The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 10:17:14 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: Isn't this round awesome  (Read 57685 times)
Araeus

View Profile Email
« on: December 04, 2008, 03:35:39 AM »

All the delete missions of any value are being grabbed by a botter, who remains uncrackable because he is controlling a majority of the income of the entire game. 

Secret server versions jumped by .4 since last night, so soon we will have massive secret servers apparently?  I remember when I joined a month or two into the last round and the biggest secret around was .6, and people were freaking excited about that.

One day the best version of a file around is .6, the next day a v1 spawns on a random low protect secret server... apparently it makes perfect sense to spawn a v1 password AND firewall breaks on the same server in the same day when that server is a .3 protect.  I know you want to spread some stuff around for the weaker players but you have to at least make them work a little for it.  Reward those of us who crack the 1.15 server by giving us some at least half way decent files.  I cracked that secret earlier and there were TWO files there.  A .2 and a .1 of like malware AV and undeleter or something stupid.  Sweet.  So what I am seeing here is that there is absolutely NO benefit to going after the higher protect servers, apparently all the good files spawn on the crappy servers.  I don't think I've found a decent file on anything higher than the .6 secret servers, which existed on day 1 no less.

Right about now it seems like whatever I do is useless.  I find a .5 fw break, awesome, I was just gonna research one I guess that saves me time... an hour later I find a v1 fw break... OK... I find a .4 unhider/hider... a couple hours later I find a .7 hider/unhider...

It just seems like the growth rate on all this software is so extreme that it isn't even worth it to download anything... by the time you get it done the highest version of that file has doubled... where's the fun in that?  Where is this all going to top out?  With research above v10 giving .001 version increase, and this excessive rate of growth, I can see the spawned file versions getting up pretty high and then where will player input ever come in? 

Are we all going to be relying on hunting for new software forever or is it going to level out and let us get some research or player input here rather than just sthingy feeding all this software and stuff to us.  I for one wish that the file versions were still below v1, so I could research stuff and then feel good about my accomplishment because I'm ahead of the game.  Right now the only research I've done is an hour or so on my pw cracker so I wouldn't have to go another overload level to hit the level of cracking I wanted...

All in all I feel that this round has lost the fun of the game.  I know you want to encourage pvp, but throwing awesome files at us so we can try to beat eachother up with them just doesn't do any good.  I know I for one am looking forward to pvp, I've put all my income over the past week to cracking vashied and dropping an A bomb on his running processes... but NO.  Because of the 1.1 secret at the start, which was removed taking away other players chance to use it and leaving a select few virtually untouchable until recently because you didn't take the file away from them, he has been sitting high and mighty for so long that he has become all but untouchable.  Just last night I was almost able to crack him, lo and behold his firewall jumped from 1.4 to 3.5 today... awesome... even with the new v1 breakers that is unbreakable, because while my server hasn't gotten any bigger I need to do more overloads on a bigger file to get in now...

Sorry for the rant but I've only caught a 2 hour or so cat nap in the past 40 or so hours of hectic schoolwork and assignments while I've had to sit here and watch this round pretty much get crappier and crappier.  I'm gonna go sleep now and decide whether it's worth it for me to keep trying this obviously ineffective strategy of "looking for missions that have not yet been taken", or just start collecting the IP's of other people and have some fun before I completely burn out with this round. 

Oh by the way emi I like the the kill process missions... although I've only seen one so far... and I've seen a few anti-hacker missions floating around... although I don't see why vashied hasn't gotten anti hacker missions on him yet... you think the corps would notice a guy direct logging in and deleting all their files on every server... not that it would matter anyway since nobody can crack him but it would have been nice to see one pop up at some point...

Hopefully you've got something up your sleeve emi.

jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 03:48:23 AM »

well ... it is possible to squeeze some missions past his bot ... but not much. And I'm doing the best i can but every server i manage to finally crack - he's there already deleting the files...

true about the files - i got my points because of some nice files found on lower servers - higher ones are quite barren.

and where the h*** did he get that 3.5 prot???? it is unable to research it in such a short time!!! Even if you start with 1.5 prot that spawned today!

tell me that - how can he have 3.5 prot? I call that cheating!

And shut down his bot, for game's sake! You have the means, misfit gave them to you.

lpJ.
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 04:03:51 AM »

You realize that he's taken pretty much every mission.  His server is probably huge with all this money, he could actually research it up like that.  He's getting ready to finish off the 16k mission that he has been running since forever.  I know because I am sitting right behind him on it, and one of the things I was looking forward to was breaking in and killing that delete so that I could laugh in his face and show everyone that botters don't always win.  I've pretty much kissed that dream goodbye at this point though...

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 04:07:02 AM »

While I am working on the anti-bot feature, I will also check all accounts, in particular those of the top 10.

If I deem the account as using bots, it will be baned. Please note, bots are not allowed as per TOS.

Thank you,

Sir Emi

jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 04:18:36 AM »

Araeus: how well do i know that. i need half an hour to find one or two missions not yet taken, and that includes all the missions i grab from any new server i manage to crack and where i know only 10 or so people is on. He got that second gateway two days into the round and it takes time and money to upgrade it to smth useful. And about researching the prot to that version - yesterday highest prot that you could buy was 1.3. After I woke up this morning - voilla - 3.5 exists. If he is doing all the missions, how can he allot the resources to research, and it would take a lot and lot of cpu resources and time to get from v1 to v3.5. I'm doing the same with undel and have managed to get it from v1 to v1.4 with all the spare resources i could put in. There is still a difference!

Sir Emi: it is nice to know you are aware of our rumbling here. Feel free to check my account, as I know i'm amongst the suspicious as I have quite some sum of points. Can't help it if I found some nice fs av 0.9 and such sftw to dl which gives a nice boost to points :D
I want some more 1

lpJ.
Thek3mp
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 08:36:42 AM »

get some antivirus and do some disinfect missions, i have done like 6 maybe in the past few days, none have been disturbed. i dont think the bot attempts disinfects.
jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 08:38:31 AM »

If he/she uses the bot which misfit made then yes it won't disinfect he told me he only made it do deletions because there is no AP cost to do it.
jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 11:43:32 AM »

And get some virii and install them 1 The bot also doesn't do that automaticly, i pressume....
Xirad

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 12:27:01 PM »

The bot wouldn't install virii, but that doesn't mean that he wouldn't, lol. Seeing as he has enough resources to research the protects up that high, my money would be that his other server is starting to be a decent virii farm. which of course means he probably is going to keep a nice lead even without the bot to do his deletes for him....

Of course this is all just my guess, so who knows...

Hmm....
HJ®
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 12:44:57 PM »

This is ridiculous. I remember when we were all in awe of the 0.8 Firewall Protects that weren't out until at least a week or two after this point in the last round.

WAY too fast progression. Not cool, Emi.
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 03:02:34 PM »

Then i'm assuming that its this bot that is slowing this site down then?

I know its not firefox, because all other sites are working fine, but when on HP, i roll the cursor over a link and.....and....and.....FINALLY! the link lights up and i can click it! Not amusing i may add.

As a side note regarding bots, i have a perl script i wrote at the beginning of this week to to auto-accept missions for me, it does exactly this:

1. Log in to HP with my credentials.
2. Accesses the IP database, and extracts all the 'connect' links for the 16 or so public servers.
3. Connects to each server in turn, and basically does an 'accept' all on the bulletin board, via the actual link, so theres less stress on the server.
3. After all are done in logs out.

I have timing in the script also, so that coupled with the little waiting time for the script to grab the page, it places absolutely no more strain than usual on the server (or at least it shouldn't) because it only gets run when i want it to, which is something like, every 6 hours or so, at it only runs for the amount of time needed, which takes around a minute or so.

Is this classed as a bot at all?

Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 03:07:00 PM »

f**k you Vashied.

Get your f**kin ass of my server.

he is untraceable

he is using my trick

you switch gateways to your crappy one,
and than bounce to yourself,
than in another browser you switch back to your main gateway

you keep the connection,
so it points to your crap gateway for the origion proxy connection,
but you run everything from your other one

emi never said anything about it when I told him

A friend of mine helping me out. Emi, got anything to say mate?
jager

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2008, 03:25:13 PM »

DamascuS: hm ... yes and no 1 techically yes as it is an automation. However I personally don't have anything against that script of yours as you are not using it to gain an advantage - if you really only get available missions. problem are scripts that then performs every available delete mission and when mission is completed automatically finishes that task the second (or three 1) after it is over. Other users don't have a chance then, as you don't have to be present to get missions done.

But that's just IMHO.

lpJ.

P.S.: Donn, what was that? I guess I missed smth.
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2008, 04:57:19 PM »

Well, i see your point there jager, but imo the script im using doesn't really fit any of the classifications of a 'bot', it doesn't really do anything for me except keep my mission data up-to-date, if anything it could be classed as putting myself at a disadvantage, mainly because:

1. The time the mission was released is not displayed in the mission data.
2. There is literally hundreds of missions at a time from just the public servers alone, and wading through them all to find one that isn't already taken, takes considerably longer imo.

I am really only using this script for the time being, to counter the activities of these bots that people keep running, but needless to say, it still involves some nimble fingers and quick-clicking ;)

I really dont understand why these players want to use bots, i mean...its just pure F*****G LAZINESS!

'nuff said.

Thek3mp
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2008, 05:08:06 PM »

Well, i see your point there jager, but imo the script im using doesn't really fit any of the classifications of a 'bot', it doesn't really do anything for me except keep my mission data up-to-date, if anything it could be classed as putting myself at a disadvantage, mainly because:

1. The time the mission was released is not displayed in the mission data.
2. There is literally hundreds of missions at a time from just the public servers alone, and wading through them all to find one that isn't already taken, takes considerably longer imo.

I am really only using this script for the time being, to counter the activities of these bots that people keep running, but needless to say, it still involves some nimble fingers and quick-clicking ;)

I really dont understand why these players want to use bots, i mean...its just pure F*****G LAZINESS!

'nuff said.

im assuming you arent giving this publicly?
Because if it is allowed i wouldnt mind a copy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Print
Jump to: