoughts? 1
HJ®
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 04:17:42 PM »

I do think the game needs more customization. Lots more PC Information (even say Sound Card/Video Card) would be awesome.

Just about as awesome as if people used the suggestions formula :P
Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 05:05:08 PM »

No offense intended, but the suggestion "formula" is just your personal suggestion. I do agree with the basic premise behind it, that people should think their ideas through before suggesting them. However, imho not every suggestion needs to follow those guidelines as long as the idea isn't half-baked, or unless Emi actually asks us to use them. That being said, I'm writing this on my UMPC and so it's harder to follow a format.

I don't think it would be overly complicated to code this suggestion, and it would add not only a semblance of realism, but have a useful function as well.
HJ®
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 05:22:35 PM »

Ah, My post was more of a joke than anything, I can't force people to use it. Like you said, it's simply a suggestion. The formula was more for bigger suggestions anyways.

That being said, I can't wait for someone to use the formula with the smallest suggestion possible :P
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 10:30:38 PM »

sudo ifconfig eth1 up hw ether 00:11:22:33:44:55

nuff said ;)  12

ohhh Married With Children is on.   How many guys had a crush on her back in the 80's?  You know who I am talking about.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
HJ®
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 02:54:40 PM »

..........Peggy? :P
termul

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 02:57:49 PM »

Marcy ofc .... who didn't fancy her  14
HJ®
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 03:28:41 PM »

You mean the Chicken?
ivandrago
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 04:39:15 PM »

[quote Al]
Hey, Marcy, what's holding the towel up?
[/quote]

[quote Al]
Marcy, the part with the cups goes in front.
[/quote]

13 13
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 04:46:37 PM by ivandrago » Logged
Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 02:59:13 AM »

Bump - Sir Emi?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: