The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 19, 2024, 12:19:51 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Revelation?  (Read 18096 times)
termul

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 07:28:52 AM »

I am well aware of the post you qouted, but you, mr. i-think-i-know-everything-better, should get your facts straight. You are wrong twice in 1 post.

1 - there is also a post where siremi stated what i said earlier
2 - you will never find me ingame
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 08:44:24 AM by termul » Logged
Moen Co.

F5!

ragewithmycheese
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 08:54:43 AM »

quotes or it didn't happen. a link is fine too.

On another note, now that I read the quote, technically (and I do mean TECHNICALLY) Emi never says that this is the persistent server nor says that this is not the round server. Only because resets were never officially 100% announced everyone assumed that this was the persistent world. Just my 2c.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 09:05:34 AM by Moen Co. » Logged

Retired. Best Finish: #4 (Should've been #3)
Witcher

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 11:22:58 AM »

On another note, now that I read the quote, technically (and I do mean TECHNICALLY) Emi never says that this is the persistent server nor says that this is not the round server. Only because resets were never officially 100% announced everyone assumed that this was the persistent world. Just my 2c.

It's really a question of expectations.

I do have a recollection of having seen the posts which are discussed, but the perception and hence the expectation which I had for the first month while I played the game was that I was playing a persistent game on a persistent server.

That was my expectation, and I believe that it was the expectation of the vast majority of players, and it was an expectation which had been reinforced though perhaps not 100% confirmed by Sir Emi.

Another perception - this is a hacker game. Tomorrow it may be turned into a game about pokemons jumping around the place. Nowhere has it been stated that it will not be, and in fact it would not be against the TOS for this to happen. But our expectations is that this will be a hacker based game which will evolve in that sort of universe.

The expectation of persistence has been now dismissed, and as a direct consequence I'm less interested in the game today than I was a month ago but I am still here. We'll see how things evolve. What was or was not said at this point is largely (though not completely) irrelevant. We need to deal with the fact of the Faith/Revelation thing. We'll see how things go.

I'm also very interested in knowing whether if we nuke all the truelight servers it would stop Revelation from happening altogether though ;-)

coffee1
Nagitof

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008, 09:55:05 PM »

Ive been playing HP since it opened. And when I started playing I sucked, two weeks later I got rank 10. But the only way I got there was because there were so little poeple playing. Now there are many poeple playing and I cant do any missions. So restarting will cause to many poeple doing to many missions so no one will do well. On all the other games by siremi they where huge. This game is much much smaller. Unless there will be 100 publis and 2000 secret servers the game will go no where. Siremi made a great game here, some things need fixing, but the game is still super. The big thing is is that this game is NOT the kind to be reset. SpaceOddissy and SeeOddissy are completly different. All we need are good basic ideas that help noobs and not negitivly harm the Superpowers. That way there will be no need to reset. Only those that have been playing for a little while or dont have the hang of the game yet and with maybe a few stronger players are agreeing. There are 4 post with many veiwers and many posters all saying the same thing no reset. Some are making clans that are trying to stop the revelation. SO PLEASE SirEmi PLEASE STOP THE THE REVELATION PLAN.

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 12:36:16 AM »

There was a mention about rounds in the Terms of Service that every player accepted prior to making an account with HP.

http://www.hacker-project.com/terms.html

(III) You can also support The Hacker Project by donating. Donations are non-refundable.
Rewarding for donations is at the sole discretion of The Hacker Project team, and you have no warranty that a donation to The Hacker Project will bring you anything, donations are simply to support the costs for maintaining and running the game. We encourage you to test the automated system first, if you intend on using it, with a very small amount. The exchange rate for the rewards system will increase with the progress of the round, and before a round ends it will be at a maximum due of the imminent round reset. Any problems with the system can be addressed to the ingame support account, and we will do everything in our power to resolve your issue.    

(IV) All information submitted in the register process are exclusively for sending your account information, new round details and occasional updates information, and will remain private. It is your responsibility to keep your account safe. All password data is encrypted. The Hacker Project is not responsible for any un-authorized access to your account, we provide logs that you can use to track your account actions. If you notice anything unusual in your game account logs, please report them to the ingame support account. All information about donations and Gold Accounts is private and will not be released under any circumstances. You can only ask questions about your own donation, and are limited to asking about donation expected processing date, clearing date and problems during processing.

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 02:50:44 AM »

Ah some changes have been made to the ToS since I started day one.  Since There were no mention of Rounds at that time anywhere including the forums until it was asked.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 02:44:41 PM »

Rounds wasnt a part of the ToS when I started so I believe that I have the right to completly ignore those parts if I wish to unleash it doesnt fall under another part of the ToS. This would also affect everyone else stating before the update of the ToS. Am I right about that?

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
Theraze

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2008, 03:10:32 PM »

Legally, depends a lot on the wording of the ToS when you signed... If it doesn't include some of the standard boilerplate, you're perfectly right inn that you have no obligations to actually pay attention to any changes, regardless of what happens. 1
Player

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2008, 05:45:11 PM »

Actually i think this was in the ToS when i signed up, which is at least 1 month ago.

That was the reason why i asked if this game is featuring persistent world or not. So, yea I guess we ll have rounds now and then seeing how most people agree that revelation is impossible to stop if a coordinated group decided to run it.

However, i do have one question though, is there any plan on having a persistent server up at all? If so, can we get an ETA? Or is HP going to be round based only?

Doomsday is Coming! Run for It!
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2008, 08:16:31 AM »

In the post most people are referring to (I dont know where it is) Emi said that HP would include both a persistant and a round based world. And my opinion is that it should be best not to have the first world round based since it wasnt clearly roundbased at the beginning.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
Exousia
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2008, 03:08:50 PM »

There was a mention about rounds in the Terms of Service that every player accepted prior to making an account with HP.

http://www.hacker-project.com/terms.html

(III) You can also support The Hacker Project by donating. Donations are non-refundable.
Rewarding for donations is at the sole discretion of The Hacker Project team, and you have no warranty that a donation to The Hacker Project will bring you anything, donations are simply to support the costs for maintaining and running the game. We encourage you to test the automated system first, if you intend on using it, with a very small amount. The exchange rate for the rewards system will increase with the progress of the round, and before a round ends it will be at a maximum due of the imminent round reset. Any problems with the system can be addressed to the ingame support account, and we will do everything in our power to resolve your issue.    

(IV) All information submitted in the register process are exclusively for sending your account information, new round details and occasional updates information, and will remain private. It is your responsibility to keep your account safe. All password data is encrypted. The Hacker Project is not responsible for any un-authorized access to your account, we provide logs that you can use to track your account actions. If you notice anything unusual in your game account logs, please report them to the ingame support account. All information about donations and Gold Accounts is private and will not be released under any circumstances. You can only ask questions about your own donation, and are limited to asking about donation expected processing date, clearing date and problems during processing.

So, where does it say that the game is round-based? The language of this ToS implies the possibility and covers the developer's butt legally in the event of an end of round scenario, but does not explicitly state that it is round-based.
Nagitof

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2008, 05:13:02 PM »

Player was a good idea there that would be little extra work for Emi though. If there were two worlds one with rounds and one with the sted ongoing game that will all love. That is a iffy thugh cause then SirEmi need two manage two games.

Exousia
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2008, 05:15:22 PM »

Player was a good idea there that would be little extra work for Emi though. If there were two worlds one with rounds and one with the sted ongoing game that will all love. That is a iffy thugh cause then SirEmi need two manage two games.

That's what delegation is all about. I'm sure there would be no shortage of volunteers to help him manage a second, third, fourth, etc. server. If he's doing it all by himself, that could be half the problem: He's just overloaded.
PlyPencil

156 colemansystems@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2008, 12:13:34 PM »

This feature IS needed to keep a balence and stop players wizzing off into the billions per day. It is 100% player controllable so if you dont want your user reset fight for it.

Humans make mistakes, that's why they put erasers on the end of pencils.
Nagitof

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2008, 07:17:30 PM »

This feature IS needed to keep a balence and stop players wizzing off into the billions per day. It is 100% player controllable so if you dont want your user reset fight for it.

Your forgetting that poeple worked really hard to get there and now all ur doing is deniing there well erned glorey.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to: