The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 17, 2024, 07:23:07 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Vacation Mode  (Read 3594 times)
Nagitof

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2008, 03:40:28 PM »

I think it would be a good idea if there was a vacation mode. Your server would go on pause and no one can hack it. You could add a minimum time off so it doesn't get abused, and at maximun time so that way it doesn't get cheep for the other players.

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 04:13:59 PM »

Maybe change IP and don't hack as a temporary solution...

Someone could still buy the IP off the software dealer, but that's a long shot that it could be your new IP... so change IP should be relatively safe.

Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 03:41:29 AM »

But those who dont have HPD enough to buy a new IP? Or got a virii installed just before going offline?
And if you are going to have vacation mode please remember that europeans have longer vacations then US citizens. Im saying this because I have seen sever people from AE (AstroEmpires) which is an european game.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 11:46:15 AM »

But those who dont have HPD enough to buy a new IP? Or got a virii installed just before going offline?

You could always install your own virii on your gateway and make it inoperable to others short of remote disinfect. That way when you come back you have some spare HPD as the virus works for you and others will have a hard time remote disinfecting.

If you got a nasty virus just before vacation, have a friend remote-disinfect you or if you have Gold, backup your data on the Secure FTP and Format HDD with IP change.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: