The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 01:06:44 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Revelation Day scheduled addon - Sun, August 31  (Read 11797 times)
Tiak

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 11:05:20 PM »

As I understand Faith can disinfect Revelation in half the normal time correct?...
According to every forum search I can think of, if he ever gave any time estimate other than saying it was about the same as activation time,  the post no longer exists.  I've seen the half number flying around a bit, but it is most likely just speculation

I thought you can only complete the activation of a Revelation virus every 6 hours?
So even if the infection started at the same time, you cannot complete the activation of another Revelation virus within the next 6 hours.  confused2
The thing is, the game guide talks about preventing revelation from destroying the world after all 10 have been activated.  It implies that if all 10 are stopped, then the world is saved (though it seems the reset still happens in this saved world somehow?).  If the disinfect time of the most recently activated one is over 24 hours, then that is impossible.

...Furthermore, if it takes 40+ hours to disinfect, activating one every 6 hours would still be troublesome.  In that case, if you were coordinated and activating v0.1's, nobody could keep you from getting 7 infected, at which point you would be be deadlocked if you had steadfast disinfectors.  If the 40 number is right, and activation and disinfects scale like normal viruses, then a coordinated group, installing a 0.136 virus every 6 hours, would be impossible to stop.

Have you ever played a MMO like EQ, WoW, etc?  Coordination is all it would take.  10 people all cordinating together to each activate 1 at the same time then hit the remote overload all at the same time.

Now someone suggested that Faith is suppose to be 10 times faster than normal so all they would have to do is take them up to .3 to prevent it from happening
The activation thing is a global timer.  Meaning that once one has finished activation, nobody in the game can finish another activation for the next 6 hours.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 11:08:46 PM by Tiak » Logged
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 11:49:30 PM »

Activating time for Rev is equal to Faith disinfection time.

If there are 10 Revs installed and the 24h countdown starts, no other Rev can be installed until the world is saved or doomed.

If after the 24h countdown is over there are no Revs installed, the reset is delayed until the next countdown.

gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2008, 12:52:55 AM »

so we have to kill all 10 of the revs to stop it?

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 02:48:46 AM »

Activating time for Rev is equal to Faith disinfection time.

If there are 10 Revs installed and the 24h countdown starts, no other Rev can be installed until the world is saved or doomed.

If after the 24h countdown is over there are no Revs installed, the reset is delayed until the next countdown.

Ok so if I am not mistaken the activation time is the same for all virii.  What I have found through testing of my own and it seems to be highly accurate is the following calculation.

((VirusSize / 29.98198198) / 60)=Hours to activate.
So with that said Revelation at .1 would look like this
((20,000 / 29.98198198) / 60)= 11.11778846 hours which would round up to 11.12 hours or 11 Hours 7 Minutes and 12 Seconds

Is that correct Sir Emi?

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 10:11:28 AM »

Quoted From The Game Guide:
"Before it can start the chain reaction, the virus needs to create an artificial Intranet network consisting of 10 x Revelation viruses. After 10 Revelation viruses have been installed, a timer starts to count the last 24 hours before the chain reaction reaches critical state."

Hrm, well i would have thought that removing just one link in that chain would be sufficient to stop the "chain reaction", but having to disinfect ALL 10 Rev's to stop doomsday!?......

Oh well, we've got our work cut out boys 'n' girls!

Side Question: Does the version of the Faith AV have any impact on the disinfection time?

if answer is no, then may i make a suggestion that for each 0.1/1.0 in the difference between version of virii and version of AV takes some time off the disinfection, say just 5m would probably be fine, then again...thinking about it...if that was implemented it woul probably have to be so for normal virii disinfects too...which could be REALLY bad.

.....did i just answer my own question?  laugh

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 01:07:03 PM »

((VirusSize / 29.98198198) / 60)=Hours to activate.
So with that said Revelation at .1 would look like this
((20,000 / 29.98198198) / 60)= 11.11778846 hours which would round up to 11.12 hours or 11 Hours 7 Minutes and 12 Seconds

Is that correct Sir Emi?

From my tests, a Rev 0.1 took about 11 hours and something, so yeah I think it's correct.

Hrm, well i would have thought that removing just one link in that chain would be sufficient to stop the "chain reaction", but having to disinfect ALL 10 Rev's to stop doomsday!?......

Yeah when the 10 x Revs get installed, it's all or nothing, but no additional Revs can be installed, so you have to kill the 10x Revs but you don't have to worry about others popping up...

Faith AV version is used like normal AV, the version does not decrease the disinfect time. Instead, the disinfect time is fixed and equal to the activation time for that virus version. The only difference between Faith and another AV is that it's disinfect time = activation time of Rev. That suggestion, I don't think it can work, sorry.

DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 06:32:58 PM »

That suggestion, I don't think it can work, sorry.

Yeah, after thinking about it a little, it was a rather silly idea 14

Sirrobert

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2008, 07:07:10 PM »

Yeah when the 10 x Revs get installed, it's all or nothing, but no additional Revs can be installed, so you have to kill the 10x Revs but you don't have to worry about others popping up...

Faith AV version is used like normal AV, the version does not decrease the disinfect time. Instead, the disinfect time is fixed and equal to the activation time for that virus version. The only difference between Faith and another AV is that it's disinfect time = activation time of Rev. That suggestion, I don't think it can work, sorry.

So what you're saying is that it's useless to rechearch both rev and faint?
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2008, 07:23:34 PM »

Well being that to install Revelation you have to have the resources to run it on your own system free, I would say yes.

As for Faith well it is easy enough to power research it if needed.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: