The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 29, 2024, 03:05:33 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Revelation Day scheduled addon - Sun, August 31  (Read 11869 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: August 30, 2008, 10:45:42 PM »

The Revelation Day testing has been completed and the addon will be available on Sunday, August 31, 2008.

Revelation Day is an update that will enable players to take control of rounds by activating a Doom's Day device.
Those that will try to end the round will battle with all others that are trying to prevent Revelation Day from starting.

When a round is over, the Top 10 players are remembered in the Hall of Fame.

There are also prizes at the end of a round:
Top     1       2        3         4         5     6      7       8         9         10
Prize    $60    $40    $30    $20    $10    $10    $10    $10    $10    $10

Link to ingame Guide:
http://www.hacker-project.com/index.php?action=guide#a31

Revelation Specs:

- Usage V 0.1: 10,000 CPU, 600,000 Kb Memory, 400 kbs Bandwidth, 20 Gb HDD
- nullify host defenses when installed
- can only be installed every 6h (global counter)
- visible across the network regardless if installed or not (exception un-installed on NPC server)
- requires above usage resources to activate / run (replaces 50 CPU activate cost with full cost regardless if activated on localhost or remotely. E.g. Requires a good gateway to even activate the virus. Resources are freed once the vir has been activated, on remote cases)
- can only install one Revelation on a unique host
- can not be encrypted / hidden
- can not be uploaded to Secure FTP
- if 24 hours DDAY countdown is in progress, no new Revelation virii can be installed until countdown is over. When countdown is over, the world is saved or doomed.
- if installed on NPC server, it does not trigger a disinfect mission

- enables remote overload damaging hardware of servers (50% the power of an overload bomb of same version)

Faith anti-virus specs:
- Usage V 0.1: 20,000 CPU, 1200,000 Kb Memory, 20 Gb HDD
-  disinfect time =~ activation time of Rev virus
-  disinfect process once started can not be stopped on the initiating server. It can only be stopped by initiator gateway. If remote disinfecting, the initiator can only stop the process on the remote system with the kill command (the process on localhost is locked).

rokalth

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 01:42:17 AM »

I must say, im waiting intense.. its interesting to see what happens shifty
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 07:11:19 AM »

Im glad that the Doom virii takes so much but to double the resources of our Savior AV isnt really fair. Then the newbies cant disinfect Doom.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 12:59:02 PM »

Topic cleaned, only posts on the subject of the topic will be preserved. Please talk about the update.

Revelation update is now live.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 01:06:36 PM by siremi » Logged

Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 01:06:06 PM »

Then I ask you were we would post the other posts. It could have been a good discussion about what would happen to this game.

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 01:07:53 PM »

Then I ask you were we would post the other posts. It could have been a good discussion about what would happen to this game.

Sure, please post it in this topic: http://www.hacker-project.com/forum/index.php?topic=726.0

Now reason to have two topics on the same subject. Please use this thread for update information only.

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 01:19:02 PM »

It will take some time until the first Revelation / Faith is spawned. It has a chance to appear on one of the new servers that have protections over V 1.0, whenever the mega-corps update their software / servers...

Once spawned, the virus will not show in the Revelation Day if on an NPC server and un-installed, but once downloaded to a private gateway it will show up in there, so be careful. If you install the virus, the host defenses are useless. Also Faith can not be stopped once it starts a Rev disinfect.

In Revelation Day room, you can see 10 x public Faith locations, so when you start to see some Faith locations, then you know Revelation is somewhere out there... Revelation / Faith always spawn with V 0.1 but can be researched after download.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 01:21:33 PM by siremi » Logged

Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 01:22:30 PM »

Sure, please post it in this topic: http://www.hacker-project.com/forum/index.php?topic=726.0

Now reason to have two topics on the same subject. Please use this thread for update information only.

You arent posting there any longer so our opinion there have no meaning since you dont even read it.

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 01:25:55 PM »

You arent posting there any longer so our opinion there have no meaning since you dont even read it.

I am carefully reading that thread for any other feedback regarding future development of the Revelation update, please use that thread to comment on secondary issues related to the Revelation update.

This thread will be cleaned and only information regarding the present update will be kept. Other extrapolations will be cleaned.

Thank you.

Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 01:32:32 PM »

I cant really trust your words on this (not like I dont trust you). When you dont reply or show that you really are listning some of us feel abandoned.

rokalth

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 02:11:21 PM »

I dont really understand how this all works but im in! Lets see what happens  17 good luck fellows!
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 08:59:50 PM »

As I understand Faith can disinfect Revelation in half the normal time correct?

Then honestly there is no way to stop it.

V.1 Revelation will take just over 40 hours to disinfect so if all 10 infects are started at the same time there is no way possible to stop doom's day.

This is based on data found through testing.

Faith is suppose to be twice as fast on Revelation as other AV's are on other Virii correct?

Normal disinfect time is
(((((Virus Size) / 4) / 60) * Virus Version) * 10)

So a .616 File share takes 82.13333333 hours to disinfect or 82 Hours and 8 minutes.  This has been verified in game to be accurate.

So if Faith is twice as fast then the equation would look like this
((((((20GB) / 4) / 60) * Virus Version) * 10) / 2)

BTW the reason for the extra ()'s is there is some calculations done on my spreadsheet to get the exact size based on software raw data provided by Sir Emi.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 09:09:33 PM by virus man » Logged

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
RavenXP

rgongora2002@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 10:12:36 PM »

V.1 Revelation will take just over 40 hours to disinfect so if all 10 infects are started at the same time there is no way possible to stop doom's day.

I thought you can only complete the activation of a Revelation virus every 6 hours?
So even if the infection started at the same time, you cannot complete the activation of another Revelation virus within the next 6 hours.  confused2
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 10:23:53 PM »

I thought you can only complete the activation of a Revelation virus every 6 hours?
So even if the infection started at the same time, you cannot complete the activation of another Revelation virus within the next 6 hours.  confused2

Have you ever played a MMO like EQ, WoW, etc?  Coordination is all it would take.  10 people all cordinating together to each activate 1 at the same time then hit the remote overload all at the same time.

Now someone suggested that Faith is suppose to be 10 times faster than normal so all they would have to do is take them up to .3 to prevent it from happening

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 11:00:28 PM »

V-man, I think the current theory is that the 6 hours is a GLOBAL counter. So no matter who activated the first one, it'd be six hours before anybody else could activate the second, a further 6 before the third, etc.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: