The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 06:43:48 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Today's Nuclear Explosion; Faith Update  (Read 60002 times)
RavenXP

rgongora2002@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2008, 09:15:51 PM »

They plan to destroy all secret servers so nobody can use them and everybody will rely on virii farms.
It will affect you big time especially when you are just starting cause you will have no secret server to rely on.
J.GreenThumb

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2008, 09:32:19 PM »

Nah, RavenXP.
They will destroy enough secrets that they can monitor the rest for Revelation Virii. I am hoping that they will leave them alone and let people PVP over them. That would make things interesting. I am thinking maybe 50 servers total will be left untouched. I know I am putting malware out as well but I am occuping 10 and stopping. I will bomb them and then babysit 10 more. Otherwise I am not in this ordeal.

Maybe SGP should take a hint and take 20 servers a pop and do as I am.

Ebolla>   Ebolla: No problem. Replied
   <JGreenThumb>   Ebolla: You Ebolla:'ed :P
Moen Co.

F5!

ragewithmycheese
View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2008, 09:54:06 PM »

Nah, RavenXP.
They will destroy enough secrets that they can monitor the rest for Revelation Virii. I am hoping that they will leave them alone and let people PVP over them. That would make things interesting. I am thinking maybe 50 servers total will be left untouched. I know I am putting malware out as well but I am occuping 10 and stopping. I will bomb them and then babysit 10 more. Otherwise I am not in this ordeal.

Maybe SGP should take a hint and take 20 servers a pop and do as I am.

From Page 1, and I quote Ebolla.

5> Regarding PvP.  The intention of nuking the NPC servers with Overload bombs is to drive people to using Private Farms which is where the REAL PvP in the game comes into context as someone is realizing.

L2R? Mmkay.

As for the topic, I can't help but think that the first use of Revelation will lead to MAD sometime down the road. It's nice to see how hard these bombs are hitting for though. Scary.

Retired. Best Finish: #4 (Should've been #3)
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2008, 10:49:12 PM »

They plan to destroy all secret servers so nobody can use them and everybody will rely on virii farms.
It will affect you big time especially when you are just starting cause you will have no secret server to rely on.

That is not true.  My alt is actually already on a private farm.   I earned up enough to buy a 2nd server and do enough upgrades to install 1 0.1 File Share.  From there it has snowballed to well over 10K an hour income.

Private Farms are the way to go.  They provide a greater amount of security than Secret servers.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2008, 10:52:11 PM »

L2R? Mmkay.

As for the topic, I can't help but think that the first use of Revelation will lead to MAD sometime down the road. It's nice to see how hard these bombs are hitting for though. Scary.

The scariest part though is that the NPC Servers are being nuked by Malware and not with the Tsar Weapons.  The Tsar Weapons are being used against Private Servers due to the difficulty of installing Malware on Private Servers belonging to even Semi Active people.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
termul

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2008, 07:00:09 AM »

Dense conversation,
how will this affect us weaker players?

Virii on private servers don't spawn desinfect missions (if I'm correct), which means less profit opportunities for everyone.
Thek3mp
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2008, 07:01:54 AM »

if ya didnt know, we DONT WANT our virii disinfected....
termul

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2008, 08:16:03 AM »

Offcourse I know, I don't want mine desinfected either.
But I have long time ago accepted that it happens, people get paid for it.

I was answering Sebs question on how it will affect him : he will have fewer profit opportunities. He will have one way less to make some HPD.
Moen Co.

F5!

ragewithmycheese
View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2008, 08:26:45 AM »

Nobody wants their virii disinfected, whether it be adware, file shares, malware, spyware, sniffers, or revelation.

But the truth is that this is a PvP oriented game. If it were strictly Player vs Server, it would get boring. Fast. It's like hitting a punching bag; the servers don't have any teeth. You want some advice? Move off the public servers as soon as possible. No matter what you do, you're fighting over that server with hundreds of players a day. Think you're going to get anything useful done? Think again.

Here's my advice. Find a secret server. Go through the public logs and find IPs you don't have in your database. After that, check the mission boards of non public servers. They'll have more secret IPs. Check inside all of them, most of them have 20-30kb of open bandwidth that higher players haven't bothered filling. A great spot for an adware or two.

Retired. Best Finish: #4 (Should've been #3)
Xirad

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2008, 12:09:22 PM »

But the truth is that this is a PvP oriented game.

Move off the public servers as soon as possible. No matter what you do, you're fighting over that server with hundreds of players a day.

But the public servers are one of the few places PvP happens.. fairly often.  Admittedly it is a fairly restricted PvP, but some none-the-less.

Hmm....
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2008, 04:10:52 PM »

Termul, disinfect missions are less important to me, I also am worried that I will have signifigantly less virii opportunities, but the most important thing is: Will any players be hit hard?
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2012, 12:40:47 PM »

LOL, sorry i k now im Necroing here, but after reading loads of old forum in the last week, Ive come to the conclusion, that Virus man- AKA ebolla and HJ are complete idiots. lol Take the evil TL thing way to far, and if u guys think im bad, u should research SGP, and Virus MAN. lol
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to: