The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 24, 2024, 07:36:08 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: server takeover?  (Read 10924 times)
gs 059

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2008, 05:10:59 PM »

I did not see it anywhere on the forum, so I am going to make the suggestion...

can we have a virus that we can install and after say a week or two, you have the option of taking the server over a players server.

I was thinking maybe, 5 hours to install, size of 1gb so it takes forever to put on the server, does not work on public/secret servers, only player servers. person who owns server can just click kill to disinfect.

this is only to go against those people that create an account, but never use it.

also I just thought of something because people might just create accounts and use this to get free extra servers...
maybe when you click the capture server button, it takes like 10k hpd or something.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 05:17:44 PM by gs 059 » Logged

Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 05:17:58 PM »

I can upload a 1 gig file in 2 minutes. Any other questions?
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 05:28:35 PM »

ok, so there is the 2 minutes, what about the week long activation time? any questions?

Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 05:31:02 PM »

The viruses I install are over 20 gigs and install in less than a day. Any other questions? The fact is, this is a bad idea. Drop it.
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 02:08:06 AM »

How about a virii only capable running on remote so you have it on your own and then you run it on remote? It would only affect people with 7 days inactivity and the activation time would be pretty hard so people will be certain that they want the server. Lets say about 24h. During those 24 the server infecting on remote (your own) wont be able to do a thing. If the person gets active during the infect the infect is automatically canceled with a note somewhere on the infecters software page. Im not sure if the target would know if he/she almost got infected.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 03:42:14 AM »

The viruses I install are over 20 gigs and install in less than a day. Any other questions? The fact is, this is a bad idea. Drop it.

but still, are you saying that with your Superior self, you can dodge activation time? how would you activate something that takes 7 DAYS to activate in one day? please at least read my post before saying I am an idiot.

Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 11:02:06 AM »

*sigh* and could you please actually read my post? I never called you an idiot. Let me give you another reason why this is still a bad idea: the more powerful the player, the more processes and uploads they can simultaneously run. That means that the more powerful players would take over significantly more lowbie servers than the new players, who would actually be positively affected. Since those servers are now owned by an active player, no one else has the chance to take them over again. Combine that with the fact that the bigger players can afford to buy more IPs, and you have a bad idea on your hand... Just like you did after the first post.

It's still a bad idea that will never be implemented. Even the good suggestions on this board aren't making it onto the task list. Drop it.
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 11:06:28 AM »

And if you read my post everyone can only take one at a time. I just have to reconfigure my post so you dont read it one per server.

Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 11:27:50 AM »

Yes, that would make a difference... but since playing multiple accounts (Without limit) is allowed, active players could still take over more, and gradually siphon them to a main account. In any case, when a new server is only 20K hpd and the idea needs this much balancing to just be considerable, why bother? It doesn't really add anything new to the game. Yes, I think we need something to do with inactive accounts other than farm, but I don't think this is it. Keep pushing the idea if you like. I think my views are fairly clear on this one so far.
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2008, 11:47:47 AM »

Multi accounting isnt tolerated if they have a single contact with eachothers. And whod wait 7 days to get a new server when theres tons of abandoned accounts allready out there?

HJ®
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 11:56:26 AM »

Okay, I'll give you 2 reasons why this idea won't work.

Faith and Revelation.

Now DROP IT. You f***ing retard.
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2008, 12:04:42 PM »

I hope you know that I have the right to report you but I wont because we all love to read your commentary which is filled with so much joy.
I love you, man. I love you.
Im probably declared g*y in the next post in this thread.

Edit: Wrote g*y instead of the other word which wasnt guy.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 12:22:00 PM by Arthur Dent » Logged

HJ®
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2008, 12:10:51 PM »

You can report me all you like, Arthur. I'm sure Siremi sees just about every post as it stands anyways.

Oh noes, my forums are gone again, this time because of Arthur..that just means I'll hit you harder.

I'm seriously starting to believe that Arthur doesnt even play the game, rather just posts on the forums. I would, because with the storm that's headed your way, I wouldn't want to play.

There's a certain level of cruelty when it comes to repeatedly destroying a server, but there's also an extreme level of annoyance when listening.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 09:23:49 AM by siremi » Logged
Krieger

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2008, 12:14:47 PM »

Im probably declared gay in the next post in this thread.
G*y!! :P jk

I don't like the idea... You can pay 20k HPD and have another server, and I think it's enough. Your idea would only bring people making accounts (maybe in a cyber or friend's house) and getting his server for free.

Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2008, 12:21:11 PM »

You can report me all you like, Arthur. I'm sure Siremi sees just about every post as it stands anyways.

Oh noes, my forums are gone again, this time because of Arthur..that just means I'll hit you harder.

I'm seriously starting to believe that Arthur doesnt even play the game, rather just posts on the forums. I would, because with the storm that's headed your way, I wouldn't want to play.

There's a certain level of cruelty when it comes to repeatedly destroying a server, but there's also an extreme level of annoyance when listening.

But annoyance is good for you. It does one of following thing;
1. Learn you how to hold your temper together.
2. Learn that it feels good to unleash your anger at something
3. Sends you directly to the madhouse without passing the shrink. This occures when you wake up in an alley with blood on your hands and no memories about what happened.

Im probably declared gay in the next post in this thread.
G*y!! :P jk

I don't like the idea... You can pay 20k HPD and have another server, and I think it's enough. Your idea would only bring people making accounts (maybe in a cyber or friend's house) and getting his server for free.

You got a point. The newbies dont have the need to own a second server if they cant pay so much and the bigger players buy their own instead. And none of the bigger players would be able to use it to get good servers because people with servers good enough dont usually quit. (Or wouldnt if Sir Emi didnt make the wrong updates.)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 09:24:00 AM by siremi » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: