The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 29, 2024, 08:48:52 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: New virii  (Read 8661 times)
Noseedam

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2008, 04:12:09 PM »

i propose a new a new kind of virus

The backdoor virus

what it does: once it is installed you can get into the server even if the password is changed, but it does not give you the i.p. if you change i.p.s, you must be hunted down again

the virus is a small one, and it leaves a log trace (as all other virii), it would be especially useful when trying to get back into a private server (balance for the sniffer!), the virus is temporary and would last only 48 hours before needing to be reinstalled (because computers change themselves every so often, and therefore back doors don't stay open forever)

-do not flame me, i'm not staying to get flamed, you just be talking to yourself

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
HJ®
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 04:15:53 PM »

I like the idea, but not the name.

Only Noseedam would consider "The Backdoor Virus"...

Also Suggestions Formula FTW
J.GreenThumb

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 04:44:26 PM »

Sounds like a perv thing...
How bout the loophole virii?

Ebolla>   Ebolla: No problem. Replied
   <JGreenThumb>   Ebolla: You Ebolla:'ed :P
ZacQuicksilver

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 08:19:30 PM »

I'm not sure: this kind of thing is called a Back Door whenever I've heard of it.

And just to make sure I understand, the thing gives you Admin Access to a server, but deletes itself after running for 48 hours, and is killed by a Spyware AV.

I hack games, not computers, in my life.

I'm NOT SGP, no matter how much I support them on the forums.

Pardus.at. Let me know if you play.
PlyPencil

156 colemansystems@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 03:27:33 AM »

Loop Exploit Virus?

Humans make mistakes, that's why they put erasers on the end of pencils.
Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 10:59:42 AM »

How about calling it a keylogger? I've been thinking about suggesting the same kind of virus. Why would it have to expire though? It would be a simple disinfect from an anti-spyware.
Adramalech

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 11:23:15 AM »

er, there do exist such virusses (real world), and there called rootkits, so why not stick to the real name?
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 11:37:52 AM »

I think his idea was based on Back Orifice.  An old school trojan.  Sadly trojans are not used anywhere near as much these days.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Witcher

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 12:55:35 PM »

er, there do exist such virusses (real world), and there called rootkits, so why not stick to the real name?

Er... nope... it's a backdoor virus. A rootkit install can do any number of things including this but it is certainly not limited (or necessarily able to) process passwords in this way.

Backdoor virus is the correct slang for it - and yes I also remember the back orifice virus... now that cause a fair amount of snickering at one point. (I remember someone who took six weeks to take ask what to do about the virus simply because of the shame of explaining what had happened after an anti-virus flagged this up)

coffee1
Theraze

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 10:54:30 PM »

Best part of Back Orifice? The plugin names... there was just something very... unique... about not only knowing you were going to put BO (or later, BO2K) on their computer, but you were going to get it there with Silk Rope (or Saran Wrap) to attach it to another application, with the Butt Trumpet so you would know their IP... and that was only the beginning
rokalth

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2008, 10:12:06 AM »

Butt Trumpet??  laugh o my, nerds...
Theraze

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2008, 06:29:49 PM »

Apparently there's a plugin for a chain of BO2K servers now called Love Beads... 1
Nagitof

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 01:28:39 PM »

Back too the new virus. I like the name backdoor virii. I think it should last longer then 48 hours. Each time the local host changes the pwd to get it back you go to the software menu were all the viriis are, and click the collect (or an other name instead of collect) then you get the password. That way the host can put a sniffer virii on his own server to track it.

Witcher

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 03:17:11 PM »

Back too the new virus. I like the name backdoor virii. I think it should last longer then 48 hours. Each time the local host changes the pwd to get it back you go to the software menu were all the viriis are, and click the collect (or an other name instead of collect) then you get the password. That way the host can put a sniffer virii on his own server to track it.

Do you realise the implications of what you suggest?

Basically this is an absolute lock for a powerful player to control whatever he wants.

Lets say a player decides to put a backdoor virus on my server and lockup my bandwidth (several ways to do this). The player has the hardware and experience to make it really hard for me to track him down. (plenty of those players out there)

He locks me down with a backdoor virii and starts to wipe my server deleting all my files. With what you propose there is absolutely no way I can stop him - I didn't have a strong enough defence to stop him from coming in, and once he is in there is no way I can keep him out. Try to wipe the hardrive? He kills the process before it's complete. Try to disinfect? He kills the process. Try to change IP? He can follow me. Try to change password? clicks on a button and has a new one.

Basically you are implementing a system where you have a sudden death with no possible recovery except maybe making a new account.

I don't like it. Not one bit.

coffee1
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 03:22:46 PM »

I don't like it for many of the same reasons witcher mentioned, but just a quick correction: IIRC, a format can't be killed by remote host, so in order to get him off, I'd have to lose everything. Not cool.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: