The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 28, 2024, 02:29:42 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Do you want the number one account in this game?  (Read 16672 times)
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 12:14:44 PM »

There is nothing wrong to donate but that people get advantages because they dont have to check their bankaccount every time they want to buy a snack is wrong in my opinion.
Its in cases like this communism were a good thing because everyone had about the same income and therefor about the same conditions.
But back to the subject; I believe its wrong but also necessary that people donate. You can probably say that Ill upgrade to gold or buy this account if I had enough money to dont have to care if Im going to have food in the end of the month. I dont know if thats true but my opinion now is that its wrong.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2008, 12:36:50 PM »

Ok, let me list off a few things that strike me as odd, before we leave the "off-topic train."
1) You think it's wrong that people make more money than you.
2) You think communism is a good idea because people make more money than you
3) You're spending a significant amount of time playing an online game, despite the fact that you're wondering where food is going to come from. Maybe you should work more?

And now, back to our regularly scheduled broadcast.
The #1 account is for sale. Whoohoo!
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2008, 01:02:16 PM »

Ok, let me list off a few things that strike me as odd, before we leave the "off-topic train."
1) You think it's wrong that people make more money than you.
Nope. I think its unfair that they use their money on things giving them advantages over other people. Buying
2) You think communism is a good idea because people make more money than you
Nope. I believe communism is a good idea because it gives people the same conditions and does not accept people being poor. Unfortunatly the idea was corrupted and ended with countries like Cuba and China.
3) You're spending a significant amount of time playing an online game, despite the fact that you're wondering where food is going to come from. Maybe you should work more?
I only use ten minutes of my leife per day on this game. Sir Emi should make it more entertaining. And I cant work more. The only reason Ive been so active lately was that I was on my last days of my vacation. My schedule doesnt allow me to do much more since I also study to become an electrician.

Edit: Im sorry to bring it up again after you steared it back on track but you cant just write things like that and right afterwards telling me that were not going to talk about it without leaving me a proper chanse to reply on it. (Its what politician does.) I could send you a message about it but this started in public.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 01:11:30 PM by Arthur Dent » Logged

Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2008, 01:19:19 PM »

It was started in public, and I couldn't care less. Now keep the thread on topic please.
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2008, 01:24:15 PM »

Ok. I wounder if anyone in the top 10 would bid on it. I dont think theyll would do but they could. I think the one buying are going to be someone played for a minimum of a week and wants to go straight to the top.

Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2008, 01:41:05 PM »

(Thanks for an on-topic post)

Really, the account would be useful even for the #2 player. Because the big limiting factor for powerful accounts is AP, having a second (and very powerful) account would be immensely useful in infecting servers, attacking threats, and running high level research. I am interested to see who decides to buy it (or even bid on it)...
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2008, 01:49:10 PM »

I had to post an ontopic post. I couldnt just write "Ok".
Anyway multiaccounting isnt forbidden if they arent interfering with each other. Then its rather useless to buy a new account for getting more servers. You arent allowed to do anything with them that affects your new account. I dont think Ebolla or anyone up there would give their account up for a new one. In fact a lot of players have left the game and then I dont think someone up there would throw away their handmade accounts on something they havent done themselves. Im probably getting annoying at this point so Ill stop saying the same thing over and over again now.

Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2008, 09:21:24 PM »

Oh crap, we're really resetting? just when I thought... just when I was settling into the game.
oh well, fresh start, maybe I'll not be to far behind the golds. death
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2008, 09:31:17 PM »

and you finally have a bid on it now....

HJ®
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2008, 01:36:35 AM »

This is probably a contributing factor in the Revelation Day update, IMO.
Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2008, 11:10:28 AM »

Well, we don't know exactly what the update will do yet or when it will be released... And hopefully we'll get more details
soon because of the fact that every player (except for one) so far has posted that some kind of reset on the main server is bad, since Emi said there wouldn't be any.

From what I'm reading though, the resets seem like they might be player led (through viruses). If that's the case, then this account could/would be the critical factor in whether it does or does not happen! The owner could either research the virus so high that it can't really be disinfected, or research the antivirus enough to be able to handle any threat that arises. The fun thing is that whoever ends up with the account has the ability to put themself in the hall-of-fame... and they can decide what puts them there  7

Even if this server does get some kind of "reset," the Gold status will stay with the account and that's worth $20. The spreadsheet to track just about everything in game and the strategies I'll pass on should make it well worth at least that, at least in my opinion. We'll see what you guys think though 1
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2008, 12:29:58 PM »

but the major selling points will be gone, you may have the best server before the first reset, but after that, you cannot research up the virus anymore as you would have the normal noob server

Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2008, 01:57:27 PM »

The point is that players can STOP the reset by stopping the virus. This account can stop a lot of virii. Also, if you read what Emi wrote, he said that the virus has the ability to wipe out the CORPORATION servers and that we'll be caught in the middle of it... We still have no idea what that means. Do your research or leave your spam at the door (preferably don't post in this thread at all, since you obviously aren't interested in the account. There's plenty of other threads for you to troll).

Updated the auction with new server stats/features.
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2008, 02:46:45 PM »

^^ I think it would really help you so that you did not get so mad at me if you would just READ MY POST BEFORE  RESPONDING (the caps are needed so you might read something for once)

you said
The owner could either research the virus so high that it can't really be disinfected, or research the antivirus enough to be able to handle any threat that arises.

see the first thing you said, research it so it cannot be disinfected, as in you would be resetting everything, that could only work once as a selling point.

Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2008, 03:18:03 PM »

I'm not mad at you, I just get frustrated when a post (seems to) add nothing to the discussion, especially when it's my topic. Thanks for clarifying though, and you do have a valid point. Yes, if the new owner chose to wipe out all the major corporations, that would only happen once... As far as we know. We still don't know how the corporations will affect our servers once they get hit. Still, some people have said that their reason for not being interested in the account is because they want to "make their own way." This way, everyone would be even again (if the virus actually causes a reset of player servers instead of just corporate) and they really could make their own way, on even footing with every other player.

Also, I've updated the auction again... this time I've added some of the research that is underway on the account
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to: