The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 10:57:59 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: Isn't this round awesome  (Read 57686 times)
jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2008, 05:29:32 PM »

DamascuS: like I said - i personally don't have a problem with that. I do know what you mean with "some nimble fingers and quick-clicking". In my case it also involves using an excel file that helps me with new servers and arranging data for faster access. But to get available missions it comes to Alt-Tab, ctrl c, ctrl v, ctrl f and a bit of praying :D and cursing.

lpJ.
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2008, 05:57:16 PM »

...But to get available missions it comes to Alt-Tab, ctrl c, ctrl v, ctrl f and a bit of praying :D and cursing.

lpJ.

Yep, i still have to do that, i just don't have to wade through all the servers clicking 'accept all' lol.

Well, i see your point there jager, but imo the script im using doesn't really fit any of the classifications of a 'bot', it doesn't really do anything for me except keep my mission data up-to-date, if anything it could be classed as putting myself at a disadvantage, mainly because:

1. The time the mission was released is not displayed in the mission data.
2. There is literally hundreds of missions at a time from just the public servers alone, and wading through them all to find one that isn't already taken, takes considerably longer imo.

I am really only using this script for the time being, to counter the activities of these bots that people keep running, but needless to say, it still involves some nimble fingers and quick-clicking ;)

I really dont understand why these players want to use bots, i mean...its just pure F*****G LAZINESS!

'nuff said.

im assuming you arent giving this publicly?
Because if it is allowed i wouldnt mind a copy.

Edit: In the confusion, i answered another question here ;)
Real Answer should have been. I will not be making this program public, unless the need arises, at which time, only people i choose will get it, so please do not bombard me with messages asking for it, because i will not reply.

Peace Out
DamascuS
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 06:26:22 PM by DamascuS » Logged

DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2008, 06:18:15 PM »

Ok, and here, im afraid to say...i make myself look like a complete idiot imo. read:

Quote from the ToS:
Forbidden actions   
    (I) It is forbidden to use any type of software that can harm or interfere with the correct functioning of The Hacker Project.   

(II) Forbidden programs   
          It is forbidden to use any bots or other ways of artificial stay online in the game. The same goes for programs that automates
          the actions of a player outside the mechanisms provided by the in game menu.

highlighted in bold is the answer to the question.

In which case, i apologise here, publicly to anyone who may find me using this script offensive to them, and to sir emi, i know this kind of thing isn't what you want on this game, but im willing to bet that neither do you want players using bots, even though imo my script is not a direct violation of the ToS, because the script uses the 'mechanisms provided by the in game menu', in that it simply replicates the links used in the menu (kinf of like a non-interactive command-line browser).

I understand emi is busy, and is doing all he can to resolve the problems, i am NOT disputing that fact at all, heck, if he even needs any extra help/info, me and many others are only a message away!

DamascuS

Xirad

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2008, 07:09:42 PM »

hmm.. so has anyone else noticed 244.131 connecting directly... multiple times, and not deleting any of his logs, AND running maybe not a lot, but a couple deletes on those servers... (so far i've seen it on mainly the public servers)

idk, i may be a little paranoid.. but it seems kinda reminiscent of a certain bot program we all know and love...

If i'm crazy just let me know and i'll shut up, lol

Hmm....
HJ®
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2008, 07:19:15 PM »

Someone want to tell me how this is any fun?

Scanning for highest version software... Detected Basic Firewall Protect V 3.70194 as highest version file...

Scanning hardware... Detected 69150 Mhz CPU core, 2450432 kb Memory, 15 Gb hard drives, 99 kbs Bandwidth.

That's a f**king bot.
Xirad

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2008, 07:25:52 PM »

wait.. is that 244.131's ? or is that vashied's? either way that's f*cking ridiculous...

Hmm....
HJ®
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2008, 07:26:34 PM »

vashied's.
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2008, 07:34:20 PM »

vashied's.
heh, I should run a scan...if only I had a scanner.
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2008, 09:44:54 PM »

Someone want to tell me how this is any fun?

Scanning for highest version software... Detected Basic Firewall Protect V 3.70194 as highest version file...

Scanning hardware... Detected 69150 Mhz CPU core, 2450432 kb Memory, 15 Gb hard drives, 99 kbs Bandwidth.

That's a f**king bot.

Well that's just effing rediculous.

ban

Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2008, 09:47:26 PM »

yes, vashied, or whoever owns that bot, must be... 'taken' care of.  bodyguard
Moen Co.

F5!

ragewithmycheese
View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2008, 10:47:09 PM »

Yeah his hardware save the BW is only oh...10 times mine. I know we don't want false positives here, but what other evidence do you need? His amount of activity alone suggests one of three things:

-Multiple players
-Bot
-Poopsocking

And well, honestly, this game isn't 'prestigious' enough to justify multiply players or poopsocking. No offense but it isn't.

IMO, having this guy dominate the mission boards through legal or illegal methods is worse than having to deal with the AP system.

Retired. Best Finish: #4 (Should've been #3)
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2008, 11:20:32 PM »

poopsocking?
Regardless, he just screwed up k3mp..you see, I was checking his software for big 'uns I could've upped my power with when I saw his whole server eliminated.
(EVERYTHING. was deleted, for some reason, he put a spyware on, though.  laugh )
termul

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2008, 04:32:57 AM »

WAY too fast progression. Not cool, Emi.

This is one of those rare occassions on which I agree with you HJ. I was hoping that the game would progress a little slower in this round. May I suggest you tweak a few settings Emi ?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 04:40:29 AM by termul » Logged
jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2008, 05:33:36 AM »

I've got an idea - why is protection on secret servers even public? If Firewall and Password protection were private and therefor not right away downloadable, the game would be slowed down a little - you wouldn't know what will take to break it and you could not steal that protection for yourself before cracking - if you crack it - you afford it 1

lpJ.
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2008, 06:48:46 AM »

I've got an idea - why is protection on secret servers even public? If Firewall and Password protection were private and therefor not right away downloadable, the game would be slowed down a little - you wouldn't know what will take to break it and you could not steal that protection for yourself before cracking - if you crack it - you afford it 1

lpJ.

Hacker Project: Instead of hacking servers to get high software (protection), just go to Public FTP and download. Hacking? Whats hacking?

"Hatejacket style": Oh no, dont hack other servers and steal software! Thats just.. Lame! Yeah!

Lol ^^
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Print
Jump to: