The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 19, 2024, 10:13:22 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: More forum members.  (Read 3442 times)
Nagitof

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2008, 09:52:00 AM »

The forums NEED more active people. Right now there are only like 30 people thats use the forums out of 300 forum members out of 9000 people that play. I think the forums should be advertised on the Hacker project home page. The forums isnt even writen any where else but the link to the forums. The best players in the game are some of the most active forum user. There is no reason why the forum cant be in the "Lisa True Light mentor". Tell the new players that the forums are a vital part of the game. To me its like the forums is a small chat with the same people. Plz siremi the forums needs more active users.

Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 10:02:59 AM »

Just a correction;
There are about 9000 players registered but I believe only 40% of them actually plays HP.

Online now; 43
43*48(halfhours/day(because updating every half hour))=2064
9000/100*40=3600

I was almost close. Calcs says 2064 while I say 3600. I have more faith in HP then I should.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 12:20:28 PM »

you should have seen it back when the game started before the nerfs started happening.

there were posts all over the place and a lot of useless ones by our local 1K+ posts trolls ;)

Seriously though the reason for the reduced forum posts is because of the massive nerfs to the game since it first went live.  It has driven a lot of people off and as they say 1 unhappy customer = 100.  So if 7,000 people have quit playing that is 700,000 people lost that could be playing.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Moen Co.

F5!

ragewithmycheese
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 03:34:23 PM »

Just a correction;
There are about 9000 players registered but I believe only 40% of them actually plays HP.

Online now; 43
9000/100*40=3600

I was almost close. Calcs says 2064 while I say 3600. I have more faith in HP then I should.

How do you know the average amount of people on at any time is 43? Stop making assumptions. You don't know if the time you took that data was the average, the maximum, the minimum, or somewhere inbetween.

there were ... a lot of useless ones[posts] by our local 1K+ posts trolls ;)

Were? There still are!  16

Retired. Best Finish: #4 (Should've been #3)
ZacQuicksilver

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 11:56:03 PM »

Just a correction;

Online now; 43
9000/100*40=3600

How do you know the average amount of people on at any time is 43? Stop making assumptions. You don't know if the time you took that data was the average, the maximum, the minimum, or somewhere inbetween.

It's a decent guess.

However, I'd point out that I'm probably on for 1 hour a day, so with 38 people on as I write, that's about 38*24 people, or 912 people active now.

Suffice to say, there's probably between 1 and 2 thousand people active (defined as on once a week or more), which means that 1.5-3 % use the forums.

I hack games, not computers, in my life.

I'm NOT SGP, no matter how much I support them on the forums.

Pardus.at. Let me know if you play.
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 12:48:35 AM »

Usually there is less then 30 onlines when I look. Its 24 now.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: